Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question can Blizzard completely remake Warcraft III Reforged?!

I'm talking about completely scrapping the current game because we all know it's garbage and creating a worthy Warcraft III Remaster that has the same love and care put into it like it's D2 counterpart.

Is this possible? Is there even a 5 percent chance?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Aww I remember having hope for companies too how adorable

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero.

While the developers might want to do it, the publishers will most definitely not be in board.

And let's not celebrate D2 just yet. Warcraft III Reforged looked really good at first, too. And then it didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Probably not. There's very little money for them in warcraft 3
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Zero.

And let's not celebrate D2 just yet. Warcraft III Reforged looked really good at first, too. And then it didn't.

that's funny you say that because I always thought reforged looked bad and cheap from the get go. the only good thing about reforged was the intro cinematic...

never understood the high expectations, the art was so completely off imo
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Zero.

While the developers might want to do it, the publishers will most definitely not be in board.

No, Reforged was only good in the trailer. The open beta was a complete mess, fully bugged and with shitty graphism. D2R is lightyears beyond Reforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    No, Reforged was only good in the trailer. The open beta was a complete mess, fully bugged and with shitty graphism. D2R is lightyears beyond Reforged.
    When I said "at first", I meant "when we first saw the damn thing". Like how we are with Diablo 2 right now. As in, before any kind of playable beta.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-08-13 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

WC3 Reforged is an effing TRAGEDY on so many levels. I will never forgive Blizzard for what they did. It was my favorite game. This would be so much less severe if they had the decency to leave the old client. Burn in hell.

Funny thing is Reforged is mostly fine....The problems ended up post release IE the promises they made not happening with the graphics and custscenes, Blizzard owning the rights to any maps you make, and OG Warcraft 3 getting every shitty change reforged got whether they liked it or not. As for the game/campaign itself its mostly..."Fine"

Like how we are with Diablo 2 right now. As in, before any kind of playable beta.

Literaly first search result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm talking about completely scrapping the current game because we all know it's garbage and creating a worthy Warcraft III Remaster that has the same love and care put into it like it's D2 counterpart.

hahahahahaaaa .... no

10+ Year Old Account
    that's funny you say that because I always thought reforged looked bad and cheap from the get go. the only good thing about reforged was the intro cinematic...

never understood the high expectations, the art was so completely off imo
    I looked and sounded good when they were still gonna go through the story to fit the current lore and touch up campaigns to fit current stuff. As well as have new type of conversation cutscenes etc. Then, either because they were told to make it cheaper or because of the community backlash, they decided to just do an asset swap of the original. How boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Funny thing is Reforged is mostly fine....The problems ended up post release IE the promises they made not happening with the graphics and custscenes, Blizzard owning the rights to any maps you make, and OG Warcraft 3 getting every shitty change reforged got whether they liked it or not. As for the game/campaign itself its mostly..."Fine"
    "Fine" as in still more buggy than the original.

They can. but they won't.

you didn't see the D2 counterpart yet, bro
    i'm not willing to risk it, warcraft 3 is somehow dead to me...
    if find remakes make all the good memories original brought fade away somehow

god be merciful with those who gonna watch Netflix's Cowboy Bebop
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

The thing about trust is that you only get to squander it once.

I bet there would be still enough of naive people preordering to make tons of money on them, LOL.

If the new leadership wants to win back some goodwill of the customer and show that they give a shit about old Blizzard games, yeah.

But realistically speaking, they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's shareholders involved. Unless they whip out the calculator and find out it'll bring them a large sack of money, chances are absolutely zero they would remake reforged.

Also, 'D2 will be better handled than WC3RF' is a dogshit reason to preorder D2. Just don't. Super cool you can do a beta test for a weekend, but if the game goes DOA then it'll be another 40 euro's in down the toilet.

Don't preorder anything. It's like buying plant seeds in the winter with the premise it'll grown into the most beautiful flowers ever during summer. See the plant first and then buy the plant.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2021-08-13 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    "Fine" as in still more buggy than the original.
    Fine doesn't mean good...some of the issues are SLIGHTLY fixable

Redo Graphics and Story: would take a LOT of effort and fans might not be happy with outcome
    Remove clause that Blizzard owns whatever you make: Good for PR but Acti/Blizz doesn't want to take a chance at the next DOTA slipping through their fingers
    Merging Original WC3 with Reforged: ....by all accounts if they have the ability to do this they absolutely should but they decided "oh no we shouldn't split the playerbase" so we probably wont see that

Just gonna say pulling an FF14 on this isn't going to happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If the new leadership wants to win back some goodwill of the customer and show that they give a shit about old Blizzard games, yeah.

But realistically speaking, they won't.
    Yeah shareholders are going to see the disaster of the previous attempt, shrug, and do nothing...wont matter what the devs want.