Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Loot drops from SoD

    Hey,

    I’m sure this has been discussed before but what the fuck is up with the lack of loot from this raid?? I’ve gone the past two weeks on three toons and maybe had one to two pieces drop total for all toons on both weeks for 1-3 total for both weeks. Is this some Castle Nathria shit where we have to wait another month or two till they up the drops for that raid? Anyone else experiencing this at all? I’m finding this very frustrating to actually want to go and raid.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    its a Shadowlands Expansion feature.

    [Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

  3. #3
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

  4. #4
    i mean it's the same as last tier, 1 drop per 5 players, or 20% per player

  5. #5
    RNG is RNG
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

  6. #6
    Yeah. Gotta love when you spend multiple nights on prog wiping over and over and then one night the guild brings some undergeared IRL friends who do crap for damage, die on all mechanics, and when you finally kill it, you get nothing, and the derps get the drops you were hoping for... That's when raiding is really fun.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Yeah. Gotta love when you spend multiple nights on prog wiping over and over and then one night the guild brings some undergeared IRL friends who do crap for damage, die on all mechanics, and when you finally kill it, you get nothing, and the derps get the drops you were hoping for... That's when raiding is really fun.
    Sounds like 2004 to me.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Yeah. Gotta love when you spend multiple nights on prog wiping over and over and then one night the guild brings some undergeared IRL friends who do crap for damage, die on all mechanics, and when you finally kill it, you get nothing, and the derps get the drops you were hoping for... That's when raiding is really fun.
    Or when you get a piece that’s a downgrade but a higher ilvl so you can’t even trade it

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    RNG is RNG
    i know that was meant flippantly, it's the flippant response to this sort of thread, but i have a semi-serious question (to either you or anyone reading this):
    RNG is RNG, but should it be?

    i mean this seriously - is there any kind of legitimate argument for a game design reason as to why loot should be solely RNG?
    i've gotten shoulders in my vault on my main every week since SL launched, and i haven't gotten a weapon drop since literally last november... RNG is RNG, sure, but there a reason that it's designed this way and that we as players accept it?

    it's well within the means of the wow development system as-is right now to both add 'bad luck protection' in terms of drop rates, and since the game keeps track of your drops and acquisitions i can't imagine it would be a coding hurdle to add something like "if slot X was obtained last week from the vault reduce the chance for slot X of the same ilevel to be received as an option by Y%"

    back when items dropped directly and the equation was simply "ok the boss has 10 possible drops and actually drops 3 items" so your RNG was about the specific thing you wanted dropping, i get how pure RNG is valid - it randomizes optimization such that repeating content is viable.
    but in a system where all loot is now personal and the specific thing you want is often (or in some cases, always) is only a single item 'drop' from a single source once a week, i feel like "RNG is RNG" starts to lose its charm as a system paradigm and starts veering into being actively detrimental to player enjoyment.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2021-08-08 at 06:38 AM.

  10. #10
    Drop rates in SL has been down as a whole....can't have people gear up too quickly when you're going to be waiting 6+ months between patches.
    Common sense is not common at all.

  11. #11
    I got literally 2 226 pieces, one from cache and one from the bosses. I don't even have all the shards. Random loot is random and sucks being at the wrong end
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzydude View Post
    Hey,

    I’m sure this has been discussed before but what the fuck is up with the lack of loot from this raid?? I’ve gone the past two weeks on three toons and maybe had one to two pieces drop total for all toons on both weeks for 1-3 total for both weeks. Is this some Castle Nathria shit where we have to wait another month or two till they up the drops for that raid? Anyone else experiencing this at all? I’m finding this very frustrating to actually want to go and raid.

    Thanks.
    "BFA gives too much gear"
    "Gear is meaningless"
    "I can't get literal BiS"
    "Bfa is loot pinatalol"

    SL nerfs the amount of loot
    constant whine posts about what was asked for. Take your pick. Less gear, or more gear. Still unhappy.

  13. #13
    I think that they said the loot is... the loot. They deleted the WF/TF feature, but slightly reduced drop chance.

    ...and I am totally fine with it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    "BFA gives too much gear"
    "Gear is meaningless"
    "I can't get literal BiS"
    "Bfa is loot pinatalol"

    SL nerfs the amount of loot
    constant whine posts about what was asked for. Take your pick. Less gear, or more gear. Still unhappy.
    Before you read the rest of my message, please have a seat, and a glass of water nearby, as what you are going to read next might blow your mind away.

    Have you ever tried to use that tiny brain of yours to think of the possibility that the people who complained about too much loot in BfA are not the same people who complain about Shadowlands having too little?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Sounds like 2004 to me.
    2004 had master loot. Wouldn't happen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashane View Post
    Drop rates in SL has been down as a whole....can't have people gear up too quickly when you're going to be waiting 6+ months between patches.
    Yeah true, gotta give the addicts a reason to log on every Tuesday in this terrible expansion.

  16. #16
    you made a Brand new account to ask why drop rates are low?
    what sort of time Warp am I in

  17. #17
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,118
    RNG being RNG.
    There's a 20% chance for loot per boss, and you happen to be exceptionally unlucky. Sucks to be you.

    I've gotten 3 pieces of loot from the raid myself, and exactly 0 of them have dom sockets.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Before you read the rest of my message, please have a seat, and a glass of water nearby, as what you are going to read next might blow your mind away.

    Have you ever tried to use that tiny brain of yours to think of the possibility that the people who complained about too much loot in BfA are not the same people who complain about Shadowlands having too little?
    they arent, however.

    People cried and blizzard listened. If they didn't listen, people would be moaning "blizzard doesn't listen"

  19. #19
    Classic: Get 2 loots for 40 people, you can even get unusable things like shaman tiers in alliance "wow best experience, loot is great, everything is meaningful".

    SL: Get 1 loot every 5 people, nothing is unusable, loot is tradeable as long as you have something of the same ilvl, M+ is an infinite gear source "wtf is this shit why i get no gear worst expansion ever".

    The better the loot is the more people cry. There is no titanforging anymore, gems are buyable, M+ loot is upgradeable, up to 9 choices on weekly vault, wtf are you asking for? Every loot available on a vendor for 1 copper so you can finally realize you don't like the game and the only reason you keep playing is because you are a gambling addict? Just quit dude.

  20. #20
    When they fired a lot of the gms and made personal loot mandatory they increased the drop rate to be far above masterlooter to try and sooth the community. Now that its been a while they lowered the drop rate to what it was with masterloot minus the control over it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •