Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

I think it will be good if WoW now bans for abusive behavior

We have a situation right now that it’s considered “normal” if you have slightly more progress on a heroic SoD to start personally attacking people because they did the “capital crime” to not know the strategy of your special guild. It is long overdue this game started banning those people for at least 7 days out of the game so they start realizing the game is much better if instead of personally attacking people and acting like animals: they start picking their groups better so they learn how to not queue into a boss with “underprogressed” people for their liking: and after they picked their groups better then to help that group instead of acting like their enemy.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-08-14 at 07:19 PM.

To cause more hate and segregation.

Do you really believe that someone will get "Banned" will magically change? It never worked, it never will.

The only thing that will cause is people just having stricter rules and you will simply have people not getting invited into anything and its just gonna be alts of the people that already did it, the same way it is the first few weeks of any raid release.

People need to understand this but apparently its such a hard concept, stop pugging, get a guild, start being responsible towards other players and their time and show up.

You dont want to do that? Understandable, then suffer the pugging world as it is, with all its massive negatives.

Its literally the casuals, the 99% or the 95%, call that population whatever you want that whines about these problems, but you guys literally refuse to find a guild with similar mindset to get rid of all these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    We have a situation right now that it’s considered “normal” if you have slightly more progress on a heroic SoD to start personally attacking people because they did the “capital crime” to not know the strategy of your special guild. It is long overdue this game started banning those people for at least 7 days out of the game so they start realizing the game is much better if instead of personally attacking people and acting like animals: they start picking their groups better so they learn how to not queue into a boss with “underprogressed” people for their liking: and after they picked their groups better then to help that group instead of acting like their enemy.

You sound like you play a hunter.

I have no idea what this wall of text is saying.

Can you clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Do you really believe that someone will get "Banned" will magically change? It never worked, it never will.
    That's a completely unsubstantiated claim. You effectively proclaim that the justice system is useless.
    So murderers should be out in your opinion.

Not enough people react positively to your last thread OP?

Raid culture won't change if you ban based off of what is said in the ingame chat. You will simply end up in a FFXIV situation where there is faux niceness in the ingame chat, but the "toxicity" still persists and simply has been moved to out of game platforms such as discord. In order to PUG you will have to join some guy's discord and that's where the chewing out will take place. In fact, given by the current state FFXIV's community is in, I'd say that banning people based off of what they say is that last thing you want to start doing, lest you start cultivating an extremely oppressive, insular echochamber. WoW's community isn't perfect but right now it's better off as is than the alternative.

That's a completely unsubstantiated claim. You effectively proclaim that the justice system is useless.
    So murderers should be out in your opinion.
    Real life has nothing to do with pixels, what the hell is this logic.

And yes, the justice system is actually useless, in what utopian country do you live that it works? Maybe Norway because the country is rich enough and crime is low, everywhere else its literally useless.

I cant type my opinion on the matter cause i will probably end up banned knowing the site but dont bring dumb arguments into a discussion about pixels.

I will translate it:

"I joined a pug raid without single knowledge of any boss strategy. I screwed up several times and they kicked me form the raid. So now I will go cry on a forum how mean people are. How dare they not pull me through the whole raid instace without me making the slightest effort?!?"

I just don't think this game is for you OP.

Earlier you complained about people leaving your M+ groups and now it's people kicking you from Heroic Raids.

Time to do some soul-searching maybe? I can't remember the last time ANYONE kicked me from a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Raid culture won't change if you ban based off of what is said in the ingame chat. You will simply end up in a FFXIV situation where there is faux niceness in the ingame chat, but the "toxicity" still persists and simply has been moved to out of game platforms such as discord. In order to PUG you will have to join some guy's discord and that's where the chewing out will take place. In fact, given by the current state FFXIV's community is in, I'd say that banning people based off of what they say is that last thing you want to start doing, lest you start cultivating an extremely oppressive, insular echochamber. WoW's community isn't perfect but right now it's better off as is than the alternative.
    If find your argument self-contradicting. If the horribleness had moved out to discord: GOOD: I don't play discord.
    Also everyone that says "banning is useless" are like saying murderers should be out because "nothing happens".

- - - Updated - - -

Real life has nothing to do with pixels, what the hell is this logic.

And yes, the justice system is actually useless, in what utopian country do you live that it works? Maybe Norway because the country is rich enough and crime is low, everywhere else its literally useless.

I cant type my opinion on the matter cause i will probably end up banned knowing the site but dont bring dumb arguments into a discussion about pixels.
    I don't know where to begin. First of all obviously a multiplayer game is a microcosm of life because you deal with people and not code. Also of course justice systems do a job that changes the world because a) you don't have murderers running around b) you don't have people terrified that murderers are running around and c) you have less people that act like murderers if they didn't do it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antontein View Post
    I will translate it:

"I joined a pug raid without single knowledge of any boss strategy. I screwed up several times and they kicked me form the raid. So now I will go cry on a forum how mean people are. How dare they not pull me through the whole raid instace without me making the slightest effort?!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    I just don't think this game is for you OP.

Earlier you complained about people leaving your M+ groups and now it's people kicking you from Heroic Raids.

Time to do some soul-searching maybe? I can't remember the last time ANYONE kicked me from a raid.
    Nothing could be further from the truth. I raid lead those people.
    I guess your problem here is that you enjoy abusing others.

Acting like heroic is actually highend is what I find the most ammusing about this thread.

If find your argument self-contradicting. If the horribleness had moved out to discord: GOOD: I don't play discord.
    Also everyone that says "banning is useless" are like saying murderers should be out because "nothing happens".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know where to begin. First of all obviously a multiplayer game is a microcosm of life because you deal with people and not code. Also of course justice systems do a job that changes the world because a) you don't have murderers running around b) you don't have people terrified that murderers are running around and c) you have less people that act like murderers if they didn't do it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing could be further from the truth. I raid lead those people.
    I guess your problem here is that you enjoy abusing others.
    You're equating being rude in a video game with murder. I've heard some dumb in my time on this earth, but this may take the cake.

And you really don't help your argument that rude and abusive people should be punished by turning around and being rude and abusive to people who disagree with you.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    You're equating being rude in a video game with murder. I've heard some dumb in my time on this earth, but this may take the cake.

And you really don't help your argument that rude and abusive people should be punished by turning around and being rude and abusive to people who disagree with you.
    Bans work, just look at FF14. Now shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Acting like heroic is actually highend is what I find the most ammusing about this thread.
    I agree. There are some people that have some kind of mythic strategy in their head and if they see anyone deviating from it they start personally attacking everyone and rage quitting.
    E.g. I had someone in Kel'thuzad heroic calling everyone an idiot because they didn't stack 4 spikes on the same spot as if that's gonna make it better in most pugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

Nobody is equating murder with being abusive in raiding. I'm saying that justice systems work.
    You don't allow theft just because beheading is worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your examples are about separating criminals, you don't say a word about people getting better after serving time (which doesn't work), something you mentioned in your first post.

And no, games are not "microcosm of life", because anonymous people in front of a keyboard behave differently than IRL.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So let me get this straight real quick here... YOU are the raid leader of said toxic people, and you think blizzard should handle your job? Also, I don't think you understand what they were talking about when they were talking about ffxiv.... They FORCE you to join their discord in order to pug, which means its literally the same as being FORCED to endure in game chat. But please, can we go back to how you're the raid leader of said offender and you haven't done anything about it, and want blizzard to do it for you?

Or maybe you should just stop being such a snowflake OP.

they need to crack down on the community.... Other mmo's appear to be a lot more strict on abusive behavior and I love to see that come to WoW. But they will need to hire a lot more CM's to review complaints.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Dude. I have been in a few FF14 discords. Everyone was 1000% more toxic and abusive than every single pug/5man/group cotent/heroic or mythic raid combined in my 17 years of playing wow. I find it funny that people think everryone in FF14 is so nice. They are not. It is just hiddem behind false niceness and control ingame.

the idea isn't really "they will change if we ban them". it's more "they won't change, so let's get them out of here". there is such a thing as IP bans which i believe blizz already uses to an extent.