Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why would I rebuy a game I already have and the one I have has more features than the new "remastered" version?

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    what is wrong with the room being called the cosby room because of its carpet?

- - - Updated - - -

have any of your EX-partners ever lied about you?

did you just turn inappropriate behaviour into sexual harassment again
    try to avoid misusing language to try and manipulate people
    And now more gaslighting because you refuse to admit you might be wrong. You'd rather gaslight and victim blame. The fact that you are trying to invalidate the NUMEROUS sexual harassment complaints that were made against Afrasiabi is absolutely fucking vile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    He is literally named after the guy... so yeah they are going to rename him my dude

Jesse McCree
    Jesse McCree
    In that case, my vote goes to Buffalo Bullet

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    In that case, my vote goes to Buffalo Bullet
    My idea was Matt(hew) Mercenry.
    Matt mercer reference
    his voice actor, who is way cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    Out of curiosity, does no TCP/IP actually mean no mods, or just no mods with multiplayer?
    no multiplayer mods, unless you can find a way around blizzards servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rammwurst View Post
    Classic Blizzard move trying to make a definitive edition of a game by remaking it and removing features even the original had

Now they're removing ultra-wide support as well because games in 2021 still have to be forced to run at 16:9 somehow (nah just kidding, only Blizzard does that)

Might as well play the original with D2DX instead of supporting this mess of a company any further

Imagine needing every little bit of good PR you can get your hands on, this maybe being a last ditch effort and not even being able to pull that off without bullshit after bullshit

Honestly, forget this comnpany - let's try to fondly remember past Blizzard titles and move on by supporting developers that deserve it.
    Wait they are removing ultra wide support? I was playing with it literally just last night

also the reason you would play this over the original is the better graphics, aspect ratio, and it runs better on modern PC's

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Any news on the one employee that promotes violence/harassment on customers yet?
    Which employee did that? Have you got a screenshot or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    how do i remove this trash from my bnet? https://gyazo.com/70a82ff96cf83149898cf482777966ce only wow is favourited.
    youve been invited to the beta, so its putthere so you dont forget, it will go away in a couple days on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

kind of weird that there is so much out rage when there is basically zero evidence then
    There IS evidence. You're just not privy to it. Just because YOU aren't allowed to look at the evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Holy fucking shit.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2021-08-14 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There IS evidence. You're just not privy to it. Just because YOU aren't allowed to look at the evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Holy fucking shit.
    trust me dude lmao

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    trust me dude lmao
    Do you not know how the justice system works? The only people who are required to see the evidence are the people involved in the case. Otherwise, you have absolutely no right knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well, given that they already sold them as preorders... how honest it is will depend on how "generous" their return policy is.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You mean one month before release when most people already pre ordered the game? No, it's not nice.

It's a standard scum bag move from a gaming company. Do you actually think they just realized that it's not safe for their costumers? How incompetent do they have to be?
    Last I checked, it was pretty easy to cancel a pre-order, but sorry if it triggered you both.
    Last edited by Bonkbonk100; 2021-08-14 at 06:47 PM.

kind of weird that there is so much out rage when there is basically zero evidence then
    The information provided in the group chat, emails, the sex device and lube found in the managers suitcase after the female employees suicide and passing around her explicit pictures at a work party are definitely red flags.

These people are degenerate neckbeards that got a taste of popularity and ran with it. Basement dwellers that when receiving attention for the first time over their accomplishments finally had a chance to capitalize on it. Instead of approaching women like most men do they felt the need to try to corner them like degenerates. What is ironic is their the same people that were virtue signaling on their twitter account and adding their pronouns. They've given into degeneracy by forsaking natural law and western values.

"Never be ashamed of being a Western Chauvinist."
    -Proudboy/Proudgoy

5+ Year Old Account
    TCP/IP support for D2R will probably come back as a DLC
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what does removal of TCP/IP mean, exactly? No playing via LAN? If a friend and I was to buy and play the game on the PS4, would we not be able to invite each other to a group to play with just us two, ooor...? I'm a tad confused to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    So, what does removal of TCP/IP mean, exactly? No playing via LAN? If a friend and I was to buy and play the game on the PS4, would we not be able to invite each other to a group to play with just us two, ooor...? I'm a tad confused to be honest.
    Less confused than you think, you nailed it. It wont be an issue at all, until its an issue. I think most people who are unhappy with this are not pissed off that it wont be in the game so much as they are pissed off that Blizzard stated clearly this would be part of the game, then changed their mind and went back on their previous claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post

You can play together, but you must play on Battle.net servers.

People are mad because TCP/IP was a way to play that didn't rely on Blizzard maintaining servers.

This has some likely implications on the mod community, eg. If you and I ran a modded version of the game that added new items, spells, monsters, etc. it means we probably won't be able to play together, or online.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    For years Blizzard has been incapable of releasing games.

• HotS was put into maintenance mode.

• Titan languished in development hell for years and years until Overwatch was salvaged out of it.

• D3's second expansion was cancelled.

• D4 is in development hell and it's director has been sacrificed

• OW2 is in development hell and it's director left

• Blizzard's incubation unit hasn't released anything.

• All other Blizzard games are outsourced to mixed results (SC1 remaster being decent, WC3 Reforged being neglected by Blizzard, rushed, and given too little budget, Diablo Immortal is in development hell).

• WoW devs are hellbent on driving as many of their customers away as they can.

Blizzard's inability to release games is one of the reasons for the company's brain drain. It's demoralizing to spend years at a company but you don't have any work to show for it. At this rate, the new startups by former Blizzard devs will put out new games before Blizzard does.

Blizzard isn't going to perform a turn around. At best, Activision will either completely gut the studio and give the IPs to new people, but you're still going to get soulless cash grab games that won't be anything like the games borne of passion by the Blizzard of eld.
    I rarely agree with you, but this is an excellent summary.
    Here is something to believe in!

I get that the LAN mode and single player are hard to secure against cheating and the CLOSED battle.net variant is much less work for blizzard to keep cheating at least controlled.

But they are removing a game feature for no real reason.

D2 was one of the last games that still worked well offline.

for once, I dont see any problem. No one "lans" anymore, maybe a few geeks once in a while. I'm 34, I experienced the "LAN" old times, but everything evolves...

But.. I've watched some friend playing the beta, ok the nostalgia hits me but I can't see myself playing D2 for months... as people said there is no "end game", no new modes (like D3 rifts), it's just mobs/boss farming, endlessly with no end goal. It was ok for my 15 years old self but in 2021.... That's why I DONT LIKE remakes/remaster that use the old game as base with just graphics improvement.

No one will ever use the "classic mode" for more than 5 mins (on a normal modern screen its just... painful for the eyes) and the whole game is stuck in the past just because of this gimmick...
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-08-18 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMENGELE View Post
    The information provided in the group chat, emails, the sex device and lube found in the managers suitcase after the female employees suicide and passing around her explicit pictures at a work party are definitely red flags.

These people are degenerate neckbeards that got a taste of popularity and ran with it.
    You don't know the context of these things. There used to be a principle called "innocent until proven guilty".

So far as I know no one is claiming a connection with any far right/christian fascist groups, like a lot of people commenting on this stuff you seem to be trying to superimpose your unrelated agenda onto this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Not directed at you, but at those in general who seek details - you have no rights to details, Blizzard, like any corporation, has severe legal liabilities disclosing anything in a case like this, and the rights of privacy to the victims supersedes your need to know more. Blizzard has no duty or responsibility to publish specifics. I get people are curious (and there are many here who just want salacious info because they get off on it), but the public has no right to any of it.
    You seem to be ignoring the public interest in knowing whether he committed illegal acts, is being fired for political/other reasons and what dangers he might pose to the public in future. Not all motivations are salacious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I get that the LAN mode and single player are hard to secure against cheating and the CLOSED battle.net variant is much less work for blizzard to keep cheating at least controlled.

But they are removing a game feature for no real reason.

D2 was one of the last games that still worked well offline.
    Blizzard has absolutely no leg to stand on if they're using "cheating" as an excuse for doing this when they're current games are absolutely riddled with cheating, gold selling, boosting and all manner of foul play to an extent they haven't ever been.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by drizadriza View Post
    You don't know the context of these things. There used to be a principle called "innocent until proven guilty".

So far as I know no one is claiming a connection with any far right/christian fascist groups, like a lot of people commenting on this stuff you seem to be trying to superimpose your unrelated agenda onto this.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to be ignoring the public interest in knowing whether he committed illegal acts, is being fired for political/other reasons and what dangers he might pose to the public in future. Not all motivations are salacious.
    You don't need much context to see when someone is being a liberal degenerate.

The whole removal of TCP/IP feature reeks of one big issue.
    Being forced into having to connect to B.Net all the time means that you don't get to play all those wonderful times that B.Net goes down randomly.
    You keep a night shift schedule or something and wanna play a good ole game, during the timeframe Blizz does maint? Tough luck, sucks to be you.

As others have mentioned - claiming it's being removed because of "security" or piracy or whatever is a crock. It's to force people into adding to their monthly user count. And, as has been mentioned tons already, the game is only still popular these days is because of mods and whatnot, that will no longer be a possible thing for this version.

I've seen people in this thread talking about connectivity and such. But, hey, I still do some direct connect games with people, and they have better connectivity to me than being routed through whatever Blizz node they have to go through. That's just making it have an extra step, and if Blizz has any issues - which, let's face it, you know they will have issues - then trying to play anything through their services is going to suck.

Just wait till the good times when you have to sit in a queue to connect to a single player game. Again.