Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Would you play on a server where boosting was banned?

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    3. All group content like M+, raids, and PvP are conducted via automatic matchmaker (AMM). You cannot form groups on your own to prevent boosting.
    4. Guilds repurposed. Your guild is given a score based upon how many members complete goals in AMM. A public board in town display the top guilds.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    7. All tradeskills are available to your toon instead of a limit of 2.
    8. Mailbox is jut for mail (actual written letters). You cannot send gold nor items in the mail.
    That sounds pretty terrible honestly. I play the game for the social aspect of the game. I have addons to block boosters in trade chat and outside of that what they do, who they do it with and what they accomplish has zero impact on my game at all. Recently moved into a new guild full of good people and we are raiding HC and mythic level raids and the mythic + spam day and night is enough to keep anyone busy. Not sure why boosting bothers people. If you don't worry about it you won't worry about it and will be able to play the game and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    If you want to stop or slow down boosting, Blizz needs to stop selling gold.
    I think this is the real issue, others are red herrings.

You would also have to ban token sales and wouldn't Rules 1 and 2 be sufficient to stop most boosting?

Uh, yeah no.

I thought you meant boosting as a sold service by players was banned. If that were the case, then yes. The WoW you just described sounds like a dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I think this is the real issue, others are red herrings.

You would also have to ban token sales and wouldn't Rules 1 and 2 be sufficient to stop most boosting?
    It's yet another Pandora's Box that Blizzard opened out of greed without thinking of the impact it'd have on the game long-term.

When the tokens first became available in WoD I felt like I watched WoW die. Gold is effectively just real money in a digital form and you can't and shouldn't ever bring that into a game.

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    3. All group content like M+, raids, and PvP are conducted via automatic matchmaker (AMM). You cannot form groups on your own to prevent boosting.
    4. Guilds repurposed. Your guild is given a score based upon how many members complete goals in AMM. A public board in town display the top guilds.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    8. Mailbox is jut for mail (actual written letters). You cannot send gold nor items in the mail.
    1. Not a problem, literally nobody cares about whole game being xrealm in xiv, its rather seen as positive
    2. Same as point 1.
    3. So kill a tool that makes mmo somewhat social in order to kill boosting that is a symptom?
    4. So work score condition, terrible idea
    5. Killing economy in mmo yet another great idea,
    6. Same as 5
    7. The only good idea here.
    8. Same as 5

Hell no. Treating tuberculosis symptoms with an arsenic.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I don't think bashing my head against a wall a few dozen times until I get a group that isn't filled with braindead players would be an enjoyable way to spend my time in the game.

I'd be all for Blizzard taking a hard stance against boosting but not like this.

Figured it was only a matter of time before someone thinks of "I can fix the game by literally removing it!"

Someone really found a way to make the game even worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Boosting will never go since blizz just loves the token-money it generates.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

1. OK. But population is too low these days to enable that. Massive server mergers would need to take place.
    2. OK.
    3. NO. What if I want to team up with my buddies or guildies?
    4. NO. I don't see the point of this. Specially since I wouldn't play on AMM only
    5. NO. This would be retarded and would loose a lot of goblin subs.
    6. NO. May as well remove all gold costs form the game then if I can't make some gold even if I am lucky.
    7. OK. Most people go to AH out of laziness so not game-breaking.
    8. NO. If you can't send gold or items to a bank alt, a regular alt or a friend in need then mail system is useless. Nobody sends text messages to anybody. Ever

wow mods / GMs should have the ability ( if not already) and start clamping down and getting rid of accounts that WTS in Looking For..

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Absolutely Not
    4. Same as above
    5 to 8. So Ironman Mode? I wouldn't be opposed to this. I think it could be interesting. I feel like people wouldn't be as try hard if they had to farm everything. People would just get by with what they have, and if they get stuck on something like a boss due to an enrage they can go farm some enchants, potions, or something.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-08-10 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    You think because they obfuscate the pay to win behind the token that it's not pay to win?

I can create a new character, get it leveled to max, get raid geared, pvp geared and transmoged + mounts without ever doing a single thing myself. Just swiping the credit card over and over paying for each "service".

That is pay to win.

The WoW communities atrophied brains being unable to see that it's pay to win because "LOL JUST A TOKEN BRO" is seriously mind boggling.
    Did you know you could buy that in original vanilla also right? So wow has always been a pay to win in your opinion.

Personally I don't care if people get boosted. I just don't want constant boost spam to the point that the first thing I do on a new alt when I get to Orgrimmar is disable Trade Chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I would like to play on a server with no boosting, no transfers and no real money shop. But then again I'd probably just prefer the game to have these things.

match made M+ I would rather level OS Runescape runecrafting while listening to kpop and someone was poking my butt with a red-hot iron stake.

Does anyone actually care this much about boosting? No I wouldn't fucking play on that nightmare of a server.

Here's what I want: ban people who advertise boosting, even for gold. Full stop. I don't care about people paying to get ahead so much as I care about the endless spam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    You think because they obfuscate the pay to win behind the token that it's not pay to win?

I can create a new character, get it leveled to max, get raid geared, pvp geared and transmoged + mounts without ever doing a single thing myself. Just swiping the credit card over and over paying for each "service".

That is pay to win.

The WoW communities atrophied brains being unable to see that it's pay to win because "LOL JUST A TOKEN BRO" is seriously mind boggling.
    Is your atrophied brain able to comprehend the simple fact that such a thing was always possible in WoW? In fact, more before than currently (with no more Master Looting)?

If you want to completely abolish P2W, you have to remove all forms of P2P trade. AH can work, if heavily moderated (such as in Black Desert, a game where the developers have taken every possible route to ensure they control all the P2W, and not the players).

theres no way to ban boosting without banning all forms of content where people arrange their own groups.
    No cross realm and dogshit realm rules so there are not many players there - who is going to tell this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaizar View Post
    wow mods / GMs should have the ability ( if not already) and start clamping down and getting rid of accounts that WTS in Looking For..
    Which does nothing when they just make a new one

#make a level limit!
    which then makes it useless for lowbies trying to find groups to quest plus since everyone's doing it for RMT they pry make enough money to boost a toon or can quickly level something and start the process over

#Ban the IP
    VPN's exist

#Ban the Hardware
    A relatively large number of players play from Internet Cafes you're literally screwing them for one bag egg

#Ban the person through their card
    Prepaid cards exist, purchasing wow cards for cash exists removing them isn't feasible since it removes a method from innocent people.

#Ban the words WTS or whatever
    Good luck keeping up with people making various ways to get the point across. This is why the people making spam email are still in business. If GOOGLE has problems with it what makes you think Blizzard (A company like 1/4th its size) is going to succeed

#Make separate area for sellers
    Ask Chatroulette how well their moderated sections going.

#Remove Token
    Besides Blizz not doing that for financial reasons and the good it does stopping a lot of the actually BAD gold sellers. Boosting still exists in Classic and FF14 which don't have the token. Fuck Diablo has boosting ads and gear/gold literally rains from the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    If you want to stop or slow down boosting, Blizz needs to stop selling gold.
    blizz doesnt sell gold. they sell gametime which can be sold for gold ingame. the gold already exists on the servers. its not generated when you sell a token on the AH.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    blizz doesnt sell gold. they sell gametime which can be sold for gold ingame. the gold already exists on the servers. its not generated when you sell a token on the AH.

That is not a valid argument, the gold that gold sellers trade is not "generated" either. Blizzard is still doing the thing they always told people not to do, sell out of game services for ingame currency (or vice versa). It is just masked by token.