Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is like reading some strange breakup cope but for other people playing a videogame.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Wow players copium the thread lol. Easier answer, most of the big streamers been tried of this game since legion introduced the shit show systems, it never got better or removed. But then, they got an opportunity to keep making money and just go do something less shit. Thats not what hypocrisy means. Its just quitting your job, for a better job.
    The hypocrisy is in their absolutism about comparing the game now. They usually pretend that now it's almost entirely bad and somehow 2 or 3 expansions ago it was almost amazing. The game is almost the same quality since TBC (and I'm not joking) since the raiding was always stable since TBC and massive grinding was always there and massive rng was always there.

The interesting thing about these threads on this forum is all these posters usually pretend that they have no idea who any of these streamers are. Now suddenly they understand the business or are making excuses for what they are doing. Or are angry about it.

It's a job/business. Money, morals, and personalities all play a role in how it goes. Yeah, a lot of them will be back. Most of them are even honest and say it. With recent events it's both fashionable and reasonable to step away for a bit. If they find new space in which they thrive it might be possible they don't return. Even more so if it makes them happy. I mean, is that really that insane? For me it seems pretty normal honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Streamers will do what's best for their streams. It's a business for them.

My simple wish is for Blizzard to stop treating them as anyone important and do their interviews with journalists who ask hard questions. Blizzard's embrace of "influencers" was never a good idea. If they haven't stopped that already they should step on the brakes.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    If you are incapable to answer then don't answer at all; you saying "I'm above you" is not an answer; it's admitting you have no arguments other than hate.
    Tell us exactly how frost mage will PLAY differently (it's the word you used) if the spells behaved like current arcane's.
    I suspect your problem is mixing up how something "feels" in your mind when you think about it with GAMEPLAY.
    Just to make it clear, class fantasy is what a spec is supposed to be at a glance. Informing both the benchmark for the ideal spec, as well as the starting point

Fury Warrior for instance has the class fantasy of berserker. It informs several abilities like Rampage and bloodthirst that defines the spec as one that focuses on doing lots of attacks with no heed for exactly how impactful each individual hit is, similar to how a berserker would fight.
    BM hunter is a beastmaster, which informs abilities like kill command and the reliance on a pet to do damage for you, in addition to the ability to summon lots of pets at once.

A class fantasy is the ideal a spec is supposed to live up to, which is important since without it you wouldn't really have any idea what kind of abilities the spec is even supposed to have, like what happened before Outlaw rogue changed name from Combat rogue.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with you , its just stupid . every now and then i see a youtube video (GOOD BYE WOW 15 YEARS . ) (GOOD BYE WOW , I WILL STOP UPLOADING WOW NOW )

Like wtf is wrong with you . you took part of the problem . Swifty used to submit to blizzard whats wrong with the game ,but those youtubers expect developers to watch their videos . sorry for saying that it seems irrelevant to the topic but i agree with what you said

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    Omg, the amount of copium here is at the same lvl as an presidential election..

For many people the lawsuit was what broke the camels back, is that hard to understand?
    There can be several reasons for why a streamer quits, in this case we are arguing that while the lawsuit is a part of it, the reason streamers are quitting is because SL streams are getting middling response from the audience, and that the streamers have decided to instead ride th outrage gravy train for a while by swapping games.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So what; SL will also have """fixes""" in the end of the expansion; people don't understand that Blizzard DOES NOT DEVELOP NEW SYSTEMS MID-EXPANSION.
    Every expansion is PREPLANNED and what you see at launch is just a chopped up version of it that needs more grinding because it's still new.
    All that you hear about "we heard you and we do a change in patch X.2 or X.3 is all a show; they KNEW they would do e.g. catchups anyway.
    The problem is that the current problems were fixed in past expansions

Also let’s look at the wonderful world of SL systems during testing

Conduits
    They made the correct move in making it a collection instead of consumable
    Conduit energy is garbage as it punishes you for playing multiple specs because some specs have the same soulbind and the solution to them was to limit the swaps…let’s look at the trees themselves

Originally the capstone abilities were very powerful and each covenant had a tree with 3-2-2 for different conduit types so an OP soulbind might only have two potency conduits. They changed that after a month to each having three potency but different unlock levels so night fae unlocked theirs in week 3 I believe. They then solved that issue by making each unlock at the same level which balanced every tree as close as they ever could be….then two weeks before launch they flipped the trees for no reason.

Now let’s look at the covenant abilities for a class like monk
    They sold covenants as a cosmetic and story choice and meaningful choice because swapping was tough
    They then added 4 different kinds of abilities that work completely different and are constantly being tuned
    NF is a short aoe
    Kyrian is a powerful buff
    NecroLord is an aoe buff
    Venthyr is an rng clone zoo
    Now these were sold as choices that you had to deal with…until 9.1

The covenants had issues with the special buildings as well with 3 of them suffering from rng for rewards while Kyrian was simple but less engaging with no replay value

Anima drought was real so they fixed it but now there’s not enough new items to spend excess anima on in 9.1 since you get 1k in a day worth of korthia

They removed tier gear in BfA because they didn’t like locking in multiple pieces of gear so we fast forward and know how we are getting tier in 9.2 so currently we have domination sockets. Originally the pieces had multiple sockets and you could equip up to 8 so you had two sets and two extra pieces with pieces from Sylvanas having 3 slots. That got nerfed to having 5 pieces with one slot and your bonus tied to one of the pieces so devs say it’s just like tier…only it’s generic buffs you don’t notice

Raid skips were in every raid since emerald nightmare I believe (a 7 boss raid) but they just recently added one for sanctum

We had intro skips since WoD but we still don’t have one for shadowlands

I am all for them fixing broken systems over time but I’m not for waiting for them to fix the same problem they had fixed two years ago. If they plan out the expansions with that as a result then I’m all for leaving until they get their heads out of their asses.

They purposely release a broken system just to fix it later is the new torghast upgrade system technically
    Introduce a system that makes the game more annoying and introduce another system specifically to counter the bad system

If players don’t like it then they should quit
    But if they quit they are wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And getting a tier set for a couple months then losing it or getting a talent row only for it to be changed or moved around each xpac wasn't borrowed power from day one. Cause if you say no then it's just intellectually dishonest.
    The difference is this

You still got the talent row
    It was there and remained there

Tier sets were replaced but they effected your gameplay and then the replacements did as well

These are interesting and impactful for each spec heck my WW played noticeably different between 7.2 and 7.3 because of the interactions heck 1m dps was simply from a gear combo with a legendary which you would always have different combos as compared to now where it’s “here’s your BiS leggo for 99% of situations” and let’s face it you won’t take the other ones because it’s a pain to get them compared to legion

Now we get an ability that we lose at the end of the expansion and generic bonuses in the form of “increases X damage by Y%” or “makes X ability cleave/recharge faster” heck half of the new legendaries and conduits aren’t even new

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    and that the streamers have decided to instead ride th outrage gravy train for a while by swapping games.
    It's the opposite of that. Streamers that decided to quit have been on the "outrage train" for quite some time. Somehow it's shocking to people here that players who were criticizing the game for the last few expansions with video after video for months and years are now quitting the game and decided to not make videos about WoW anymore.

That's the whole point of why Preach quit WoW. He doesn't want to be constantly negative about WoW, so if he doesn't enjoy WoW and doesn't want to keep criticizing WoW then there is only one path left: quitting WoW.
    Same with Stoopzz. He wants to play a fun pvp game with a fun community and he doesn't get that from WoW anymore. His youtube content went from "this is amazing" to "this is not amazing anymore" to "this is bad" to "blizzard please, this is so bad and it's going to crash and burn" to "it crashed and burned" to "I'm out". He doesn't want to make video after video after video shitting on WoW. He wants to have fun with a fun game. So he's gone and won't talk about WoW anymore. Not hating on WoW, just gone.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    amazon pays them so well for promoting new world that it doesnt even matter

plus all money from their simps saving their streamer from poverty.

this is very good business decision for them - proving that they didnt care about wow in first place at all. only about $$$$
    And then New World releases and flops and they have no audience anymore. Very good business decision. I mean if Amazon pays millions to every streamer, ok, that could work out, but I highly doubt that

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    And then New World releases and flops and they have no audience anymore. Very good business decision. I mean if Amazon pays millions to every streamer, ok, that could work out, but I highly doubt that
    it's almost like quitting WoW is not a business decision for them but a passion one

It's almost like streamers play whatever game is popular, and WoW is looking like a sinking ship right now

lmao

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Streamers will do what's best for their streams. It's a business for them.

My simple wish is for Blizzard to stop treating them as anyone important and do their interviews with journalists who ask hard questions. Blizzard's embrace of "influencers" was never a good idea. If they haven't stopped that already they should step on the brakes.
    Quoted for truth. I mean, asmongold is a great entertainer - and he should be treated as such. He is NOT a game designer, he is not a developer (I bet he can't even code), he just played video games his whole life. It is like saying someone who has driven cars until he is 40 years old is suddenly an engineer or car designer.

Younger people sometimes tend to overweight the opinions of streamers because they grew up with them, maybe older people can identify an entertainer when they see them and have enough distance to streamers.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Personally I think streamers were a bad development on the video game industry and are way overpaid, like way, way overpaid. I think all that money get to their heads and creates an "I'm a celebrity/VIP listen to meeee" mentality. Worst offender was totalbiscuit

15+ Year Old Account
    Preach quit WoW. I have no issues with that. But I watched Preach predominantly for his WoW content so I unsubbed from Preach. Nowt against him, nice fella, good content but I work when he streams so I just watched his WoW related vids. He quit for perfectly reasonable reasons beyond the situation.

Streamers "jumping on the band wagon" as you say take the risk of losing people who watch their content for very little gain (brownie points basically with very little financial gain). That's their choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Personally I think streamers were a bad development on the video game industry and are way overpaid, like way, way overpaid. I think all that money get to their heads and creates an "I'm a celebrity/VIP listen to meeee" mentality. Worst offender was totalbiscuit
    Agree, TB and Jesse Cox were number one offenders on that list. Whether they're overpaid depends on how popular they are. Tools like PewDeePie should choke on the amount of cash they get, the talentless hack..
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-08-09 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's almost like streamers play whatever game is popular, and WoW is looking like a sinking ship right now

lmao
    yeah right, streamers who were playing WoW for the last ten years or so and streaming to a few hundred and maybe low thousands viewers are quitting WoW because that's the popular thing to do right now. Can't possibly be the case that people are quitting because they have no passion left for this game. No, obviously all streamers are ruthless businessmen who were only playing WoW for the money. Those big bucks they were making with this game that barely anyone watches...

Newsflash: barely any WoW streamer really makes bank with WoW. If these people were all about that money, they'd have left WoW half a decade ago. WoW is not a game that is fun to watch and never really got many viewers outside of world first races and stuff like that. The only WoW streamers that became very popular are popular despite WoW because of their personality. Asmongold is so popular because he's an exceptional streamer and WoW did nothing for his popularity. If anything it held him back, like FF14 is showing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I never really understood the deification of totalbiscuit, especially before his death. Refreshing to see that not everyone was on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    yeah right, streamers who were playing WoW for the last ten years or so and streaming to a few hundred and maybe low thousands viewers are quitting WoW because that's the popular thing to do right now. Can't possibly be the case that people are quitting because they have no passion left for this game. No, obviously all streamers are ruthless businessmen who were only playing WoW for the money. Those big bucks they were making with this game that barely anyone watches...

Newsflash: barely any WoW streamer really makes bank with WoW. If these people were all about that money, they'd have left WoW half a decade ago. WoW is not a game that is fun to watch and never really got many viewers outside of world first races and stuff like that. The only WoW streamers that became very popular are popular despite WoW because of their personality. Asmongold is so popular because he's an exceptional streamer and WoW did nothing for his popularity. If anything it held him back, like FF14 is showing right now.
    thanks for writing a textwall that is literally the same thing I said

Even some that are fed up I think their reasoning to explain it is - in part - misguided (since they may be confusing their personal life having moved on with the game having changed). E.g. Preach is spearheading the argument that supposedly tier sets were so amazing (for changing the rotation) and that now the game is so grinding-oriented with uninteresting "tier sets" etc. That's so absolutist and effectively wrong because a) Legendaries change the rotation too b) The game was ALWAYS grinding-oriented and c) The game was always rng-oriented (and it was WAY worse on early Legion and some of those people pretend problems mainly started mid-BfA).
    Agree. I just can't stand this crybabies. Like watching Messi couple of days ago... Just f**** unsub, why the hell do they have to make so much drama? Its like worlds will collide if they unsub... Its like wow popularity depends on them... I sub/unsub when I want and don't make all the drama around it. Millions of players sub/unsub and game doesn't die because of that. Its like nothing else exists but WOW for some of them... No wonder they are all bored with it.

I get that the game needs changes, LOTS of them! I was complaining about systems and borrowed power since Legion. Promoting soloQ since... ever. But some make so much drama out of it like its life or death(maybe thats the goal of Shadowlands exp...)

I trust maybe one or two streamers/youtubers about their opinions, not so much trust but agree with most what they say. And both play WoW as their main game but still play other stuff. Wonder why they don't burn out with wow...

Game has been pretty bad for 6 years now, who would of thought the good old days would include WoD and MoP. I'm surprised many held on for so long, I think most of it had to do with Classic so its no wonder tbc classic drove people off again.

Edit: to be honest I held on for a long time too. I checked out completely when Ion said they knew borrowed power systems were a big problem, but they weren't going to do anything about them. Pretty much just the devs saying they know the game is fucked up but they don't care.

Honestly I'm "happier" playing ffxiv. Its not the game I want to play, I'd rather play wow as thats my preferred setting, but at least the game itself is built how I want my mmorpgs built.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-08-09 at 12:56 PM.