Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sure they can, will they ? no.

Ofcourse they can, and ofcourse they won't. There is simply not enough money to be made which is why it was being neglected in the first place. Maybe if the RTS genre makes a huge comeback at some point, but even then they might just make another Starcraft instead.

As of now we know that Blizzard is making some Warcraft mobile games, its probably going to be their alternative of making new RTS games.

What for, do you expect them to make a completely new game? Or pehaps you think if they redo the cinematics it would somehow make it 10000% better game?

I mean missing features are one thing, but at the core it would be essentially the same game as it is now.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

They could but they wont. Having integrity and making good products is bad for business apparently.

Obviously they can. The chance that they want is close to zero, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    And let's not celebrate D2 just yet. Warcraft III Reforged looked really good at first, too. And then it didn't.
    So much this. D2 has already been confirmed not to have ladders when the game releases and that it'll be released later. It's very, very reminiscent of WC3 reforged
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2021-08-13 at 06:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Can? Yes.

Will? Absolutely not. Why would they? Waste of money.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    that's funny you say that because I always thought reforged looked bad and cheap from the get go. the only good thing about reforged was the intro cinematic...

never understood the high expectations, the art was so completely off imo
    the art was definitely off, but i was on board because i thought it'd be kind of cool to see warcraft in a different art style

if only the people they outsourced to design it werent completely oblivious to very obvious crucial RTS fundamentals like distinguishable silhouettes

and, y'know, the inability to go beyond 30 FPS and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I'm talking about completely scrapping the current game because we all know it's garbage and creating a worthy Warcraft III Remaster that has the same love and care put into it like it's D2 counterpart.

Is this possible? Is there even a 5 percent chance?
    They probably didn't want to make WC3:R in the first place, remaking a remake is not profitable enough for them. Chances are on the negative side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they could, but I'd wager there would be no one around to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    What for, do you expect them to make a completely new game? Or pehaps you think if they redo the cinematics it would somehow make it 10000% better game?

I mean missing features are one thing, but at the core it would be essentially the same game as it is now.
    If they didn't do a lot of the post launch shit this would of just been a crappy remaster that everyone just kinda shrugged off like the XBOX Conker's Bad Fur Day or the 3DS Zelda games

but they broke the cardinal rule and fucked with the original.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if WC3 isn't that popular Blizzard could save some face by putting the team from D2R on the Reforged mess and get them to fix it just to show people they actually give a fuck, but they won't.

Can: Yes, they have the right to do it.

Will they: No, they won't.

Actually i think that they won't do anything, because they want the Reforged-desaster to be forgotten.

Blizzard apparently made a ton of money on preorders that it made executives scared of pushing back the date and having to potentially allow refunds. If they didn't get a ton of pre-orders, executives wouldn't have been that spooked. What executives didn't realize is that they would have to refund the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Warcraft III Reforged looked really good at first, too. And then it didn't.
    It did not look good at all what so ever at first. First images and videos they had did not capture the visual essence of what made Warcraft III so appealing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not like if wouldn't be profitable, giving Warcraft III proper remaster would be huuuge boost to reputation for new bosses. And reputation is what Blizzard currently desperately needs.

Also all remasters are done - Starcraft, WIII (kinda) and now DII. Rest either doesn't need remaster or it was done through GoG.

No realistic hopes on this one.

I've literally refunded twice now; first on preorder when we all got signs of it being shit, and second time when I jumped into modding and rebought for the sake of modding, and then the Bloomberg article came out and I couldn't even keep the game without feeling uncomfortable about the whole situation.

It's all on Blizzard to rectify their mistake, or simple leave it as is. I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I mean, they could, but I'd wager there would be no one around to buy it.
    This. I don't think even restoring it to basic "WC3 functionality" would suddenly get people buying WC:R again. Sure it'd save some face, but honestly there isn't much noise about reforged anymore outside of when other bad things happen at blizz. They'd have to go all out to create a totally revamped experience which is a huge gamble.

While the new models had silhouete issues and their style was kinda iffy for some, I do have to say the amount of work that went into those was admirable. Unlike the original, they didn't just color swap minor variants of models, but rather made each individual creep model unique and different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    There's shareholders involved. Unless they whip out the calculator and find out it'll bring them a large sack of money, chances are absolutely zero they would remake reforged.

Also, 'D2 will be better handled than WC3RF' is a dogshit reason to preorder D2. Just don't. Super cool you can do a beta test for a weekend, but if the game goes DOA then it'll be another 40 euro's in down the toilet.

Don't preorder anything. It's like buying plant seeds in the winter with the premise it'll grown into the most beautiful flowers ever during summer. See the plant first and then buy the plant.
    Or better yet at this point don't even buy Blizzard products. The company is a mess. Their abuse has gotten workers killed. They neglect human rights with Hong Kong and favor Chinese principles over American. They have abandoned their consumers. They release a broken beyond comprehension product in WC3 Reforged. Their most anticipated releases are games from 10+ years ago that they still manage to make worse. Their metric for success is no longer if you enjoy the product but analytical data such as unique logins and profit per user from MTX. They drive their business from a shareholder first approach instead of a customer first approach. They disregard supporting their products and their customers in favor of eliminating their great customer support representatives. There is many more reasons beyond these for what they are not longer a company you can trust.

Forget preordering, why are you even doing business with them at this point?

I love the intellectual properties and their old games. My first Blizzard game was Blackthorne in like 96' on the SNES. But yeah, its time to put the company out to pasture like I did years ago with Jagex. They are actually worse than Jagex at this point ironically.