Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Dunno. We did it rather effectively against the Nazis, then again, Western countries weren't filled with soft, self absorbed whiners then and actually had the belly to go in all the way instead of half measures...
    You did not kill Nazism but instead took over the scientists and a lot of nazis ended up with high ranking positions later in life.

But you don't care about that, you just want to nuke Afghanistan, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The Afghanistan papers are a thing you should at least read the summary of them. It tells you what the generals and presidents were saying behind the scenes.
    I've glanced at them. I know they know it was a shit show, but I still don't think anyone expected Ghani to board a plane and book it as soon as the Taliban started to move on provinces.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    Considering how much you like to preserve your echo chamber:

So you edit my post so you can answer a irrelevent question so you can keep crying that china is the worlds enemy, but I want the echo chamber?

Hello Kettle.

They don't have very many, I don't know the exact amount. But their predatory foreign policy doesn't rely on military strength, yet. They rely on corrupting local officials into signing contracts their countries can't afford with the understanding that they'll acquire strategic resources or infrastructure if the debts can't be re-paid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...military_bases

I see one nation that is a bigger threat to any other nation on that list. It's the country I live in even.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It only looks bad, because the Afghan government fled like cowards and had their military surrender. It wasn't supposed to wind up like this.
    The vice-press is still fighting against Taliban.

And yeah, most of the military would flee because they don't believe in Afghanistan as a nation and where not getting any pay.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I've glanced at them. I know they know it was a shit show, but I still don't think anyone expected Ghani to board a plane and book it as soon as the Taliban started to move on provinces.
    They didn't predict everything to the letter but it says that this would happen because the Afghan forces were a joke. You should read a good summary nothing you are replying to is a hot take everyone was saying the same thing. Heck we openly said Afghanistan would fall in 90 days or less publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So you edit my post so you can answer a irrelevent question so you can keep crying that china is the worlds enemy, but I want the echo chamber?
    I was re-directing your weak point to a more stronger point in light of China.

They're not looking to divide and conquer through military occupation, they are doing it economically. And are very successful at it, with the IMF/World Bank having to bail out countries who are bankrupted because of their bad fiscal planning due to corruption/BRI contracts.

But if you do want to highlight their military, which is a considerable growing factor right now, despite their low international presence, I'll raise you this:

China building third missile field for hundreds of new ICBMs

10+ Year Old Account
    I was re-directing your weak point to a more stronger point in light of China.

They're not looking to divide and conquer through military occupation, they are doing it economically. And are very successful at it, with the IMF/World Bank having to bail out countries who are bankrupted because of their bad fiscal planning due to corruption/BRI contracts.

But if you do want to highlight their military, which is a considerable growing factor right now, despite their low international presence, I'll raise you this:

China building third missile field for hundreds of new ICBMs
    Why am I not surprised.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-times/

Got a more reliable/credible source?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Why am I not surprised.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-times/

Got a more reliable/credible source?
    Here are a series of other sources highlighting the ICBM concern, pick your poison Joe:

https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/CAS...ssile-silo-si/
    https://fas.org/blogs/security/2021/...le-silo-field/
    https://www.ft.com/content/11a72ce9-...0-d6d391b471da
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...057_story.html

10+ Year Old Account
    OK and? How can I decry them spending on their military when my country spends more than the top 10 nations combined?

Are we still pretending world wars are a serious possibility? That China has any interest in starting a war with the countries that are integral to its economy via trade? China isn't going to go to war with both its suppliers and the consumers of the goods it makes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would China go to war if they'd get everything they want anyway in a few decades.

OF COURSE China is building up their nuclear forces as fast as they can. As the US Military has stated over and over and over, right now the US can completely destroy China with our nuclear forces - heck with a fraction of it - and they cannot retaliate in kind. And the offical US position is that ALL CARDS ARE ON THE TABLE. This would include launching 3-5k nukes at China.

Building up 2700 more nukes (to get from around 300 to around 3,000) is kind of a necessary thing for them to do if they are going to survive against the US. If you were in their shoes, you would probably be pushing for 5 or 6 thousand to match the US, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    OF COURSE China is building up their nuclear forces as fast as they can. As the US Military has stated over and over and over, right now the US can completely destroy China with our nuclear forces - heck with a fraction of it - and they cannot retaliate in kind. And the offical US position is that ALL CARDS ARE ON THE TABLE. This would include launching 3-5k nukes at China.

Building up 2700 more nukes (to get from around 300 to around 3,000) is kind of a necessary thing for them to do if they are going to survive against the US. If you were in their shoes, you would probably be pushing for 5 or 6 thousand to match the US, not less.
    It's almost like they are reacting to being threatened, this behavior was totally not predictable.

OK and? How can I decry them spending on their military when my country spends more than the top 10 nations combined?
    I will dive more into the military side of things, but do you acknowledge that their Predatory Lending/Debt Trap Diplomacy (as a way of crippling nations) is both effective, efficient, & concerning relative to military campaigns?

China's military spending is shrouded in its commercial sector, the better measure of their spending is their raw output. Aside from their recent rapid ICBM expansion, their naval production is on a whole other level, and they already outmatch the US significantly in the Western Pacific, and they aren't slowing down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will dive more into the military side of things, but do you acknowledge that their Predatory Lending/Debt Trap Diplomacy (as a way of crippling nations) is both effective, efficient, & concerning relative to military campaigns?

China's military spending is shrouded in its commercial sector, the better measure of their spending is their raw output. Aside from their recent rapid ICBM expansion, their naval production is on a whole other level, and they already outmatch the US significantly in the Western Pacific, and they aren't slowing down.

No. China is not my boogie man. China concerns me less than what my own nation is doing.

No. China is not my boogie man. China concerns me less than what my own nation is doing.
    That is why you are not in charge of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    No, fearing China will start a war with developed western nations is pretty much just a fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are we still pretending world wars are a serious possibility? That China has any interest in starting a war with the countries that are integral to its economy via trade? China isn't going to go to war with both its suppliers and the consumers of the goods it makes.
    Nuclear Weapons are a way of swinging your dick on the Foreign Policy stage. No one is expecting a nuclear exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, fearing China will start a war with developed western nations is pretty much just a fantasy.
    Who said that China wanted to go at a conventional war with the western world ? Hint: they do not want that. They prefer a commercial war and are very good at it, scamming countries one after another.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Basically. They are ignoring things like the DNI report I linked earlier that highlights the threat of China on pages 6-8:

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/docum...ied-Report.pdf

Some people have to wait until the media tells them what to think in order for them to care.