Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the mountains
    Posts
    2,591

    Question can Blizzard completely remake Warcraft III Reforged?!

    I'm talking about completely scrapping the current game because we all know it's garbage and creating a worthy Warcraft III Remaster that has the same love and care put into it like it's D2 counterpart.

    Is this possible? Is there even a 5 percent chance?
    Milk was a bad choice.


    2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

  2. #2
    Aww I remember having hope for companies too how adorable

  3. #3
    Elemental Lord Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,211
    Zero.

    While the developers might want to do it, the publishers will most definitely not be in board.

    And let's not celebrate D2 just yet. Warcraft III Reforged looked really good at first, too. And then it didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  4. #4
    Probably not. There's very little money for them in warcraft 3
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the mountains
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Zero.



    And let's not celebrate D2 just yet. Warcraft III Reforged looked really good at first, too. And then it didn't.

    that's funny you say that because I always thought reforged looked bad and cheap from the get go. the only good thing about reforged was the intro cinematic...

    never understood the high expectations, the art was so completely off imo
    Milk was a bad choice.


    2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Zero.

    While the developers might want to do it, the publishers will most definitely not be in board.

    And let's not celebrate D2 just yet. Warcraft III Reforged looked really good at first, too. And then it didn't.
    No, Reforged was only good in the trailer. The open beta was a complete mess, fully bugged and with shitty graphism. D2R is lightyears beyond Reforged.

  7. #7
    Elemental Lord Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    No, Reforged was only good in the trailer. The open beta was a complete mess, fully bugged and with shitty graphism. D2R is lightyears beyond Reforged.
    When I said "at first", I meant "when we first saw the damn thing". Like how we are with Diablo 2 right now. As in, before any kind of playable beta.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-08-13 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  8. #8
    WC3 Reforged is an effing TRAGEDY on so many levels. I will never forgive Blizzard for what they did. It was my favorite game. This would be so much less severe if they had the decency to leave the old client. Burn in hell.

  9. #9
    Funny thing is Reforged is mostly fine....The problems ended up post release IE the promises they made not happening with the graphics and custscenes, Blizzard owning the rights to any maps you make, and OG Warcraft 3 getting every shitty change reforged got whether they liked it or not. As for the game/campaign itself its mostly..."Fine"

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Like how we are with Diablo 2 right now. As in, before any kind of playable beta.


    Literaly first search result.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm talking about completely scrapping the current game because we all know it's garbage and creating a worthy Warcraft III Remaster that has the same love and care put into it like it's D2 counterpart.

    Is this possible? Is there even a 5 percent chance?
    hahahahahaaaa .... no

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    that's funny you say that because I always thought reforged looked bad and cheap from the get go. the only good thing about reforged was the intro cinematic...

    never understood the high expectations, the art was so completely off imo
    I looked and sounded good when they were still gonna go through the story to fit the current lore and touch up campaigns to fit current stuff. As well as have new type of conversation cutscenes etc. Then, either because they were told to make it cheaper or because of the community backlash, they decided to just do an asset swap of the original. How boring.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Funny thing is Reforged is mostly fine....The problems ended up post release IE the promises they made not happening with the graphics and custscenes, Blizzard owning the rights to any maps you make, and OG Warcraft 3 getting every shitty change reforged got whether they liked it or not. As for the game/campaign itself its mostly..."Fine"
    "Fine" as in still more buggy than the original.

  14. #14
    They can. but they won't.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm talking about completely scrapping the current game because we all know it's garbage and creating a worthy Warcraft III Remaster that has the same love and care put into it like it's D2 counterpart.

    Is this possible? Is there even a 5 percent chance?
    you didn't see the D2 counterpart yet, bro
    i'm not willing to risk it, warcraft 3 is somehow dead to me...
    if find remakes make all the good memories original brought fade away somehow

    god be merciful with those who gonna watch Netflix's Cowboy Bebop
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

  16. #16
    The thing about trust is that you only get to squander it once.

  17. #17
    I bet there would be still enough of naive people preordering to make tons of money on them, LOL.

  18. #18
    If the new leadership wants to win back some goodwill of the customer and show that they give a shit about old Blizzard games, yeah.

    But realistically speaking, they won't.

  19. #19
    Pit Lord Nutri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    This thread
    Posts
    2,435
    There's shareholders involved. Unless they whip out the calculator and find out it'll bring them a large sack of money, chances are absolutely zero they would remake reforged.

    Also, 'D2 will be better handled than WC3RF' is a dogshit reason to preorder D2. Just don't. Super cool you can do a beta test for a weekend, but if the game goes DOA then it'll be another 40 euro's in down the toilet.

    Don't preorder anything. It's like buying plant seeds in the winter with the premise it'll grown into the most beautiful flowers ever during summer. See the plant first and then buy the plant.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2021-08-13 at 09:24 AM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    "Fine" as in still more buggy than the original.
    Fine doesn't mean good...some of the issues are SLIGHTLY fixable

    Redo Graphics and Story: would take a LOT of effort and fans might not be happy with outcome
    Remove clause that Blizzard owns whatever you make: Good for PR but Acti/Blizz doesn't want to take a chance at the next DOTA slipping through their fingers
    Merging Original WC3 with Reforged: ....by all accounts if they have the ability to do this they absolutely should but they decided "oh no we shouldn't split the playerbase" so we probably wont see that

    Just gonna say pulling an FF14 on this isn't going to happen

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If the new leadership wants to win back some goodwill of the customer and show that they give a shit about old Blizzard games, yeah.

    But realistically speaking, they won't.
    Yeah shareholders are going to see the disaster of the previous attempt, shrug, and do nothing...wont matter what the devs want.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •