Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    so im gonna assume with my next conversation with Hythlodaeus that the conversation we're having right now is gendered for a reason. She... did this. I constructed this for HER...

I am absolutely convinced if i fantasiad prior to this, it'd be he/him. So confirmation of a sort on who i am. I missed some of this because im playing with gshade (which i just installed) - i love the borderlands aesthetic, but the text is a mess through it.
    Yeah, the same thing happens in the convo with Hythlodaeus at the end of 5.0 on that bench, he'll refer to the original/complete you as him/her depending on your character's gender.

So then i got annoyed. Deus is obvious.

Then i learned about the relationship to Utopia. (which i read about 20 years ago - thomas more you traitor/intransigent! (actual philosophy grad)). I didnt remember this. Its hardly boethius is it? Point is

Raphael's last name, Hythlodaeus means "dispenser of nonsense" surely implying that the whole of the Utopian text is 'nonsense'. Additionally the Latin rendering of More's name, Morus, is similar to the word for a fool in Greek (μωρός)
    'Nonsense' is completely in keeping with a program that transcends its limitations.

Krile aint no fool. Minfilia aint no fool. Both are deadly serious. Y'sale is a bit of a dreamer, but i just dont see that kind of scheming. But the exarch... whom i have no evidence thusfar to tie to the echo except one fleeting comment by emet selch once we climbed the ladder...
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-09-25 at 12:41 PM.

Krile aint no fool. Minfilia aint no fool. Both are deadly serious. Y'sale is a bit of a dreamer, but i just dont see that kind of scheming. But the exarch... whom i have no evidence thusfar to tie to the echo except one fleeting comment by emet selch once we climbed the ladder...
    Crystal Exarch/G'raha Tia does not have the Echo. He's just a person with a lot of knowledge thanks to the Crystal Tower and any special soul potency is due to the Allag Royal Blood that courses through his veins.

Other noteable characters blessed with the Echo would be... Arenvald, For'dola, and of course Zenos. But in the case of For'dola and Zenos, their Echos were artificially "copied" from Krile due to Magitek shenanigans.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2021-09-25 at 04:22 PM.

There is also the Au Ra girl from the optional IVth Legion storyline whose Echo allows her to see visions of the future, but she has zero involvement in the MSQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just finished the Alexander quest chain. Just a question.

Do we learn who first summoned Alexander? Or is it implied that the first "summoning" is Mide and Dayan arriving in the past from the future, and that Alexander is just in one giant loop?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

Do we learn who first summoned Alexander? Or is it implied that the first "summoning" is Mide and Dayan arriving in the past from the future, and that Alexander is just in one giant loop?
    It's all one big giant loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

It's a giant closed loop of Alexander's own design when it realized it's very existence made the purpose of its existence impossible and the best solution was initiating a series of events leading to not only its demise but a closed time loop to lock away access to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    It's a giant closed loop of Alexander's own design when it realized it's very existence made the purpose of its existence impossible and the best solution was initiating a series of events leading to not only its demise but a closed time loop to lock away access to it
    And Schrodinger/Shanoa was Alexander's way of initiating these events, correct?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Right in the middle of the 5.3 trial... how the hell am i supposed to finish it now with happy tears blurring my vision. Its already a flashbang clusterfuck of everything happening everywhere all at once. And im supposed to just heal everyone through this when i cant even think about anything else except that 1 minute perfect phase transition cut scene. God its amazing. I didnt remotely expect it. Of course i have so many questions (i missed something very important as per usual im assuming), but i'll hold off this one time and just wait and see.

Okay... ONE question. Thats the big emotional moment done with, right. Thats what all those "5.3: devestated; cant stop crying!" Clickbait youtube thumbnails are referring to?

I ask because (obviously 5.3 spoiler): its the happiest moment in shb and perhaps in game! Catboi is literally set up like midgarsomer to help us through endwalker... unless i clumsily drop his soul crystal. I dont though, right? No one accidentally bumps into me between now and 5.55? I mean, itd be hilarious... but its not happening, is it?

...ahem...
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-02 at 03:05 AM.

Right in the middle of the 5.3 trial... how the hell am i supposed to finish it now with happy tears blurring my vision. Its already a flashbang clusterfuck of everything happening everywhere all at once. And im supposed to just heal everyone through this when i cant even think about anything else except that 1 minute perfect phase transition cut scene. God its amazing. I didnt remotely expect it. Of course i have so many questions (i missed something very important as per usual im assuming), but i'll hold off this one time and just wait and see.

Okay... ONE question. Thats the big emotional moment done with, right. Thats what all those "5.3: devestated; cant stop crying!" Clickbait youtube thumbnails are referring to?

I ask because (obviously 5.3 spoiler): its the happiest moment in shb and perhaps in game! Catboi is literally set up like midgarsomer to help us through endwalker... unless i clumsily drop his soul crystal. I dont though, right? No one accidentally bumps into me between now and 5.55? I mean, itd be hilarious... but its not happening, is it?

Also, and much less important: Bring your water to the slaughter.

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THIS IS A TRANSLATION. Its an english pun based on an english song from like 20 years ago (that wouldnt have broken through asia). Its purely european. Whats the japanese equivalent? Id love to know. Because there isnt one, right? Maybe there is. im assuming japan has some enka track about water.

Hey gir!/alexis. I justi saw her. I just met cirina, girl! (In 5.3 and the literal timeline she inhabits... but i saw her or her shade). Either way, i met her. (Dont answer this, its not important. Let it go, just let it go.).
    To answer your question in the middle there, no. He's fine.

As to the rest, I honestly can't understand, wrap my head around or translate the rest of your post. We're not right there with you as you're experiencing this, so (at least for me) a little more context is required in order to know what you're talking about. You're doing the equivalent of freaking out and standing up in your chair while pointing excitedly at the screen (that no one on this forum can see along with you, because we aren't there) and then assuming we are completely on board with what you're saying. Like I said, maybe it's just me, though. Not trying to be snarky or mean, just pointing out how it looks and feels to me. It's difficult for me to have an honest reaction or dialogue with posts like this because I have very little idea what's going on.

Everyone's been getting a fakeout death (some not :<). In EW, we should get one.

We stop something in a seemingly heroic sacrifice where the alternative is mass death or the scions getting wiped out. Pull out all the stops, smile wistful back, some slow motion, lighting up like crazy, big explosion and leave behind a single trinket where we stood when the dust settles (perhaps the icon of azem).

we end up somewhere else but the Scion's think we died.

show them how it feels for once!

Careful with the spoilers haha I almost got in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Albertacanady View Post
    Careful with the spoilers haha I almost got in trouble
    Not being snarky or an asshole, just direct.

The entire thread is called the spoiler thread so spoiler tags are not required.... if you don't want spoilers don't click the thread.

I'm skeptical EW is going to wrap things up in a satisfactory manner since it seems like they're packing too much into 6.0. I'd have a lot more faith if 6.0 was solely dedicated to the Ascians, Zodiark, and Hydaelyn while the 6.x patches were focused on wrapping up the other storylines and ushering in a new one. Everything I've read, however, indicates they want everything wrapped up in 6.0. My gut reaction is it's too ambitious and storylines are going to suffer for them trying to do too much in one patch. I hope I'm wrong.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm skeptical EW is going to wrap things up in a satisfactory manner since it seems like they're packing too much into 6.0. I'd have a lot more faith if 6.0 was solely dedicated to the Ascians, Zodiark, and Hydaelyn while the 6.x patches were focused on wrapping up the other storylines and ushering in a new one. Everything I've read, however, indicates they want everything wrapped up in 6.0. My gut reaction is it's too ambitious and storylines are going to suffer for them trying to do too much in one patch. I hope I'm wrong.
    IDK, kind of like that they are, we've had Ascians, Zodiark, Hydaelyn, Garleans for years, its time to end all that start something new, they're played out.

Watching other's reactions to 5.0 and 5.3 gets me everytime. "Remember us" and "The rains have ceased" always bring a tear to the eye.
    Word of advice, if you don't want to get spoilered, finish the msq as soon as possible and don't even browse twitter. Got spoilered the Exarch's identity thanks to a fan art.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Watching other's reactions to 5.0 and 5.3 gets me everytime. "Remember us" and "The rains have ceased" always bring a tear to the eye.
    Word of advice, if you don't want to get spoilered, finish the msq as soon as possible and don't even browse twitter. Got spoilered the Exarch's identity thanks to a fan art.
    I always gleefully wait for the 5.3 Seto scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Theres a lot of these you really have to wait for people to catch up on, like how the character creation is not the WoL remembering the fall of Dalamund but Amourot and the song Answers is most likely the Ascians lamenting the fall of their world.

Hell even why the raid party is 8 members but the lore for raids only mentions one warrior of light.

Random dumb shit from me again. Apologies in advance.

I watched the vod from Rich's stream and noticed something peculiar.
    Y'stola's laugh... its pretty iconic. I dont think ive seen anyone else do the same thing in game. Hand up, fingers arched, head down, small giggle. Am i right in thinking that its uniquely hers, because well, the next thing im going to state depends on it? (im really wracking my brain to try and remember if i've ever seen anyone else with that same laugh in game because im assuming i must have and its just how they animate the chuckle for female characters). But i cant honestly think of another person with the same laugh. Anyways, to the point.

So we know from the 5.3 mid fight cutscene that Emet carries the same gestures in his ancient form as he does in his ascian form.
    And then i noticed Hythlodaeus chuckling away to themselves in the second meeting. And that gesture is exactly the same as Y'stola's laugh.

I dunno. Its strange, but then theres the the bit where hythlodaeus remarks on the aetheric trace following us around (ardbert in the first meeting). And our favorite cat lady just so happens to see in aethyr. Okay, its silly. Actually, inspired i just checked if anyone else had noticed. And got this twitter thread. There's some interesting coincidences in it.

https://twitter.com/alahrav/status/1...722240?lang=en
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-11 at 10:13 AM.

I saw the Y'shtola is Hythlodaeus theory for the first time yesterday on r/ffxiv. Not sure how I feel about it. I know we don't get that much exposure to Hythlodaeus, but what little we do I struggle to see any similarities between the two in terms of personality. Plus, as far as I know, her aether "ability" (or rather blindness that's rendered her unable to see anything but aether) is a result of her using Flow, not an innate talent. I feel like it's a stretch based on an emote that's the same animation as my Au Ra has. It's not unique like Emet's hand wave.

I am curious about G'raha though. He's quoted both Emet (word for word) and Elidibus, though only the latter was noticed by the WoL.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson