Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The only VA death I'm aware of is the one for Edmont de Fortemps.
    IIRC the English VAs for Yugiri and Matoya also died

So I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that it's a death driving the change.
    I wasn't saying that there was a change. I was saying that if there was a change due to a voice actor, it would be for other reasons, which don't seem to be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting thought, but not at all where I think it's going. I honestly think Sharlayan has its head so far up its own ass it truly doesn't know what's coming and thinks they know better and we come in and shake things up.
    They might be arrogant but I can't see them being stupid. These are intelligent people with a huge amount of knowledge at their disposal.

The cinematic trailer has Y'shtola telling the Forum that they're going to die too, but ATM we don't have enough information to know if that's actually true. The first Final Days would probably have killed almost everyone due to the conceptual nature of that apocalypse (merely "thinking" about a terrible monster could cause a chain reaction, so anyone at any place, even inside their bunkers, is at risk of being killed), but the combination of 1. sundering people into weaker beings, and 2. the installation of Zodiark/Hydaelyn as the heart of the star, rewriting the laws of reality seems to have made it impossible for such a conceptual apocalypse to occur. It doesn't seem like people are "thinking" up terrible monsters in Endwalker. It seems that the monsters are being spawned by the towers on the surface, so theoretically hiding out in a bunker does make sense.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-10-14 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    IIRC the English VAs for Yugiri and Matoya also died
    The original English Yugiri VA, Sian Blake, was found dead near her home in 2016, so her death would not be what's driving a change after Endwalker.

https://venturebeat.com/2016/01/07/f...ke-found-dead/

The English VA for Matoya, Sheila Steael, died in 2019, and it was noticed after her VA was replaced in the Matoya voice lines that were released after that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...e_voice_actor/

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...eafel-obituary

I wasn't saying that there was a change. I was saying that if there was a change due to a voice actor, it would be for the reasons I outlined, which don't seem to be the case.
    Or the character itself was written out of the story, which was the rumor, driven by the line from the Japanese VA for Thancred

They might be arrogant but I can't see them being stupid. These are intelligent people with a huge amount of knowledge at their disposal.
    Super intelligent people with access to tons of knowledge have a tendency to become so arrogant and condescending in their intellectual superiority that if they don't see or know about something, it must not be happening or be for real, because they're so smart and have access to all that knowledge so if it's not there it must not exist. It's a fairly common trope.

The cinematic trailer has Y'shtola telling the Forum that they're going to die too, but ATM we don't have enough information to know if that's actually true. The first Final Days would probably have killed almost everyone due to the conceptual nature of that apocalypse (merely "thinking" about a terrible monster could cause a chain reaction, so anyone at any place, even inside their bunkers, is at risk of being killed), but the combination of 1. sundering people into weaker beings, and 2. the installation of Zodiark/Hydaelyn as the heart of the star, rewriting the laws of reality seems to have made it impossible for such a conceptual apocalypse to occur. It doesn't seem like people are "thinking" up terrible monsters in Endwalker. It seems that the monsters are being spawned by the towers on the surface, so theoretically hiding out in a bunker does make sense.
    We still have no idea what was driving the destruction of the planet that caused Zodiark to be summoned in the first place. Given they couldn't fix it or stop it with their super mind powers back then, I doubt they were the cause of their own destruction.

Zodiark was the one who rewrote the laws, and would have required additional sacrifices over time. Hydaelyn was the one summoned to stop Zodiark and was not installed as the heart of the star. Zodiark is no longer around and Hydaelyn doesn't control the laws of the star.

So i NG+'ed Shadowbringers and after a revisit all in one go all that debate over "who is the dreamer?" seems a bit redundant. When its not divided by a year of update schedule it seems pretty clear this is referring to Zenos who has been dreaming of the Terminus his whole life.

My guess is the towers are somehow piggy backing the summoning on a worldwide scale to bootstrap a amourot style creation magic spell to bring his dream, the concept of the final days, to life and the only solution is to kill him. Which is exactly what he wants, a scenario where we cannot back down from his challenge.

Which if thats legit doesn't really explain the origins of the terminus does it?

-and also they put a wierd emphasis on Hydaelyn not being around since the Dragonsong war and i'm wondering if Venat seperated herself like Elidibus did but why? like why then before stormblood specifically? Just the beginnings of Black Rose leading to breadcrumb of events ending where we are now? i feel like we already have the pieces to an answer for this one but only in Endwalker will we get the dots connected and go "oh no duh THAT is what that meant in retrospect!".

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It would be really weird for him and Fandaniel to both be referring to "The Dreamer" in third person in that later cutscene, though. Especially with regards to needing them to "dream more deeply" so they can gather more aether, with Zenos saying "the Dreamer will not complain".

They don't talk that way in any other context, either. And why would Zenos having dreams produce aether for them to use?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it would be one of those annoying "it's a surprise, but only because we had characters act in a non-sensical manner while discussing it." situations.
    We are talking about a suicidal nihilist who dances around throwing coins in the air like wario and zenos. I wouldn't put it past either of them. Its like a japanese tv double act performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    We are talking about a suicidal nihilist who dances around throwing coins in the air
    I'm skeptical about Fandaniel actually being suicidal. At the end of 5.3, he is clearly putting on an act. He pauses multiple times to check if he got a reaction out of Zenos. I think he is trying to pull the wool over Zenos, making Zenos feel like he is in command and knows everything. Fortunately for Fandaniel, Zenos appear to be too preoccupied with his fantasies of a glorious final battle to notice (or care). It's also possible that Fandaniel's invasion of Cartenneau in 5.55 might have been primarily meant to scope out the WoL's capabilities. I think Fandaniel might be trying to manipulate Zenos and the WoL into killing something for him, maybe trying to have them dispose of Zodiark so he can swoop in and take power (either the remnants of Zodiark's power, or the heart of the star, or something else). I wouldn't want to play poker against this guy. He's got nerves of steel teasing Zenos and the WoL.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-10-25 at 12:54 AM.

ETA: 5.0 through 5.3 HUGE spoilers.

Another piece of the Hythlodeus puzzle and more ammo to my headcannon.
    When Y'shtola asks us what was going on after the cut scene with hythlodaeus, we tell her words to the affect of 'dont worry about it'.
    Im watching savix's vod right now and there's this curious line. And i dont think its a throwaway. Its at 2.37.54 in this vod if you wanna confirm:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1187670765

Alphi asks "You said an ancient came to your aid. But how is that possible?"
    Keep in mind, they werent involved in the fight. At the end it was me and the exarch. They turn up en masse much later. So they never saw the fight. All that's been mentioned thus far is an ancient, not which ancient.

And then Yshtola says: "A gift from Emet Selch... Foreseeing his own death, he made provisions to bring Elidibus's suffering to an end, lest his friend be left to struggle alone".

She then very suspiciously continues: "Or so i wildly speculate. It is unlikely we will ever know the truth".

Now i mentioned that it was wildly convenient that she just so happened to turn up from 'fetching her bags' (which the game made a point of telling you) precisely as Hythlodaeus had finished his story to you. She then asked us what was going on, which we just happened to decide not to mention. Then she just happens to know that a gift was given by a dead character to sabotage his friend and put him out of his misery. Obviously the gift could be his death, but it also just so happens we have a stone given to us on the fly that none of the convocation BAR Emet knows about and which just so happened to completely transform the outcome of said battle. But why would she assume there was even a provision? Why would she even say that? Did she assume there were provisions put in place for every primal and ascian we already killed? No. Just this one. All others are down to us being the warrior of light and imbued with Hydaelyn's blessing. But not this one for some reason. This one its Emet Selch working from beyond the grave to GIFT his friend defeat (which just so happened to be exactly what happened).

Again, not saying this is the smoking gun or anything. But im just adding it into the pile of evidence marked 'very suspiciously convenient'.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-27 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    ETA: 5.0 through 5.3 HUGE spoilers.

Another piece of the Hythlodeus puzzle and more ammo to my headcannon.
    When Y'shtola asks us what was going on after the cut scene with hythlodaeus, we tell her words to the affect of 'dont worry about it'.
    Im watching savix's vod right now and there's this curious line. And i dont think its a throwaway. Its at 2.37.54 in this vod if you wanna confirm:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1187670765

Alphi asks "You said an ancient came to your aid. But how is that possible?"
    Keep in mind, they werent involved in the fight. At the end it was me and the exarch. They turn up en masse much later. So they never saw the fight. All that's been mentioned thus far is an ancient, not which ancient.

And then Yshtola says: "A gift from Emet Selch... Foreseeing his own death, he made provisions to bring Elidibus's suffering to an end, lest his friend be left to struggle alone".

She then very suspiciously continues: "Or so i wildly speculate. It is unlikely we will ever know the truth".

Now i mentioned that it was wildly convenient that she just so happened to turn up from 'fetching her bags' (which the game made a point of telling you) precisely as Hythlodaeus had finished his story to you. She then asked us what was going on, which we just happened to decide not to mention. Then she just happens to know that a gift was given by a dead character to sabotage his friend and put him out of his misery. Obviously the gift could be his death, but it also just so happens we have a stone given to us on the fly that none of the convocation BAR Emet knows about and which just so happened to completely transform the outcome of said battle. But why would she assume there was even a provision? Why would she even say that? Did she assume there were provisions put in place for every primal and ascian we already killed? No. Just this one. All others are down to us being the warrior of light and imbued with Hydaelyn's blessing. But not this one for some reason. This one its Emet Selch working from beyond the grave to GIFT his friend defeat (which just so happened to be exactly what happened).

Again, not saying this is the smoking gun or anything. But im just adding it into the pile of evidence marked 'very suspiciously convenient'.
    First, what is your head cannon that these lines somehow support/ add ammunition to? Is it that Y'shtola is Hythlodaeus?

Second, there are a lot of throwaway lines throughout the game where characters seemingly have all the answers or know things they shouldn't, and then joke about it or whatnot. It's not intended to be taken seriously, and they add those "or so I wildly speculate..." kinds of lines to circumvent people taking it as concrete canon lore (because how the heck would they honestly know that answer? There's no way they would)....while at the same time telling us exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The real question is: Is Elidibus even actually dead?
    Depends on whether or not Zodiark can actually regurgitated intact souls, since the creation of a primal basic dissolves the aether of everyone who was sacrificed to it and blends it together. We have no proof that Zodiark can actually do what the Convocation was hoping he'd do. The Shadowbringers short stories made it clear that primal summoning is just another form of creation magic, so it seems possible that the "Elidibus" Zodiark created to go check out the disturbance among the Convocation isn't actually the original Elidibus, but instead a familiar.

As for what the Crystal Tower did to that Elidibus, it's clear that his aether was absorbed by the Tower but it's unclear if his spirit/soul is still intact, or if it was dissolved by the WoL's and Exarch's aether attack fueled by the sheer power circulating within the Crystal Tower, much like how Emet was killed by getting impaled by a humongous amount of aetherial energy. More than likely the writers kept it ambiguous because they might want to bring the character back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So, I was watching a streamer who is big into the lore; and one of his viewers said:

I'm currently in StB, and I'm curious as to what this is and how you access it. Is it a quest that only unlocks once you meet that criteria? Is the viewer talking out of their butt?
    There's a "hidden" quest once you finish all the cardinal virtue quests.

Edit: So for some reason, the person I quoted deleted their post, but ill leave this up in case anyone else didn't know this as this is a spoiler thread.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2021-11-03 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    There's a "hidden" quest once you finish all the cardinal virtue quests.

Edit: So for some reason, the person I quoted deleted their post, but ill leave this up in case anyone else didn't know this as this is a spoiler thread.
    Yeah, sorry I deleted it and posted it in the general Megathread as it seemed more active. Thankyou for the reply

So, after I finish the Cardinal Virtue quests and meet the criteria, I will be able to access it?
    Last edited by Auxis; 2021-11-03 at 01:35 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Yeah, sorry I deleted it and posted it in the general Megathread as it seemed more active. Thankyou for the reply

So, after I finish the Cardinal Virtue quests and meet the criteria, I will be able to access it?
    If it's the quest you get from Cyella, then yes. Completing all 4 of the Cardinal Virtue quest lines for each of the 4 roles unlocks access to that quest chain.

There's a reddit thread about it with full spoilers included.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...uests_reveals/

If you're into the lore, you shouldn't miss it.

Not a problem. Once you finish all 4, the last one will pop up, it's a fantastic lore addition for what its worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's the quest you get from Cyella, then yes. Completing all 4 of the Cardinal Virtue quest lines for each of the 4 roles unlocks access to that quest chain.

There's a reddit thread about it with full spoilers included.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...uests_reveals/

If you're into the lore, you shouldn't miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Not a problem. Once you finish all 4, the last one will pop up, it's a fantastic lore addition for what its worth.
    Sweet, thanks folks

The Ascian soul masks have me especially excited and I am SUPER interested in seeing how they fit into the story. I really look forward to them expanding the story regarding Azem.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm in Il Mheg and Urianger has just given me the run down of the elemental wheel and the polarities. But I don't think it's been explained to me as to what the central tree and the little star symbol below it mean.

Is it something I've yet to learn, or is it just representing the Star/Source/First?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Depends on whether or not Zodiark can actually regurgitated intact souls, since the creation of a primal basic dissolves the aether of everyone who was sacrificed to it and blends it together. We have no proof that Zodiark can actually do what the Convocation was hoping he'd do. The Shadowbringers short stories made it clear that primal summoning is just another form of creation magic, so it seems possible that the "Elidibus" Zodiark created to go check out the disturbance among the Convocation isn't actually the original Elidibus, but instead a familiar.

As for what the Crystal Tower did to that Elidibus, it's clear that his aether was absorbed by the Tower but it's unclear if his spirit/soul is still intact, or if it was dissolved by the WoL's and Exarch's aether attack fueled by the sheer power circulating within the Crystal Tower, much like how Emet was killed by getting impaled by a humongous amount of aetherial energy. More than likely the writers kept it ambiguous because they might want to bring the character back again.
    I don't even think they're exactly going to be "Bringing dead characters back" so much as we're likely visiting "the place where souls and stars go to rest" as said in the trailer. Pandaemonium's first wing is named Asphodelos. Asphodelos is the name of a flower from Greek that was planted in graveyards, and was said to carpet the land of the dead and fed souls.

I think we're very likely going to be encountering several "Dead" characters in relation to both the MSQ and Pandaemonium.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Rewatching the trailer after playing through FF12 again i'm wondering if Fandaniel is a total red herring. Like just how Lahabrea was an asshole unrelated to his connection and tempering to Zodiark i wouldn't be that shocked if he has been connected to Hydaelyn instead and its a reverse of the warriors of darkness deal. Like 'what if one of the people picked to be the hero is genuinely crazy and unhinged' and he's the "what the MC is one very bad day away from" trope japanese storytellers love.

I could be wrong but i get the feeling he's either long removed from the stage before the final boss of 6.0 or he doesn't die at all.

Arriving in Garlemald
    Spoiler: 
    Sadu and Magnai failing to take out a Legatus... smh

Come on guys, you could've done it.

Finished msq, gotta say it started kinda meh. But after the moon it picked up. The final zone managing to close the dragon lore and omega lore in the zone was pretty sweet to see. The final 4 men was insane looking, id say its my fav 4 men visually now. The contrast between the 3 dead worlds was just so fucking cool. The final trial wasent their best, but it was very visual, the planet attacks were dope not gona lie.

Overall id say its about the same as shadowbringer, early levels kinda drag, i get they try to build mystery and get some plot points out of the way, but honestly they might have wanted to rush these out faster. But basically the actual plot only start once on the moon lol. However the two final zones are pretty incredible. I liked the final zone more then anything in shadowbringer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Finished msq, gotta say it started kinda meh. But after the moon it picked up. The final zone managing to close the dragon lore and omega lore in the zone was pretty sweet to see. The final 4 men was insane looking, id say its my fav 4 men visually now. The contrast between the 3 dead worlds was just so fucking cool. The final trial wasent their best, but it was very visual, the planet attacks were dope not gona lie.

Overall id say its about the same as shadowbringer, early levels kinda drag, i get they try to build mystery and get some plot points out of the way, but honestly they might have wanted to rush these out faster. But basically the actual plot only start once on the moon lol. However the two final zones are pretty incredible. I liked the final zone more then anything in shadowbringer.
    Generally, agree, but though it was depressing as fuck i liked the third zone from a theoretical point of view:

It's the other side of the war. People loose friends, people are stubborn - and while it is a drag, i cannot help it to feel realistic. Emotionally it pressed the same buttons as Teldrassil (which was the main reason for me to quit wow - as horde) but in a much more sensible and believable way instead of "hurr durr genocide"

Best trusts in lvl 77 ini ^^