Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Imagine still playing retail in ''insert current year''

Quote Originally Posted by Izzydude View Post
    Hey,

I’m sure this has been discussed before but what the fuck is up with the lack of loot from this raid?? I’ve gone the past two weeks on three toons and maybe had one to two pieces drop total for all toons on both weeks for 1-3 total for both weeks. Is this some Castle Nathria shit where we have to wait another month or two till they up the drops for that raid? Anyone else experiencing this at all? I’m finding this very frustrating to actually want to go and raid.

Thanks.
    the irony when i got 2 bis for aoe trinkets from raid yesterday in 1 evening.

its rng . play with stable team and in couple of week you will be trading 90% of gear.

This is what people wanted.

Everyone was bitching about abundant, warforged loot. So now enjoy the rare, unique ones. If you get em.

This is the side effect of "let loot be loot". Less loot has to drop or else you'll be fully geared in 2-3 weeks.

You guys asked for this.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Nice strawman there. That the person who gets loot under personal loot rules doesn't deserve it and dies every time. While the people who got loot under master loot actually "deserves" it and wasn't because it wasn't sometimes the GM/their friend/their girlfriend.
    Still a better choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Yeah. Gotta love when you spend multiple nights on prog wiping over and over and then one night the guild brings some undergeared IRL friends who do crap for damage, die on all mechanics, and when you finally kill it, you get nothing, and the derps get the drops you were hoping for... That's when raiding is really fun.
    Why would you do that unless your guild is a casual pugging guild anyway? You bring irl friends when contents on farm and you're sitting people who can't be arsed to raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    This is what people wanted.

Everyone was bitching about abundant, warforged loot. So now enjoy the rare, unique ones. If you get em.
    *Hands up* I didn't. Will they change it back for just me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Imagine still playing retail in ''insert current year''
    TBC is slooooooooow. I forgot how bad it and classic were.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    TBC is slooooooooow. I forgot how bad it and classic were.
    I agree but it still had atleast double the pop of retail,granted these days its just as much of a ghost town

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I rather not get loot and see it go to someone that pulls their weight than not get loot and watch it go to the guy that dies every other pull.
    That literally still happened under master loot. I suppose less likely in classic due to raid size, but there was plenty of times in TBC - MoP where I saw a bad player get loot because surprise surprise the gear that dropped was for his class and no one else (or the guildy that used the game gear already had it).

That's not even getting into ML's who played favorites, though admittedly I saw that far less than RNG favoring the worst player.

To iterate on my idea earlier in the thread --

The removal of ML had nothing to do with "GM tickets" or "bad GMs" or even shitty Loot Councils. It's the fact that the existence of ML necessitated split runs from middle-of-the-road CE guilds and Blizzard wanted to curb their popularity. They effectively made it so that guilds can still do splits but they're far less impactful and there's a much lower burden on lower ranked guilds from feeling compelled to do splits. Personally, I never understood Blizzard's distaste for split runs but it strikes me as a bit less than coincidental that the expansion after Ion went on record asking the community how to curb split raids and the community overwhelmingly provided feedback that forced PL is the way... that forced PL came shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-08-09 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Still a better choice.
    Cited for opinion.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

do weapons drop in SoD, haven't seen any yet...

3+ Year Old Account
    Or, you know, maybe you're just unlucky, like everyone is from time to time in WoW.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

I agree but it still had atleast double the pop of retail,granted these days its just as much of a ghost town
    Wait... Are you seriously taking "stats" outta your ass to back up your claim that old and outdated version of wow is in any way better than retail? That's pretty sad and hilarious at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Wait... Are you seriously taking "stats" outta your ass to back up your claim that old and outdated version of wow is in any way better than retail? That's pretty sad and hilarious at same time.
    better is subjective

better is subjective
    avoiding the question

In a vacuum, THE grind being gear isn't bad and loot scarcity creates that grind. It's certainly better than grinding AP or essences, etc. Unfortunately, covenants and conduits have also become necessary in the grind and in some cases are way more time gated.

I wouldn't mind the loot scarcity from raids if that was the only thing holding back player progression but devs once again missed the mark with multiple systems that just demand too much, especially if you have interest in alts at all.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Sounds like 2004 to me.
    Not really. That's what "Master Looter" was for.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    its a Shadowlands Expansion feature.
    Basically this.

Elitists wanted loot to be "meaningful" again, and this is what we got. The funny thing? Raid loot already had an increase in drop rate in nathria, what you see in SoD is a buffed up loot drops in SL.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

7 kills of soulrender and guardian on normal
    5 kills of soulrender and guardian on heroic
    2 hunters
    48 kills
    0 ranged weapons

fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    7 kills of soulrender and guardian on normal
    5 kills of soulrender and guardian on heroic
    2 hunters
    48 kills
    0 ranged weapons

fun times.
    Let's let loot be loot!

...except that with low drop rates that makes RNG swings more brutal than ever. But hey, GREAT VAULT amirite?!