Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyiandris View Post
    Reminder that several of the cooler Rune Words are ladder only. You can't make things like BotD, Enigma, Insight or CoH if you're not playing ladder.

This makes it a no buy for me until ladder is implemented.
    Im torn, i need to play this but my main requires a engima to function.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Any Blizzard remake/remaster is already a no buy from me after what they did to Warcraft 3.
    This is my thoughts on the matter.

Actually, ANY Blizz game is a no buy from me until such time as they sort their shit out and make amends.
    Here is something to believe in!

They've also cut LAN, claiming security issues.

Piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im torn, i need to play this but my main requires a engima to function.
    Good news!
    Enigma, as well as many amazing runewords are 1.10, not ladder only.
    http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...ords-110.shtml

That does beg the question though, how will High Runes be valued assuming blizzard can be arsed to remove bots and duping methods? I seem to recall only ever finding 3 HRs in over 5 years of non-ladder play, playing every weekday after school.
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2021-08-11 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    It literally is though. They're just overlaying the new graphics on top of the old engine. There's even a button you can press to instantly remove the new graphics and you're just playing old d2.
    I didn't know they had a shared stash in regular d2. Or a modified character sheet. By definition "literally" not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    Adam Fletcher: “We will have some more information on seasons/ladder. I would expect it wouldn’t be right at launch for the start of one and more so around a different time that we specify after launch.”

I don't know about you guys, but this makes the game a no buy for me. Really cannot understand what Blizzard is thinking here. This is one of the core features of D2 and it's going to launch without it? Why can't they do one feature full launch, this is a 20 years old game...
    Give everyone the chance to enjoy it at their own pace before FOMO kicks in and people feel compelled to grind the climb. Society and gaming are very different than they were 20 years ago. If you can’t understand this, you’re not trying hard enough.

You’re a freaking fool if you think they were going to launch the ladder seasons day 1, it’s stupid to launch a competitive ladder system the same day as a world wide launch of a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Any Blizzard remake/remaster is already a no buy from me after what they did to Warcraft 3.
    It’s not a blizzard game though technically…. The team that did it worked on it for 4 years and just recently been merged with blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Good news!
    Enigma, as well as many amazing runewords are 1.10, not ladder only.
    http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...ords-110.shtml

That does beg the question though, how will High Runes be valued assuming blizzard can be arsed to remove bots and duping methods? I seem to recall only ever finding 3 HRs in over 5 years of non-ladder play, playing every weekday after school.
    It also depends how many people use d2 jsp out of the gate.

I'm having flashbacks to wc3 reforged

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    I didn't know they had a shared stash in regular d2. Or a modified character sheet. By definition "literally" not the same.
    Oh fuck man I didn't realize they would have a shared stash how are they even calling this diablo 2 its practically a completely different game

Smh I'm surprised you didn't bring up modern battle net integration

Flashbacking to wc3 reforged. No way i would buy it. Nahh... Greedy company

15+ Year Old Account
    It's being made by Vicarious Visions. They've been rolled into Blizzard, but this is still a new team from an external studio with a good track record (Crash Trilogy / THPS 1+2).

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Oh fuck man I didn't realize they would have a shared stash how are they even calling this diablo 2 its practically a completely different game

Smh I'm surprised you didn't bring up modern battle net integration
    The game is irrelevant, you used the word literally. When it fact it isn't. Its like saying that guy is literally 10 feet tall. No, he literally is not 7 feet tall, he's 6 foot 10...

- - - Updated - - -

This really isn't a big deal.. there are like 2 weeks between every d3 reset too. Just play a regular character for a few weeks to get used to the new ui and stuff. I'm sure there will be a few glitches that they want to work out and of course possible server stability issues. Dont forget about the fact that it has cross play and controller support that might have kinks to work out also.

I honestly don't care about the multiplayer aspects of D2 anymore. I really just want to shuffle along in my softcore game collecting and building my characters at this point in time.

Years ago, yea, I enjoyed the multiplayer. But I got over that like a decade and a half ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I honestly don't care about the multiplayer aspects of D2 anymore. I really just want to shuffle along in my softcore game collecting and building my characters at this point in time.

Years ago, yea, I enjoyed the multiplayer. But I got over that like a decade and a half ago.
    I basically never played ladders. On one side i had only a bad 56k and lag was impressively bad, on the other the gameplay hook is just so fine playing single player all the time felt just good.

I don't know if i'll buy the game or not, but i really hope people find a way to mod it
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

well - - - l

" We wanted to take this opportunity to share that Ladder Only Rune Words, Unique Items, and Horadric Cube Recipes that were once restricted to Ladder rank play will now for the first time be included in non-ladder multiplayer and single player play. " - Hooley

so thats awesome but, it does take the incentive away from seasonal play
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    well - - - l

" We wanted to take this opportunity to share that Ladder Only Rune Words, Unique Items, and Horadric Cube Recipes that were once restricted to Ladder rank play will now for the first time be included in non-ladder multiplayer and single player play. " - Hooley

so thats awesome but, it does take the incentive away from seasonal play
    I probably won't play ladder unless there's some sort of incentive.

You mean like in Warcraft 3 Reforged? Remind me how that went down.
    Like the Titanic
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

3+ Year Old Account
    Adam Fletcher: “We will have some more information on seasons/ladder. I would expect it wouldn’t be right at launch for the start of one and more so around a different time that we specify after launch.”

I don't know about you guys, but this makes the game a no buy for me. Really cannot understand what Blizzard is thinking here. This is one of the core features of D2 and it's going to launch without it? Why can't they do one feature full launch, this is a 20 years old game...
    You and anyone else who won't buy this game simply because the ladder will arrive late (NOT NEVER, JUST LATE) Are friggin morons.

The whiny cabbage patch baby players are so easy to spot. Complain and whine and cry and threaten boycott over the stupidest shit. Seriously, IT US COMING, JUST LATER AFTER LAUNCH. I PROMISE YOU WILL LIVE! Now if you won't buy the game because of blizzards recent track record (wow, hots, wc3r) then that's more reasonable and deserves discussion. But to boycott the game because of a ladder coming late? GTFO!

This did not need its own thread. Grow up and get a life OP. You are hopeless. In fact, better yet. Don't buy the game, do the rest of the world a favor and leave the game to the adults where it belongs. Too much game for someone like you. Ill bet you wouldn't even use the ladder WHEN IT DOES RELEASE , lol.

Sorry everyone else, I am just so sick of these bitch fests from grown people over video games. Almost like someone stole their paycheck or something.

Pathetic.
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2021-08-20 at 12:45 AM.