Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Boosting became a bigger problem when blizz started selling gold. Its a direct correlation.
    boosting got worse over time,mostly for 2 reasons:

1.player power and scaling over the lifetime of an expansion became far more extreme,in mop 1 geared player could easily do multiple times the dmg of fresh players

2.gold inflation,in wod it reached the worst case,everyone had milions with the garrison to afford buying runs,and it came at the PEAK of player power with the legendery ring 8-10 players could easily boost a full 30 man grp in hc hellfire,kinda ironic considering how pruned the classes were in wod,but that ring was just bonkers,it completly ruined hellfire as they didnt even tune the raid around it

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The token directly and legally allows you to buy gold for real money. Third-party websites are too much of a risk for the huge majority of the playerbase, if they even know those sites exist. If you really can't see the difference between dubious gold selling sites and Blizzard directly doing it themselves then I really don't know what to tell you.

Yes, the token killed WoW for me. I don't want to play a game where, thanks to carries, you can literally just buy your way to full clears of mythic and +15 every week. Putting a direct real money value on a game currency is never ever a smart idea.
    Do you not remember the days of corpses spelling out websites in Orgrimmar? You say they're too much of a risk. I'd say if they're willing to throw away dozens of accounts just to advertise then their business is going just fine.

You don't want to play a game where you can buy clears. So... basically you never want to play any online game ever game?

I also point out that you didn't even bother to address at all the point I made about the dangers of not regulating gold selling.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Do you not remember the days of corpses spelling out websites in Orgrimmar? You say they're too much of a risk. I'd say if they're willing to throw away dozens of accounts just to advertise then their business is going just fine.
    The spelling stuff were trial accounts, were they not?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

You don't want to play a game where you can buy clears. So... basically you never want to play any online game ever game?

I also point out that you didn't even bother to address at all the point I made about the dangers of not regulating gold selling.
    So you seriously think there's no difference between a seedy illegal site, regularly shut down by Blizzard themselves, and regularly associated with viruses and getting hacked as they often contained spyware specifically to take the same accounts that purchase gold from them.... with Blizzard directly doing it themselves and effectively advocating the safe use of it in their own game, to the point where it's so easy that you don't even have to leave the game client to do it. You don't think this changes anything about how people approach an in-game currency.

For your own sake, I hope you're just being disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Would you play on a server where boosting was banned?

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    3. All group content like M+, raids, and PvP are conducted via automatic matchmaker (AMM). You cannot form groups on your own to prevent boosting.
    4. Guilds repurposed. Your guild is given a score based upon how many members complete goals in AMM. A public board in town display the top guilds.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    7. All tradeskills are available to your toon instead of a limit of 2.
    8. Mailbox is jut for mail (actual written letters). You cannot send gold nor items in the mail.
    Uh, yeah, quick question. Why?

This sounds genuinely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Would you play on a server where boosting was banned?

Here are the rules:

1. No cross realm.
    2. No transfers.
    3. All group content like M+, raids, and PvP are conducted via automatic matchmaker (AMM). You cannot form groups on your own to prevent boosting.
    4. Guilds repurposed. Your guild is given a score based upon how many members complete goals in AMM. A public board in town display the top guilds.
    5. No AH.
    6. All items BOP.
    7. All tradeskills are available to your toon instead of a limit of 2.
    8. Mailbox is jut for mail (actual written letters). You cannot send gold nor items in the mail.
    half of this was in the original release of WOW. some of which was dumped even before the era "wow Classic" is based off of, pre 1.12, if you will. I dont understand how any of this has too do with your boosting ban though. the two arent related. one gives blizzard money, one gives you more shit to grind for an alt, before starting the character. like gold, or gear as you level. you still have to put in the time to farm that lvl 29 twink gear to be handed down. and that IS NOT BOOSTING. Now if we are talking Heirloom gear where you get gear that leveled with you, that always had stats better than the drops from dungeons AND gave an xp boost, while looking like the t0 sets (back in the day), yeah heirloom gear can still fuck off forever.
    Last edited by hynx; 2021-08-15 at 06:47 AM.