Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    the "Cosby room" has nothing to do with anything you have been lied to and manipulated
    You are trying too hard... Who, exactly, lied to and manipulated me? Brah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Well now I'm just mad at Bungie because I can't use my unsupported Halo mods online. And FYI no you do not need to buy D2 to play over TCP/IP, if you think piracy isn't rampant in the D2 community just lol. You might be the only human being in the scene that's using a legit copy.

    Blizzard supports mods in the sense that they let you do it, but they don't offer any support for them beyond that. If you want to keep playing your modded game by all means keep using your classic client. If you want to play the official D2 game with updated graphics and such buy D2R. Again, total nonissue. You're just being outraged for the sake of it. You can keep on doing exactly what you're doing.
    I know pircacy is rampant there. There was like one person having bought D2 at lan parties back then and everyone else only used that one version.

    Beside from that i'm not outraged. I don't even plan to buy the game and I ddn't play any mods. I just wanted to explain why removing that feature isn't just 'nothing', since the people that kept D2 alive to this day are the modders and their community.
    And after the final hype will die off, from d2:r there isn't anyone who will keep it alive now.

    Diablo 2:R will now be about a 4 hour long campaign (if you even need this long) and then defeating the last boss over and over again.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    I suspect they re-considered the TCP/IP after their lawyers pointed out it leaves them open to being sued, potentially, if someone gets their computer broken into while using it.

    Also, they may not want to rewrite/fix the TCP side of D2 for security.

    There's a reason it's not really out there anymore.
    Yeah private minecraft servers dont exist and no game has p2p anymore. Gj making up shit to simp for a company...

  4. #264
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I know pircacy is rampant there. There was like one person having bought D2 at lan parties back then and everyone else only used that one version.

    Beside from that i'm not outraged. I don't even plan to buy the game and I ddn't play any mods. I just wanted to explain why removing that feature isn't just 'nothing', since the people that kept D2 alive to this day are the modders and their community.
    And after the final hype will die off, from d2:r there isn't anyone who will keep it alive now.

    Diablo 2:R will now be about a 4 hour long campaign (if you even need this long) and then defeating the last boss over and over again.
    Holy shit an ARPG is about farming? I never would have guessed. My goodness. Someone should tell those fine folks over at GGG and the millions of people who run the 10 hour campaign (if you even need that long) every 13 weeks and then farm the same content over and over again. >.> That's kind of the point of the genre just so you know. So yes it really really really is a non-issue. TCP/IP in games died years and years ago.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

  5. #265
    Bloodsail Admiral Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Holy shit an ARPG is about farming? I never would have guessed. My goodness. Someone should tell those fine folks over at GGG and the millions of people who run the 10 hour campaign (if you even need that long) every 13 weeks and then farm the same content over and over again. >.> That's kind of the point of the genre just so you know. So yes it really really really is a non-issue. TCP/IP in games died years and years ago.
    Imagine how successful Poe would be nowadays is killing Kitava would be the only sort of "endgame"? The problem with lack of local gameplay is (which I've mentioned earlier already) is the fact that there is zero endgame, you farm the same zone over and over with no increase on any field (exp, drops, difficulty). TP/IP gave Diablo2 it's longevity because of mods. Without it, everyone will forget about this remaster after few weeks.

  6. #266
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,922
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Also, "you think you do but you don't" is pretty much their catchphrase and 100% shows their arrogance. "I don't care what changes you want. The game is working the way we want and if you don't like it, oh well." is pretty much what that phrase means.
    Again: One guy says one thing (which turned out to be reasonably true given that many people wanted massive changes to Classic). That's not the whole company. Besides Brack is now gone so I guess that means that Blizzard isn't arrogant any longer. Dumb logic.

    If you've got a lot of specific instances where this was said in public by anyone other than Brack let's see them. You said they say it a lot. I know it gets repeated a lot but I'm only aware of the one time.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-08-13 at 07:26 PM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... i've had the ports open for hosting a minecraft server for years without anything happening... it's not as simple as having port open and they can do harm...
    Good job, you laid down and slept on the highway and didn't get killed. Clearly there's no risk in doing it again.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

    We see you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Good job, you laid down and slept on the highway and didn't get killed. Clearly there's no risk in doing it again.
    How many servers got hacked and users wrecked? You dont know any example, you just wanna talk shit.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    the fact that there is zero endgame, you farm the same zone over and over with no increase on any field (exp, drops, difficulty)
    But that was the endgame for a LOT of people. Not even farming a zone, just one boss. Coming home from work and doing half an hour of pindle runs to calm down. D2 was all about farming.

  10. #270
    how do i remove this trash from my bnet? https://gyazo.com/70a82ff96cf83149898cf482777966ce only wow is favourited.

  11. #271
    Bloodsail Admiral Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    But that was the endgame for a LOT of people. Not even farming a zone, just one boss. Coming home from work and doing half an hour of pindle runs to calm down. D2 was all about farming.
    Yes, I agree that it was an endgame back them. However this won't be enough today. Thus why I believe that in the long run (unless that's their plan) this game will be bought and forgotten.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Yes, I agree that it was an endgame back them. However this won't be enough today. Thus why I believe that in the long run (unless that's their plan) this game will be bought and forgotten.
    Some will leave, some will play from time to time, some will play at ladder reset then leave, and some will nolife it for few hours a day. Does it even matter how many people will play it? Its not like MMO where you need other people to raid or do dungeons.

  13. #273
    Any news on the one employee that promotes violence/harassment on customers yet?

  14. #274
    Bloodsail Admiral Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Some will leave, some will play from time to time, some will play at ladder reset then leave, and some will nolife it for few hours a day. Does it even matter how many people will play it? Its not like MMO where you need other people to raid or do dungeons.
    You're right though at least for me mods gave it a lot more fun after completing original game (anybody remember New Dawn?) these years back. I'm kinda disappointed with their decision but ofc I don't speak for everyone.

  15. #275
    Classic Blizzard move trying to make a definitive edition of a game by remaking it and removing features even the original had

    Now they're removing ultra-wide support as well because games in 2021 still have to be forced to run at 16:9 somehow (nah just kidding, only Blizzard does that)

    Might as well play the original with D2DX instead of supporting this mess of a company any further

    Imagine needing every little bit of good PR you can get your hands on, this maybe being a last ditch effort and not even being able to pull that off without bullshit after bullshit

    Honestly, forget this comnpany - let's try to fondly remember past Blizzard titles and move on by supporting developers that deserve it.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Holy shit an ARPG is about farming? I never would have guessed. My goodness. Someone should tell those fine folks over at GGG and the millions of people who run the 10 hour campaign (if you even need that long) every 13 weeks and then farm the same content over and over again. >.> That's kind of the point of the genre just so you know. So yes it really really really is a non-issue. TCP/IP in games died years and years ago.
    At this point I'm really not sure if you are just trolling

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    some workplaces fire people for having consensual relationships
    That's the definition of a strawman. Also, those cases aren't called sexual harassment. Situations like that are called fraternization.

  18. #278
    Bloodsail Admiral SunspotAnims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,165
    Out of curiosity, does no TCP/IP actually mean no mods, or just no mods with multiplayer?

  19. #279
    Legendary! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    6,509
    Why would I rebuy a game I already have and the one I have has more features than the new "remastered" version?

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    what is wrong with the room being called the cosby room because of its carpet?

    - - - Updated - - -



    have any of your EX-partners ever lied about you?

    did you just turn inappropriate behaviour into sexual harassment again
    try to avoid misusing language to try and manipulate people
    And now more gaslighting because you refuse to admit you might be wrong. You'd rather gaslight and victim blame. The fact that you are trying to invalidate the NUMEROUS sexual harassment complaints that were made against Afrasiabi is absolutely fucking vile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •