Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Nazjatar is still there. So is Argus, and the Broken Shore, and Timeless Isle, Mechagon, N'Zoth's corrupted Uldum and Vale....

Like. Why not just play the content you like instead of "quitting" or whining when the current patch isn't your cup of tea?
    People don't think of things like that. Back in MoP I wondered sometimes if people thought the entirely of the game was their faction's Shrine, the SoO raid, and the bit of land in between them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    i Don't think you thought this thread topic through.
    how can you expect people to go back and play mostly irrelevant/obsolete content if they do not like the current content? The current content being the intended game?
    you might as well have said "just go back to elwynn forest and kill boars" at least people would think you are trolling then
    Because thinking that it's irrelevant or obsolete is very narrow thinking? Your entire post is basically declaring your opinions as fact. If your definition of content is limited to "the most recent patch" then there's your problem.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Let me think for a second: because WoW is made in a way that makes old content irrelevant for character progression plus people have paid for the xpac so it is reasonable they would expect content for their money.
    i sign that. but you forgot to add that the fact, that the game is a MMorpg would be somewhat countered by running around on Argus, TOTALLY alone. i was there last night for some old shit. there was 2 leveling ppls first. after a while i was alone. thats it. not that great Multi Massively (online role play game) feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? Thats literally what I said? Why would you get so upset about someone saying the same thing as you are? You seem to have absolutely no clue what being obtuse actually means.
    Then i misunderstood you i guess but felt like you were arguing semantics on what's possible or not when the question is experiencing the content as it was released/intended.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    In order to help defend blizzard's horrible design of the current content, let's redirect people's attention to how horrible blizzard is to handle previous content.
    Nice job!
    I think it's more important. After all, there's way more previous content than there's current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i sign that. but you forgot to add that the fact, that the game is a MMorpg would be somewhat countered by running around on Argus, TOTALLY alone. i was there last night for some old shit. there was 2 leveling ppls first. after a while i was alone. thats it. not that great Multi Massively (online role play game) feeling.
    It's a problem that compounds itself. Nobody is in these places because people don't have a reason to be there, removing one more reason for anyone to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Because thinking that it's irrelevant or obsolete is very narrow thinking? Your entire post is basically declaring your opinions as fact. If your definition of content is limited to "the most recent patch" then there's your problem.
    it's not narrow when it is in fact, a fact. You didnt think this through either it seems.
    older content that has no relevance to the current state of the game (current patch) is not an alternative for people quitting the game over their dislike of the current game's current/relevant content.
    If you and op wanna go skip through older expansion's content in protest of what is happening in 9.1 or you guys don't like it, be our guests. It's not a viable alternative.
    you aren't defending OP's point, your attacking me for making the statement that OP's "solution" is not a solution at all.

Nazjatar is still there. So is Argus, and the Broken Shore, and Timeless Isle, Mechagon, N'Zoth's corrupted Uldum and Vale....

Like. Why not just play the content you like instead of "quitting" or whining when the current patch isn't your cup of tea?
    Aged like Milk, just like your post.

But in all seriousness, people already do that, but there's only so many sets, pets and mounts to collect, they are locked behind a weekly basis. There's little to no replayability for older content. Timewalking was the first step in the right direction, Blizz in their infinite wisdom, made it last a week, monthly at best and relegated to a certain amount of instanced content.

Also, aside from collecting things, there's no real reason to run old content for the wow community, if there's no reward attached, this forum is a testament of that.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2021-08-09 at 04:08 PM.

Imagine paying 60$ for an expansion for new content, only to get about 1 month of new content. Then getting a shit show of a patch and waiting for that said patch 9 months after the expansion released ( Which btw is the longest content drought for a first content patch of the game almost beating the records for their last patch's - new expansion release. ) Imagine thinking that its okay for this company to take / continue to take all of that money just for you to play the content from 2+ years ago because they fucking suck at making new / long lasting content. Sorry. Thats NOT content. Especially if you're someone who has done it multiple times over.

5+ Year Old Account
    Been there.

Done that.

Or can just purchase FF14 and hit it.

Problem solved for me. Now, let's not get too hasty - it does not mean I quit WoW, but I certainly am not going to go for obsolete content just to try and artificially prolong WoW patch life cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Imagine thinking that its okay for this company to take / continue to take all of that money just for you to play the content from 2+ years ago because they fucking suck at making new / long lasting content. Sorry. Thats NOT content. Especially if you're someone who has done it multiple times over.
    The sad part is that I would've been fine with all of that if they had a way for all that old content was still somewhat relevant. Doesn't even have to be an optimal way to progress further, just as long as it contributes something.

Because oneshotting everyhting is not fun?

Because thinking that it's irrelevant or obsolete is very narrow thinking?
    But it is "irrelevant or obsolete" for character progression. It's not just the hardcore raiders that play the game to progress their characters, you know?

You cannot progress your character in power by doing Nazjatar at level 60. You cannot progress your character in the story by doing Jade Forest at level 60. Not to mention that, for many of us, there is literally nothing there to do other than kill mobs and do dailies, as we have already done that content already when it was current.

Maybe because they want value for money for something they paid $135 for?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Because oneshotting everyhting is not fun?
    Meh, I'd have loved to oneshot stuff in Legion mythic raids, especially Antorus, since there are some pretty neat xmogs there. But Ion, in his infinite wisdom, decided that we have to wait until the next year or so because reasons... assuming that we will ever be able to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Your argument has about as much logic as your signature.

If I wanted to play Timeless Isle again I would just wait for MoP classic to experience it as close to what it was.
    Lol this so much.

Imagine being proud of being the only country who doesn’t use measurements that the rest of the world uses.

Sheesh

OP I take it you don’t do any high end current content?

I actually had the Idea of creating new characters and choosing an expansion and level locking myself to see how far in that expansion I could get, quest wise, etc. Just to see how close to a legitimate older school feeling I could get. But I know that whole questlines etc, have been removed from the game. Eg. the Lego cloak line from MoP. So Idk. I am still toying with the idea. But to go back to an older expac with a lvl 60 toon would get old very fast. Challenge and a feeling of comraderies and community with other players working towards similar goals is part of what made each expansions gimmicks seem interesting in the first place.

What the fanboys stubbornly do not want to understand is that blizzard doesn't care about their players and what they say and only thinks about the money, but with the recent events in the company, many people, including famous streamers, are now saying stop to this injustice.

In short, if you want things to change, you have to get your head out of the sand and do something for change like many other does. (I advise you not to waste your time posting on official forums, after all, they haven't been reading what has been written there for many years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    it's not narrow when it is in fact, a fact. You didnt think this through either it seems.
    older content that has no relevance to the current state of the game (current patch) is not an alternative for people quitting the game over their dislike of the current game's current/relevant content.
    If you and op wanna go skip through older expansion's content in protest of what is happening in 9.1 or you guys don't like it, be our guests. It's not a viable alternative.
    you aren't defending OP's point, your attacking me for making the statement that OP's "solution" is not a solution at all.
    I'm attacking you for declaring your way of playing the game as the "intended" way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But it is "irrelevant or obsolete" for character progression. It's not just the hardcore raiders that play the game to progress their characters, you know?

You cannot progress your character in power by doing Nazjatar at level 60. You cannot progress your character in the story by doing Jade Forest at level 60. Not to mention that, for many of us, there is literally nothing there to do other than kill mobs and do dailies, as we have already done that content already when it was current.
    Character progression is not the be all end all only way to play the game. If that was so then transmogrification would not be a thing. That's why I'm calling it narrow thinking.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Character progression is not the be all end all only way to play the game. If that was so then transmogrification would not be a thing. That's why I'm calling it narrow thinking.
    but it is the intended design factor of the game. You waving your finger and saying you can do other things doesnt change that.
    and focusing on irrelevant things like transmog as a supposed substitute for character progression is not a viable option as it adds nothing to your character progression. Just as going back to previous expansion content and dicking around because you don't like Shadowlands content, as the OP describes.

I'm attacking you for declaring your way of playing the game as the "intended" way.
    so you still have nothing relevant to say, looks per usual for you especially in this thread.
    Enjoy increasing your post count from contributing absolutely nothing of value, i wont be able to see it from my block list anymore
    Last edited by Local Skinwalker; 2021-08-14 at 12:55 PM.

There is an "intended way" of playing the game, though. That's kind of a fact, really. One we can figure by seeing what Blizzard does to the game: they only add new stuff to the current expansion to further the story and character progression of the current expansion.

Character progression is not the be all end all only way to play the game. If that was so then transmogrification would not be a thing. That's why I'm calling it narrow thinking.[/QUOTE]
    Speaking of "narrow minded", have you noticed that many of those that are complaining about "the current state of the game" are those that actually care about character and/or story progression, even if it's a casual manner? Hence why saying "old content is irrelevant" is not only pertinent, but a fact.