Page 1 of 36
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    This current streamers trend to exit wow is obviously partly hypocritical.

    It's pretty obvious most of it riding a bandwagon for views. None of those people actually found a game that happened this year to be perfect or suddenly realized wow is "bad" so what's happening here is that they think that hate for wow sells and they jump on a bandwagon of the streamer culture in the hope they'll get their subs count higher.

  2. #2
    You realize how much bs that is right? If a steamer almost solemnly streams one game and the quits said game, chances are, many of his viewers will no longer watch him. That's not true for every steamer, but the risk is always there.

  3. #3
    Immortal Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    7,097
    Yeah it makes complete sense to stop streaming WoW when you are a WoW streamer, that will get you a lot of extra income for sure.

  4. #4
    There is a seed of truth in that, but it's also not the whole picture. Those who quit were already either on the verge of quitting, or fed up with the game for a long time. So their quitting the game now is almost unrelated to the current happenings, or at best, they consider the court case a final straw.

    If we look at content creators / streamers who quit:

    Preach - didn't really enjoy the game for months (if not years now). Barely played for the last months and if he did it was just PTR. Also, he's not actually quitting wow content, because he continues to release his most viewed wow-related series' such as Drama Time, Legacy and one of the newer ones. He basically just stops talking about new stuff in the game, which was just a small part of this channel anyway.

    Mad Season - didn't make main wow content for years. Mostly talked about the old days and wow classic (now basically dead). His quitting was also unrelated to the current drama.

    Stooppzz - niche guy who only did and talked about pvp. If pvp is your main thing in WoW, you're not gonna last too long anyway.

    There was also some classic-based streamer that quit, and considering that classic is pretty much dead (both classic era and tbc), it doesn't really change much for him to 'officially quit'.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You realize how much bs that is right? If a steamer almost solemnly streams one game and the quits said game, chances are, many of his viewers will no longer watch him. That's not true for every steamer, but the risk is always there.
    amazon pays them so well for promoting new world that it doesnt even matter

    plus all money from their simps saving their streamer from poverty.

    this is very good business decision for them - proving that they didnt care about wow in first place at all. only about $$$$

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah it makes complete sense to stop streaming WoW when you are a WoW streamer, that will get you a lot of extra income for sure.
    They may believe that. Asmongold had a ton of views on his "to ff14 exodus" (maybe the highest he's ever had).
    They may be wrong because it may be short term but that doesn't mean they may not believe it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There is a seed of truth in that, but it's also not the whole picture. Those who quit were already either on the verge of quitting, or fed up with the game for a long time. So their quitting the game now is almost unrelated to the current happenings, or at best, they consider the court case a final straw.

    If we look at content creators / streamers who quit:

    Preach - didn't really enjoy the game for months (if not years now). Barely played for the last months and if he did it was just PTR. Also, he's not actually quitting wow content, because he continues to release his most viewed wow-related series' such as Drama Time, Legacy and one of the newer ones. He basically just stops talking about new stuff in the game, which was just a small part of this channel anyway.

    Mad Season - didn't make main wow content for years. Mostly talked about the old days and wow classic (now basically dead). His quitting was also unrelated to the current drama.

    Stooppzz - niche guy who only did and talked about pvp. If pvp is your main thing in WoW, you're not gonna last too long anyway.

    There was also some classic-based streamer that quit, and considering that classic is pretty much dead (both classic era and tbc), it doesn't really change much for him to 'officially quit'.
    I'm talking about the hypocrisy of the extremity. I understand wow deserves a lot of criticism (mainly because of the overengineering of subsystems and grinding), but all this "[almost]100% wow is bad" and "[almost]100% this new game I found is perfect" is pretty obviously hypocritical in part.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's pretty obvious most of it riding a bandwagon for views. None of those people actually found a game that happened this year to be perfect or suddenly realized wow is "bad" so what's happening here is that they think that hate for wow sells and they jump on a bandwagon of the streamer culture in the hope they'll get their subs count higher.
    This has to be a bait, right? You cannot actually think this is true.

    One of the biggest fear of streamers dedicated to one game, is to go to a different game.
    Many, many streamers have said that they fear it will end their career, and have kept playing a game they hated.

    So I'd say, that this is a great opportunity to switch games.

    Also, imagine someone trying to earn more money in their job. PURE INSANITY.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    They may believe that. Asmongold had a ton of views on his "to ff14 exodus" (maybe the highest he's ever had).
    They may be wrong because it may be short term but that doesn't mean they may not believe it.

    - - - Updated - - -


    I'm talking about the hypocrisy of the extremity. I understand wow deserves a lot of criticism (mainly because of the overengineering of subsystems and grinding), but all this "[almost]100% wow is bad" and "[almost]100% this new game I found is perfect" is pretty obviously hypocritical in part.
    They do it for the drama because drama sells as well.

    I also like any streamer going to A New World because of what happened at Blizzard. Because Amazon totally doesn't publicly exploit their workers to almost slave like conditions. Or FF14 and their fantastic work culture...
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    They do it for the drama because drama sells as well.

    I also like any streamer going to A New World because of what happened at Blizzard. Because Amazon totally doesn't publicly exploit their workers to almost slave like conditions. Or FF14 and their fantastic work culture...
    ff14 is an ancient game anyway (in terms of the main nature of it). I played it about 3 or 4 years ago and I knew it was nothing too special as a replacement (since it did nothing really new), and I find it fascinating that the creator himself said it's meant to be a "japanese wow".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    This has to be a bait, right? You cannot actually think this is true.

    One of the biggest fear of streamers dedicated to one game, is to go to a different game.
    Many, many streamers have said that they fear it will end their career, and have kept playing a game they hated.

    So I'd say, that this is a great opportunity to switch games.

    Also, imagine someone trying to earn more money in their job. PURE INSANITY.
    I don't know if Asmongold is braver than others, but a lot of others don't have to be afraid these days. He had multiple times more views with his "exodus to ff14" streams so it's obvious that a lot of others that jumped into the bandwagon didn't have to be afraid to hate on wow (or at least they might have reasons to think that even if it's short term).

  10. #10
    All of the ones that quit were "just" content creators, not relevant streamers to WoW. And the main streamer said he is NOT quitting WoW, ever. Asmongold will just pick up the people from the small streamers and move on. Yes, currently he is not playing WoW but he said multiple times WoW is his favourite game of all time and does not plan to ever quit it.

    The smaller streams/creators are literally feeding a monopoly to Asmongold. He's the big winner in all of this.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    All of the ones that quit were "just" content creators, not relevant streamers to WoW. And the main streamer said he is NOT quitting WoW, ever. Asmongold will just pick up the people from the small streamers and move on. Yes, currently he is not playing WoW but he said multiple times WoW is his favourite game of all time and does not plan to ever quit it.

    The smaller streams/creators are literally feeding a monopoly to Asmongold. He's the big winner in all of this.
    That sounds ominous for Asmongold's intentions but I doubt it's that simple. I suspect a lot of his viewers were always quitters from wow anyway, or the other streamers don't have to never return either so whatever problems he has: they have (the fact his is popular doesn't make him different in that dynamic).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    streamers are being targeted by the new Blizzard staff members
    if they hung around it would not be long before their accounts started getting silenced or banned
    Part of me enjoys this because wow does deserve criticism (especially because of the overengineering of subsystems and grinding). But I'm mainly talking here about the hypocrisy of how extreme some of those people are, because these problems were CLEARLY around for years (at least Legion) and they all act as if they started in mid-BfA or early-SL (because I guess they know they'd sound stupid if after YEARS they now started noticing them).
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-08-09 at 08:43 AM.

  12. #12
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,228
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    and I find it fascinating that the creator himself said it's meant to be a "japanese wow".
    They based a lot of early game systems on WoW. FF has taken a very divergent course from WoW.

    But you think streamers want to lose business and money just to hop on some bandwagon? No, they don't. WoW is losing customers, losing subs, and losing viewers. It's getting easier to grow channels on FFXIV and WoW is starting to slip behind as an actual game people want to play. Yes, of course streamers are going to hop on the bandwagon. But here's the BIG disconnect between the forum posters still on COPIUM and those who know what's going on. Practically a new streamer quits every day to play FF, and MOST of them have been gushing about the game, absolutely gushing with how good it is. And tons of people agree with them. If you like WoW, power to ya. But if you care about the health of the game, subscriber numbers, etc. you might want to stop paying attention, because times are about to get very sad for you soon. Shadowlands hasn't even hit its 9.1 lull, and it's still got 9.2 lull and 9.3 lull.

    Blizzard is currently at its lowest monthly active users since 2015, and it keeps going down. Every time there's a patch lull in shadowlands, it will go down even more.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  13. #13
    These quitting videos are cringe & samey, opening in a monotone voice about how they somehow found WoW & it changed their life forever, fade to black, some complaining for 10 minutes, parroting points from other people, then a sad montage at the end.
    All of them will be back next expansion.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    They based a lot of early game systems on WoW. FF has taken a very divergent course from WoW.

    But you think streamers want to lose business and money just to hop on some bandwagon? No, they don't. WoW is losing customers, losing subs, and losing viewers. It's getting easier to grow channels on FFXIV and WoW is starting to slip behind as an actual game people want to play. Yes, of course streamers are going to hop on the bandwagon. But here's the BIG disconnect between the forum posters still on COPIUM and those who know what's going on. Practically a new streamer quits every day to play FF, and MOST of them have been gushing about the game, absolutely gushing with how good it is. And tons of people agree with them. If you like WoW, power to ya. But if you care about the health of the game, subscriber numbers, etc. you might want to stop paying attention, because times are about to get very sad for you soon. Shadowlands hasn't even hit its 9.1 lull, and it's still got 9.2 lull and 9.3 lull.

    Blizzard is currently at its lowest monthly active users since 2015, and it keeps going down. Every time there's a patch lull in shadowlands, it will go down even more.
    They are obviously hypocrites at least for some part. You can't seriously act as if wow is almost 100% bad and some literal copy-cat of it (by their creators' admission) is supposedly almost 100% great.
    Let alone the actual proof here is that you know those people aren't that stupid to seriously believe the subsystems overengineering started in mid-BfA (it is obviously around since at least Legion).

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,639
    I don't care. Let them leave. I'll show them the door.

    Streamers bring nothing but negativity and toxicity. Any positives they purportedly bring are outweighed by the negatives by an order of magnitude.

    Streaming has ruined gaming, and the fewer games streamers are involved in, the better.

  16. #16
    As if the reasoning even really matters...
    All I care about is how much damage can be done to Acti-Blizz to spank them, not for whole "recent drama" I care little to none at all, but for their handling of game.

  17. #17
    You don't have to find some hidden meaning or agenda everywhere. The content creators who are quitting WoW have a good reason to do so:

    They have been criticizing this game harshly for the last few years, nothing is changing, it keeps getting worse and eventually all the passion is gone.

    It's the same story as for many other players, but instead of quitting silently or with a forum/reddit post, they quit with a big youtube video because they have an audience.

    These content creators will not expect to make a ton of money now with another game. Especially WoW PvP players like Stoopzz. Quitting WoW is some scary shit for them. There is no other MMO they can go to that has a PvP system like WoW. There is a high chance they will jump around between different games and lose viewers week after week. But what is the alternative? Keep playing a game they don't enjoy anymore?

    I don't think it's Asmons success with FF14 that opened the floodgates but rather the overall situation, the state WoW 9.1 is in and the situation at Blizzard with the lawsuit. If anything, Asmon just showed to a lot of people that you can have a lot of fun with another MMO that doesn't give you daily and weekly homework that you have to do before you can go out and have fun...

  18. #18
    The game is so superficially enjoyable now that you can't be too surprised when almost everyone quits after the first few months. While I think the reasons for the drama are utterly pathetic (the same people were completely fine with the more serious ethical breaches in pandering to the CCP regime) and really it's nothing more than the usual gamer soyboy simping, it is also the case that WoW is at its nadir and FF is coming into its own (although I have no interest in that game either).

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah it makes complete sense to stop streaming WoW when you are a WoW streamer, that will get you a lot of extra income for sure.
    You do realize that the "popular" thing to do nowadays is to quit WoW, right? Quitting WoW as a streamer will net you extra views at the least.
    I dislike retail WoW and Blizzard, and I am happy that they're dying, but I dare say that I dislike streamers' hypocrisy even more.

  20. #20
    I'm happy this is happening , it's time they start making World of Warcraft 2 and reinvent & modernize the whole franchise. Wow has been boring since Cata.

    They will never make a new mmo when people keep playing Wow. I have seen many so called wow beaters but none of them really managed to pull it off. I think Ashes of Creation will finally be the next step for MMO's though. It's positive that wow no longer wears the crown cause now they have to come up with something fresh. I hope people keep leaving this game to the point that they are forced to make wow 2 with a new engine , story and a complete refresh (again see ashes of creation). Blizzard got ruined by activision , all the major players left the company so i'm not sure if they can pull it off but its long overdue. Now its time to step up and show the world who's the king off MMO's only not with the current wow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •