Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    goldfish memory? People were told not to play with randoms because of it for a while.
    the only place i have legit ever seen it happen is console, and thats because of couch co-op cheese, never ever heard about that on pc, been playing since day 1.

hell even the nintendo switch you cant dupe on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you claimed people can find your home address through it... they can't...

so don't play open bnet...
    They very much can, some ISP's have ways to block that, but it is very easy to find home adresses with IP's
    for example my ISP does not, meaning if you have my IP you can find the street number I live on rather easily, luckily I use a VPN.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

They very much can, some ISP's have ways to block that, but it is very easy to find home adresses with IP's
    no it isn't... go ahead and try with any random ip... try to find the home address of 78.230.32.101... at best you get a big geographical area where they could be located or it could not be there...

- - - Updated - - -

for example my ISP does not, meaning if you have my IP you can find the street number I live on rather easily
    bullshit lol... if it was so easy to find police wouldn't have to go courts to get permission to obtain information about it... they would just obtain it themselves without the isp giving the information up...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-08-12 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Well, to be honest i had the same question, as i thought so much misogyny and victim complex has to be satire.
    Im used to misandry daily, but thats fine.. right?

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine being such a filthy fucking coomer you think it is ok to slap women's butt without consent, and that it is by your literal words NOT sexual harrasment.

i dare you to go down the street and slap random women's butts, see how fast you end up behind bars my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

sending it to some of my friends aswell, have already got a few COOMER!!! memes sent in response, its fucking hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

it didnt happen in d3... what the fuck you talking about?
    I dont do it, but i dont think its the end of the world. At least not something worth ruining someones life and/or career over

Sidenote: i'd rather be a coomer than a blind liberal cuck though. Being trampled all over and not even realizing it. Its quite pitiful

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-08-12 at 11:30 PM.

the only place i have legit ever seen it happen is console, and thats because of couch co-op cheese, never ever heard about that on pc, been playing since day 1.

hell even the nintendo switch you cant dupe on.
    First example: https://www.cinemablend.com/games/Bl...own-43472.html

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Man even Overwatch characters are being #MeToo'd?
    literally the whole OW staff is now female, saw the photo on 4chan yday
    most of which are asians, then blacks, then else
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    No, I just want to find out if you really are like this or if it's performance art. Inquiring minds need to know!
    2021 gender politics is art.. bad art. If you think im fucked up, im certainly far from alone

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    literally the whole OW staff is now female, saw the photo on 4chan yday
    most of which are asians, then blacks, then else
    why does it matter what they are?

So, a feature nobody will really miss, and a whole lot of incel whinging. Glad I could get caught up on this very important bit of news.

Also, cancel culture isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I understand that from an objective point of view, it is a missing feature to play offline / local, but in reality no one really needs that in 2021. It's just bitching for the sake of bitching at this point. It's like complaining the game doesnt support 640x860 resolution anymore. Come on.
    This. I like hating om blizz as much as the next guy but if this is an issue for you in 2021 you are really digging for excuses to do so.

why does it matter what they are?
    yea, why does it matter and why was it problem when it was 90% men?

So it begins. Unfulfilled promises. Diablo 2 will be a failure. But at least Blizzard women are happy, I guess.

When will Mccree be removed from OverWatch?

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    People crying for being unable to “lan with friends” in 2021 really make me laugh quite hard.
    I mean, I still play LAN with a friend on a weekly basis. I will never play D2 (Sacred 2 is superior imo), but removing features is never a good thing. A remake has to be better and has to offer more features than the original, otherwise you could just release a high-res texture and animation pack for the old game and call it a day.

You are just crying for the sake of crying and saying Blizzard is bad.

Of course they are doing it to limit piracy somehow, as basically EVERY gaming company out there tries to do.
    Blizzard isn't just bad, they are dishonest. "Security reasons" my ass. Plenty of other modern games release with TCP/IP functionality, without any security concerns. Blizz could just say "we're limiting piracy" and everyone would be somewhat fine. But to praise this as a service to the customer ist a blatant lie. The customer has only disadvantages through this decision.

do you even read the context of replies? they can't bring anything from tcp/ip or single player to the battle.net characters... they are entirely separated from each other... the point about duped or cheated items from local characters doesn't apply to battle.net... they can't be played there...

and the piracy angle is just stupid as well... there will be private servers you can connect to just like in d2...

the removal of tcp/ip serves no purpose other than to spite people...

you're being intentionally obtuse...
    Again, you have the weirdest of edge cases that have little bearing on reality in 2021. Non-pervasive internet isn't a thing anymore for the vast majority of people. And there's no reason they have to include specific behaviors from the original game in the remaster. If you need absolutely those things, just play the original. They didn't kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    Again, you have the weirdest of edge cases that have little bearing on reality in 2021. Non-pervasive internet isn't a thing anymore for the vast majority of people.
    lol... there is a reason why my isp has obtained their nickname that alludes to all the problems they have with keeping the customers online... and it's not because they're able to actually keep us online... and no, they are the only isp that we can obtain here that has speeds more than like 10 mbit so changing isn't an option unless i want to download at a snails pace... this is about 30k people that has them as the only option if they want faster than like 10 mbit... if 4g had better stability and reception where i live i would go with that above this... but it's even more unstable...

there really is no reason to remove tcp/ip from the game...

and even then... blizzard aren't famous for having stable servers either...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-08-12 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    If you think im fucked up, im certainly far from alone
    I mean... yeah. That's the point. Lots of fucked up weirdos bitching about why women won't want them without a hint of self-irony.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

I mean... yeah. That's the point. Lots of fucked up weirdos bitching about why women won't want them without a hint of self-irony.
    Basically this.

they are cutting 1 feature that is a security risk, that is literally it.
    They already delayed ladder to unknown future (which can be be still good thing imo).
    This can be only the beginning of unfulfilled promises stream.
    And please... stop bullshitting and believing that they did not expect/think of this 'security risk' feature before.

Same goes both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Same goes both ways
    That literally makes no sense. Because no one is bitching about being able to get women without a hint of self irony.

The main message with any of this is, if you're struggling to connect with women, you're probably the problem.

They're human beings. Treat them with compassion and empathy, as you would yourself, and you won't have any issues at all.

If you're one of those people who is massively self-hating, then it's no surprise you're struggling with people in general.

3 Points to why removing TCP/IP is bad:

Yep, people still use it. When i was living with a few fellow students we regularely played via lan to not be subject to internet/server issues. This continuned until i moved out 5 years ago - though this may actually be the weakest argument

While it is theoretically possible to get your location, that is very hard, and also it is only a risk if you use it, and even then the actual problem is me telling someone else my ip address. I wouldn't do this to people i don't trust anyway. No need for blizzard to play my nanny. So i suspect that it has more to do with them wanting players to play on b.net to push their MAUs

And maybe the most important: Again, blizzard reverts their promises. I fell into their trap with WC3, but this time i didn't pre-order though i was a bit hyped and think it can get really good - i just wont buy it this time, as they probably will break other promises too.

So that's why i think it's bad. Not so much because of the actual feature, but because of their continuous breaking of promises. And as long as people play this down, it will continue. Maybe next time with a feature that you really liked.