Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's pretty obvious most of it riding a bandwagon for views. None of those people actually found a game that happened this year to be perfect or suddenly realized wow is "bad" so what's happening here is that they think that hate for wow sells and they jump on a bandwagon of the streamer culture in the hope they'll get their subs count higher.
    this is either a troll or a huge copium case,people dont just hate on wow cuz its kewl and trendy,these streamers and wow creators had their entire life in the game and financialy,they quit because not only has the game done a nose dive in quality over the years,but the recent stuff coming out was the final straw,and it was a pretty thic and heavy straw at that

people deleted their accounts permanently,the game had issues in the past also but never to this extent

never have MOST wow creators just quit,its time to face facts and get over it...ITS OVER

when your most passionate content creators drop you...its good night

wow wont die ofc,but it wont be truly alive anymore either

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Stooppzz - niche guy who only did and talked about pvp. If pvp is your main thing in WoW, you're not gonna last too long anyway.
    Idk man Ziqo, Drainer and some other guys have been streaming since forever.

And outside of the few heavy weights like Asmongold, outside of pvp wow streams are pretty dead. Game just sucks to watch.
    Last edited by Thes; 2021-08-09 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    amazon pays them so well for promoting new world that it doesnt even matter

plus all money from their simps saving their streamer from poverty.

this is very good business decision for them - proving that they didnt care about wow in first place at all. only about $$$$
    they all cared very much about wow,thats why they stuck with it until now even after so much abuse,but for some people continuing to support a rape culture company is a bit to much,for you it clearly doesnt matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Realize that streamers and youtubers do their 'craft' for one thing and one thing only: clicks and revenue to make money on their viewers.
    They'll try lure you in with whatever they can, and they will go to extreme lengths to do so.

If you want to be a happy gamer, stay away of these channels and form your own opinion. Think for yourself.
    If you're having fun but a streamer says the game is shit, that doesn't mean you actually have to think the game is shit as well.

Imho streamers and youtubers that 'blog' about things are a disease. The ones that make guides and stuff are fine, stay away from the drama queens.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    7.3.5 had solutions to the problems that SL has now and the problems it had at the time were minor

Legendary rng was fixed
    Artifact catch up was less painful
    Alt play was again fixed due to the previous two fixes

Problems that still existed
    Relic garbage
    Catch up gear could roll an arcano crystal
    TF meant that you would still farm useless crap
    Argus trinkets

SL shits on the solutions and carried over the problems
    “Domination gear is just like tier” nah and repeating it doesn’t make it true
    Covenant balance is still garbage and while the catch up and anima buffs are nice I’d really enjoy if we had more things we could do with anima because I don’t feel like restarting a renown grind for a set of cosmetics I can’t use outside of that covenant is appealing
    So what; SL will also have """fixes""" in the end of the expansion; people don't understand that Blizzard DOES NOT DEVELOP NEW SYSTEMS MID-EXPANSION.
    Every expansion is PREPLANNED and what you see at launch is just a chopped up version of it that needs more grinding because it's still new.
    All that you hear about "we heard you and we do a change in patch X.2 or X.3 is all a show; they KNEW they would do e.g. catchups anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Can't speak for anybody else, but to me it took 1-2 expansions to realize how annoying borrowed power is to me. I absolutely hate it now. I am not gonna bother purchasing another expansion that has borrowed power, I am sick of it after experiencing it 3 times. Legion was fun because all the systems were new. But now, after they got recycled 2 times I am sick of them.
    And getting a tier set for a couple months then losing it or getting a talent row only for it to be changed or moved around each xpac wasn't borrowed power from day one. Cause if you say no then it's just intellectually dishonest.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

None of those people that quit (e.g. Preach) gave a shit about the lore when it gets to tier sets. It was all about changing the rotation.
    So when they completely omit to say the legendaries COMPLETELY change the rotation: I know they aren't that smart or pretending.
    You are talking bullshit. Of course people care about class fantasy. You are delusional

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And getting a tier set for a couple months then losing it or getting a talent row only for it to be changed or moved around each xpac wasn't borrowed power from day one. Cause if you say no then it's just intellectually dishonest.
    A lot of the criticism has the delusion that WoW is that much different while no much has changed (ever). E.g. Preach is spearheading the criticism (and it's picked up by Asmongold) that supposedly tier sets were so amazing because they changed your rotation and all that.
    Well guess what: tier sets were also COMPLETELY LOST after the expansion (or even the "season"): AND they often needed a lot of grinding or randomness.

Streamers get money streaming WoW, once the views stagnates they get more money by triumphantly quitting WoW and streaming something else. Once the views on whatever new game they play stagnates they will get more money by "givingWoW another chance". Repeat and nauseum.

Streamers like those earn most of their big revenue spikes from outrage, and by switching away from WoW they get a double dose on that. They can make a big show of leaving AND a big show of returning.

Just imagine, they play FFXIV until views stagnates, then they talk about how SL is improving/they are giving it another chance.
    If it's good then they can claim to be prophets by saying how their outrage had a positive effect, if it is the same or worse then they can get revenue trashing it again.

Streamers essentially have nothing to lose from publicly quitting WoW, especially if they can just as easily return.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    You are talking bullshit. Of course people care about class fantasy. You are delusional
    Some do (and you may do) but definitely not those people. Preach and Asmongold aren't gonna quit wow because a tier set had better lore than a legendary or whatever, they spread the delusion that the subsystems themselves were somehow amazing in the tier set era from a technical standpoint when clearly even then grinding and randomness reigned supreme.

Some do (and you may do) but definitely not those people. Preach and Asmongold aren't gonna quit wow because a tier set had better lore than a legendary or whatever, they spread the delusion that the subsystems themselves were somehow amazing in the tier set era from a technical standpoint when clearly even then grinding and randomness reigned supreme.
    class fantasy is not lore. Jesus Christ, do you not understand what class fantasy means? WTF are you even doing arguing here when you don't even understand the basics.

Its always funny when people in a bubble call others delusional. lore nerds are a minority. Most dont even bother reading quest texts.

class fantasy is not lore. Jesus Christ, do you not understand what class fantasy means? WTF are you even doing arguing here when you don't even understand the basics.
    Potato-potahto. Class fantasy and lore is the same category for people that don't give a shit about the story in general, and when Preach and Asmongold (the thread is about streamers) shit on wow because the tier sets were supposedly amazing on a technical standpoint: it has nothing to do with story or class fantasy or lore.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-08-09 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Its always funny when people in a bubble call others delusional. lore nerds are a minority. Most dont even bother reading quest texts.
    class fantasy is not lore...

It's almost like humans are inherently hypocritical creatures... You too have been hypocritical in life.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    I think most people might be somewhere in the middle and leaning towards gaming technicals. E.g. they do care about the story in the sense of caring about a movie having a good one, but: when it gets to actual gameplay: they are not going to say "I liked tier sets because the STORY was better for them".

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Did you, perchance misread my post? I didn't claim WoW has 10m players right now, I said they lost close to 10m players since Wotlk. Which was my argument that losing a couple extra 100k players now will not make them change their way if millions of players leaving didn't fundamentally change anything (aka making WoW 2). It seems like they genuinely don't care for the franchise as a whole. All the changes they make lead to players leaving, that would tell me that I need to re-do the entire game, not just adjust. It seems they think otherwise. But looking at the evidence, WoW is never gaining players anymore (long-term) so a complete reset is the only solution for growth again.

Look at other franchises that faced the same issue. Resident Evil was doing really bad after RE6, Capcom overhauled the entire game, new perspective (1st person now) and it's doing way better than before. You absolutely have to change your game if it's decades old. WoW is just trying to band-aid all issues but it simply needs a complete overhaul.
    Than we are saying the same thing because I want them to redo the game and when I look at Ashes of Creation I see a game for the first time in a very long time that will modernize the mmo genre I just think wow 2 can do it better with there characters and lore.

ff14 is an ancient game anyway (in terms of the main nature of it). I played it about 3 or 4 years ago and I knew it was nothing too special as a replacement (since it did nothing really new), and I find it fascinating that the creator himself said it's meant to be a "japanese wow".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if Asmongold is braver than others, but a lot of others don't have to be afraid these days. He had multiple times more views with his "exodus to ff14" streams so it's obvious that a lot of others that jumped into the bandwagon didn't have to be afraid to hate on wow (or at least they might have reasons to think that even if it's short term).
    Asmongold's viewer numbers don't apply to 'random WoW streamer". The guy would have thousands of people watching if it was literally a stream of paint drying.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Asmongold's viewer numbers don't apply to 'random WoW streamer". The guy would have thousands of people watching if it was literally a stream of paint drying.
    Yeah but the analogy remains the same. E.g. you may be a small streamer but you may feed on wow haters. In fact there are some streamers that almost EXCLUSIVELY feed on haters of the content they cover.

I think most people might be somewhere in the middle and leaning towards gaming technicals. E.g. they do care about the story in the sense of caring about a movie having a good one, but: when it gets to actual gameplay: they are not going to say "I liked tier sets because the STORY was better for them".
    There are some who rate sets on realism in accordance with setting / fitting a class but the vast majority seem to follow rule of cool - if it looks great they like it.
    You can see this by what people mog into - they dont choose the realistic one but the cool sets.