Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They are basically defective toasters, like quite a few other races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    yes, but in the warcraft universe, our origin is the false one, and the one blizzzard wrote the correct one.

That's how i view it, so basically our earth exists in the warcraft universe, but we don't know the our real origin, because titans and all that other stuff is real.

Make any sense?

You are right in the real life sense, but in the warcraft universe sense, , it's story is the "truth " of how things are, and so its humans and our humans are the same within that universe. But in reality ofc they aren't, because warcraft is fictional.
    Earth does not exist in world of warcraft, what are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I have to admit, I'm having some issues following you. I don't think a fictional Earth exists in the Warcraft universe as a planet, no; and the fictional humans of the Warcraft universe have their own origin as a species that differs greatly from real-life humans like you and me. How much of that is represented in the art of the game is anyone's guess, but I'm saying that the fact that Warcraft's humans are essentially mutated alien constructs descended from space-giants goes far to explain why they're different from real-life human norms.
    The little girl Alice in Outland talks about Earth her home. Blades edge mountain ... where the Druid group are helping with things? Remember?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The little girl Alice in Outland talks about Earth her home. Blades edge mountain ... where the Druid group are helping with things? Remember?
    Pretty sure that's just a one-off Easter egg and not really meant as canonizing Earth as a place in the fictional Warcraft universe. Not too different from the fact that Stormwind City guards and Orgrimmar Grunts get lightsabers on May 4th of each year as a cheeky reference to Star Wars, which doesn't really canonize that there's a magical day where every guard on Azeroth gets a laser sword.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they are literally the descendants of the vyrkul, no they are not natural. Because the vrykul were the warriors of the titans, they were made to be strong in power and magic, and when they were cursed with flesh they uhh inbred. and wiht that made "smaller" versions of themselves, that they normally killed, but some who felt bad saved their children sending them away, which lead to humans.
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/2cs7ezl.png[IMG]

Also they were literally made of stone/metal and looked like this before they were made into flesh by yogg sarrons curse of flesh.

[IMG]https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/946142-hymdall.jpg[IMG]
    This begs the question of why did they have stone/metal beards

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Their muscles are quite big for being human, do they take alchemical drugs to reach this size?
    Could be. One of things I like about Guild Wars 2 lore is humans are aliens brought to the game worlds planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This begs the question of why did they have stone/metal beards
    likely cause their creators the titans also had them.

- - - Updated - - -

Alice? Where is this alice you speak of, looking up the name "alice" in tbc comes up with not a single npc with the name alice.

However they were created can't be as bad as how Tauren were created...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

- - - Updated - - -

Alice? Where is this alice you speak of, looking up the name "alice" in tbc comes up with not a single npc with the name alice.
    I think he's referring to Natasha, a human girl who follows Wildlord Antelarion around in the Evergrove in Blade's Edge, and comments about how she came from "Eng-land" and fell from a large bird.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Considering the Titans created them off the Vyrkul... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are the mutated offspring of mutated titan constructs.... not exactly natural.

That's not as fun of an answer.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I know exactly who he is talking about, I vaguely remember that quest but I remember thinking the little girl was crazy.

Edit Did they remove her from the game? I remember her....but...

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's referring to Natasha, a human girl who follows Wildlord Antelarion around in the Evergrove in Blade's Edge, and comments about how she came from "Eng-land" and fell from a large bird.
    Oh thank you I nearly had a aneurysm trying to remember that quest.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2021-08-13 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    I don't count titanforged as natives to Azeroth/ The Vrykul were war constructs turned to flesh by Yogg-Saron then Humans are just Vrykul thalidomide babies.
    While I could see why one may not consider them natural, what makes you think they're not native? Their origin is still Azeroth, with the world's crust being used to build the keeper's constructs. Do you consider them native to the Plane of Order then based on the fact that they're titan creations? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking, but it's well described in the Chronicle where Azerothian humans come from.

They're actually deformed Vrykul sent to Tirisfal as a "mercy" rather than being slain outright as a means of culling the weak.

These deformed Vrykul eventually established the Lordaeron kingdom and spread out from there throughout the Eastern Kingdoms.

As far as the Vrykul are concerned, I believe they were originally a race created to serve the titanic keepers in their fight against the old gods.
    They eventually succumbed to the curse of flesh created by Yogg-saron IIRC.
    Technically the Empire of Strom, located in Stromgarde is the ancestral point of the later Seven Kingdoms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I know exactly who he is talking about, I vaguely remember that quest but I remember thinking the little girl was crazy.

Edit Did they remove her from the game? I remember her....but...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh thank you I nearly had a aneurysm trying to remember that quest.
    Oh so "England" not earth.
    Also its a bill cosby reference...
    well aint that horrid.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, a bill cosby reference funnily enough.
    And yeah england not earth, so while its obvious where she is refencing, its not earth so...

- - - Updated - - -

as aucald linked, she says england not earth. also natasha not alice.

@FelPlague and @Aucald but don't you think blizzard are cheeky that way, - I've always wondered from that moment on, if our earth was in the Warcraft universe.

Before I use to wonder if Warcraft happens well before our earth you know... I think everyone's assumption is that the two are totally unrelated, but then when they do things like that with natasha - you can't help but wonder.

yeh they're being cheeky but with a "wink" in "ah you never know mwuhahaha..." it's not like they've definitely said the two aren't related in their universe..

btw.. thanks for the correction. Natasha not Alice, I had no energy to get the correct reference (been recovering from severe illness)

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Their muscles are quite big for being human, do they take alchemical drugs to reach this size?
    No, they are not. Every playable race is either a Titanic descendent of had their evolution affected by said Titans. The only example is maybe the draenei if Argus didn't passively affect their development.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.