Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    So, it's probably safe to assume there's not going to be any more WoW content in 2021

    Given how long it took 9.1 to launch, and I've read several sources saying there is no work being done on WoW right now, I'm guessing it's a safe assumption that we won't have any more WoW content in 2021?

    I gotta say, I was honestly digging Shadowlands at launch. Crazy how off-track everything has gotten...

  2. #2
    It's pretty safe to say we don't know anything about wow's future right now.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,531
    The sources you're mentioning hasn't said that there's not being any work done on wow right now. Not sure if you've misunderstood or just manipulating what the sources claims to fit this agenda of yours..?

    Anyway, regardless of the recent drama, I doubt that anyone expected 9.2 or even 9.1.5 to release this year. Would be a pretty big surprise if it did. You can just unsub though if you don't enjoy the game. Or just not play and hop back in when there's something new, if you want. It's not actually a big deal at all.
    Hi

  4. #4
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    31,184
    Hard to say how everything is going to affect schedules. There might be a 9.2 before the end of the year. PTR will certainly be up before 2022. My sense is that the attitude in Irvine among the teams will be to double down on getting stuff done. A lot depends on who remains to be pushed out for whatever reasons. No one will be preparing for, setting up and attending a Blizzcon so that's likely a week gained right there. It wouldn't bother me a whole lot if Blizzard needs to do a thorough housecleaning and that ends up delaying things. A not great outcome short-term; better outcome over the long run.

    The tweet about "no work being done right now" was on the day (Friday I think) after the lawsuit dropped. Probably true then for that day and the weekend. Sort of ridiculous to assume that it applies now, weeks later. After they did their walk-out I'm thinking that everyone got back to work.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-08-13 at 08:25 PM.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    There's already hints of a 9.1.5 patch being deployed on the PTR realm, so uh...

    It would be pretty weird to assume that a company would lay down work just because of a bit of a temporary media shitshow.

    Lots of companies go through those, but none of them stop working...
    They literally said no work is being done, and Alex Klontzas blamed the Cosby situation on players who were outraged by this. You're not wrong in your thinking but you're wrong to think blizzard thinks the same.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The sources you're mentioning hasn't said that there's not being any work done on wow right now. Not sure if you've misunderstood or just manipulating what the sources claims to fit this agenda of yours..?

    Anyway, regardless of the recent drama, I doubt that anyone expected 9.2 or even 9.1.5 to release this year. Would be a pretty big surprise if it did. You can just unsub though if you don't enjoy the game. Or just not play and hop back in when there's something new, if you want. It's not actually a big deal at all.
    A .5 patch is rather realistic in 4 months. The scope is usually way smaller so I think something in october/november is very much realistic, especially given the content schedule of their competitors. 9.2 is certainly not hitting this year anymore though.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  7. #7
    Yea... sure... nobody is working on wow... Where do they thing their pay check comes from?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The sources you're mentioning hasn't said that there's not being any work done on wow right now. Not sure if you've misunderstood or just manipulating what the sources claims to fit this agenda of yours..?

    Anyway, regardless of the recent drama, I doubt that anyone expected 9.2 or even 9.1.5 to release this year. Would be a pretty big surprise if it did. You can just unsub though if you don't enjoy the game. Or just not play and hop back in when there's something new, if you want. It's not actually a big deal at all.
    I don't have any "agenda" here; I just read in multiple places (quotes here, on reddit, and some tweets) that there literally wasn't any work being done at the moment.

    I WILL say that people would've ABSOLUTELY expected 9.2 to drop this year, if 9.1 hadn't been so long in the tooth. Given they were likely working on 9.1 content before Shadowlands even launched, it paints a fairly grim timeline. It's absolutely "a big deal" for an MMO.

    Don't get me wrong, though; I'm not here to bash on Blizzard or WoW. In fact, the reason I'm personally bummed is that I actually *do* want to play more WoW, but it doesn't feel like 9.1 really added much content (or rather, content I'm personally into, I suppose). But as someone who checks WoW news pretty religiously, and have for many years now, I'm just getting the feeling that there probably aren't going to be any cool new updates, or even a bunch of crazy datamining going on, until either the end of the year, or early next year.

    Definitely not a pleasant state of things.

  9. #9
    even if there is a 9.1.5 there has been way too little content in the 1 year to be acceptable.

  10. #10
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    31,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I don't have any "agenda" here; I just read in multiple places (quotes here, on reddit, and some tweets) that there literally wasn't any work being done at the moment.
    That was weeks ago though and while much forum nonsense was made about it no one should be implying that there's no work going on weeks later. That was the implication, intended or not. I mostly agree with the rest of it but I said my piece about that upthread a bit. One natural reaction to this will be to ignore the ongoing drama at the upper management level and get busy with what they have on their tasklists and schedules. We may see a 9.2 this year and maybe not. I'm still thinking they'll get a 9.2 PTR up before Christmas. Just how much before remains to be seen.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  11. #11
    They probably started working again. I would be surprised if 9.2 drops early Q1 2022. I'd guess more like very late Q1 2022 or early/mid Q2 2022. Expect content drought throughout the entire lifespan of Shadowlands.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Yea... sure... nobody is working on wow... Where do they thing their pay check comes from?
    cubicle crawls more than likely.

  13. #13
    It's not like they all just sitting on their ass coloring their hair purple and changing their names to Karen. They have a job to do else a boot to the bum on the way out the door would follow.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  14. #14
    So you think nobody is working anymore? In America? They just sit around talking all day about the lawsuit...

  15. #15
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,414
    The way I see it, there might be a 9.1.5 in ~October, which might include a mini-raid. And that would be a best case scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not really retconning though. There's plenty we didn't know from WC3 - a story which is just about 20 years old. The Jailer is the backbone of that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's interesting how a character that didn't exist back then could be the backbone of the story. Guess that story must have been an invertebrate then.

  16. #16
    I’m expecting 9.2 to be kind of light on content. New raid, seasonal affix, etc, but maybe no new zone or rep.

    9.1 had quite a bit for a x.1 patch though so maybe that’s ok as long as 9.2 comes out by late November/early December.

    A new raid only used to be enough for WoW players for a new patch, but I have a feeling it will get crucified if that is all that comes out.

  17. #17
    we'll, we will run out of renown to farm in 10 weeks orso. it's not unreasonable to expect something to happen then.

  18. #18
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Given how long it took 9.1 to launch, and I've read several sources saying there is no work being done on WoW right now, I'm guessing it's a safe assumption that we won't have any more WoW content in 2021?

    I gotta say, I was honestly digging Shadowlands at launch. Crazy how off-track everything has gotten...
    Well 9.1 took 8 months, and there is only 4 months left in the year so yeah... No 9.2 this year. But we will likely get 9.1.5.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    They literally said no work is being done, and Alex Klontzas blamed the Cosby situation on players who were outraged by this. You're not wrong in your thinking but you're wrong to think blizzard thinks the same.
    No work on that day, not that no work has been done for the last 2 weeks....

    Also have you got a link on Alex blaming the players for the Cosby situation?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    A .5 patch is rather realistic in 4 months. The scope is usually way smaller so I think something in october/november is very much realistic, especially given the content schedule of their competitors. 9.2 is certainly not hitting this year anymore though.
    I guess it's time for another round of "let's put next patch date 50 years from now and call it realistic".

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I don't have any "agenda" here; I just read in multiple places (quotes here, on reddit, and some tweets) that there literally wasn't any work being done at the moment.

    I WILL say that people would've ABSOLUTELY expected 9.2 to drop this year, if 9.1 hadn't been so long in the tooth. Given they were likely working on 9.1 content before Shadowlands even launched, it paints a fairly grim timeline. It's absolutely "a big deal" for an MMO.

    Don't get me wrong, though; I'm not here to bash on Blizzard or WoW. In fact, the reason I'm personally bummed is that I actually *do* want to play more WoW, but it doesn't feel like 9.1 really added much content (or rather, content I'm personally into, I suppose). But as someone who checks WoW news pretty religiously, and have for many years now, I'm just getting the feeling that there probably aren't going to be any cool new updates, or even a bunch of crazy datamining going on, until either the end of the year, or early next year.

    Definitely not a pleasant state of things.
    Well, if by work you mean development work, then perhaps there isn't any. But there's quite a lot of work still being done to wow. Everything from hotfixes, support, technical stuff and so on. And the guy on twitter did say that there's "almost no work", I believe, not that there's none at all?
    Hi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •