Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    so we know pretty much nothing?
    It's very likely you won't hear more. I cannot conceive you would ever see "Afrasiabi was fired for doing [x] to [victim]" as an official statement from Blizzard, even without an active lawsuit that names him. The only place that could occur with no liability would be a courtroom. And that's if neither party request the files sealed after the suit is concluded, if ATVI doesn't settle out of court, or if Afrasiabi is sued directly by a victim in a separate suit or criminal complaint.

Not directed at you, but at those in general who seek details - you have no rights to details, Blizzard, like any corporation, has severe legal liabilities disclosing anything in a case like this, and the rights of privacy to the victims supersedes your need to know more. Blizzard has no duty or responsibility to publish specifics. I get people are curious (and there are many here who just want salacious info because they get off on it), but the public has no right to any of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Cannot wait for Overwatch's McCree, a completely fictional character that has nothing to do with the recent re-discovery of the damnatio memoriae, to be renamed something idiotic like Shooty Donald or Pew Pew Paul.
    He is literally named after the guy... so yeah they are going to rename him my dude

Jesse McCree
    Jesse McCree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Afaicr Blizzard listened to a lot of feedback for D2R.

I understand not being able to play in LAN is a “miss” but everyone gives different importance to every feature, I basically play solo for example so it’s a 100% useless feature for me.
    This ^^^ D2R is closer to SCR then WC3R
    and the SCR was bloody amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Imagine something that was standard is now considered impossible to achieve.

Jesus christ. Some of you were born in the wrong time.
    "I went to the doctor and asked them to drain my blood with leeches, they said they wouldnt and couldnt"
    "Imagine something that was standard is now considered impossible to acheive, jesus christ, some of you were born in the wrong time"

it is not that is is "imposible" it is that we live in a very different age of the internet, where back in the day having someones IP was not really that much of a big deal, these days it is, all games in the past you literally were just able to see anyone and everyones IP no problem, but that is a major security risk these days.

its like how when i was a kid and the economy was far better we literally used to leave our door unlocked all the time except for bedtime, now adays you leave it locked all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

the "Cosby room" has nothing to do with anything you have been lied to and manipulated
    You are trying too hard... Who, exactly, lied to and manipulated me? Brah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Well now I'm just mad at Bungie because I can't use my unsupported Halo mods online. And FYI no you do not need to buy D2 to play over TCP/IP, if you think piracy isn't rampant in the D2 community just lol. You might be the only human being in the scene that's using a legit copy.

Blizzard supports mods in the sense that they let you do it, but they don't offer any support for them beyond that. If you want to keep playing your modded game by all means keep using your classic client. If you want to play the official D2 game with updated graphics and such buy D2R. Again, total nonissue. You're just being outraged for the sake of it. You can keep on doing exactly what you're doing.
    I know pircacy is rampant there. There was like one person having bought D2 at lan parties back then and everyone else only used that one version.

Beside from that i'm not outraged. I don't even plan to buy the game and I ddn't play any mods. I just wanted to explain why removing that feature isn't just 'nothing', since the people that kept D2 alive to this day are the modders and their community.
    And after the final hype will die off, from d2:r there isn't anyone who will keep it alive now.

Diablo 2:R will now be about a 4 hour long campaign (if you even need this long) and then defeating the last boss over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    I suspect they re-considered the TCP/IP after their lawyers pointed out it leaves them open to being sued, potentially, if someone gets their computer broken into while using it.

Also, they may not want to rewrite/fix the TCP side of D2 for security.

There's a reason it's not really out there anymore.
    Yeah private minecraft servers dont exist and no game has p2p anymore. Gj making up shit to simp for a company...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I know pircacy is rampant there. There was like one person having bought D2 at lan parties back then and everyone else only used that one version.

Beside from that i'm not outraged. I don't even plan to buy the game and I ddn't play any mods. I just wanted to explain why removing that feature isn't just 'nothing', since the people that kept D2 alive to this day are the modders and their community.
    And after the final hype will die off, from d2:r there isn't anyone who will keep it alive now.

Diablo 2:R will now be about a 4 hour long campaign (if you even need this long) and then defeating the last boss over and over again.
    Holy shit an ARPG is about farming? I never would have guessed. My goodness. Someone should tell those fine folks over at GGG and the millions of people who run the 10 hour campaign (if you even need that long) every 13 weeks and then farm the same content over and over again. >.> That's kind of the point of the genre just so you know. So yes it really really really is a non-issue. TCP/IP in games died years and years ago.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Holy shit an ARPG is about farming? I never would have guessed. My goodness. Someone should tell those fine folks over at GGG and the millions of people who run the 10 hour campaign (if you even need that long) every 13 weeks and then farm the same content over and over again. >.> That's kind of the point of the genre just so you know. So yes it really really really is a non-issue. TCP/IP in games died years and years ago.
    Imagine how successful Poe would be nowadays is killing Kitava would be the only sort of "endgame"? The problem with lack of local gameplay is (which I've mentioned earlier already) is the fact that there is zero endgame, you farm the same zone over and over with no increase on any field (exp, drops, difficulty). TP/IP gave Diablo2 it's longevity because of mods. Without it, everyone will forget about this remaster after few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Also, "you think you do but you don't" is pretty much their catchphrase and 100% shows their arrogance. "I don't care what changes you want. The game is working the way we want and if you don't like it, oh well." is pretty much what that phrase means.
    Again: One guy says one thing (which turned out to be reasonably true given that many people wanted massive changes to Classic). That's not the whole company. Besides Brack is now gone so I guess that means that Blizzard isn't arrogant any longer. Dumb logic.

If you've got a lot of specific instances where this was said in public by anyone other than Brack let's see them. You said they say it a lot. I know it gets repeated a lot but I'm only aware of the one time.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-08-13 at 07:26 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... i've had the ports open for hosting a minecraft server for years without anything happening... it's not as simple as having port open and they can do harm...
    Good job, you laid down and slept on the highway and didn't get killed. Clearly there's no risk in doing it again.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Good job, you laid down and slept on the highway and didn't get killed. Clearly there's no risk in doing it again.
    How many servers got hacked and users wrecked? You dont know any example, you just wanna talk shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    the fact that there is zero endgame, you farm the same zone over and over with no increase on any field (exp, drops, difficulty)
    But that was the endgame for a LOT of people. Not even farming a zone, just one boss. Coming home from work and doing half an hour of pindle runs to calm down. D2 was all about farming.

how do i remove this trash from my bnet? https://gyazo.com/70a82ff96cf83149898cf482777966ce only wow is favourited.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    But that was the endgame for a LOT of people. Not even farming a zone, just one boss. Coming home from work and doing half an hour of pindle runs to calm down. D2 was all about farming.
    Yes, I agree that it was an endgame back them. However this won't be enough today. Thus why I believe that in the long run (unless that's their plan) this game will be bought and forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Yes, I agree that it was an endgame back them. However this won't be enough today. Thus why I believe that in the long run (unless that's their plan) this game will be bought and forgotten.
    Some will leave, some will play from time to time, some will play at ladder reset then leave, and some will nolife it for few hours a day. Does it even matter how many people will play it? Its not like MMO where you need other people to raid or do dungeons.

Any news on the one employee that promotes violence/harassment on customers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Some will leave, some will play from time to time, some will play at ladder reset then leave, and some will nolife it for few hours a day. Does it even matter how many people will play it? Its not like MMO where you need other people to raid or do dungeons.
    You're right though at least for me mods gave it a lot more fun after completing original game (anybody remember New Dawn?) these years back. I'm kinda disappointed with their decision but ofc I don't speak for everyone.

Classic Blizzard move trying to make a definitive edition of a game by remaking it and removing features even the original had

Now they're removing ultra-wide support as well because games in 2021 still have to be forced to run at 16:9 somehow (nah just kidding, only Blizzard does that)

Might as well play the original with D2DX instead of supporting this mess of a company any further

Imagine needing every little bit of good PR you can get your hands on, this maybe being a last ditch effort and not even being able to pull that off without bullshit after bullshit

Honestly, forget this comnpany - let's try to fondly remember past Blizzard titles and move on by supporting developers that deserve it.

At this point I'm really not sure if you are just trolling

some workplaces fire people for having consensual relationships
    That's the definition of a strawman. Also, those cases aren't called sexual harassment. Situations like that are called fraternization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, does no TCP/IP actually mean no mods, or just no mods with multiplayer?