Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

WoW Bard Class Concept

Google Doc link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Introducing the next possible WoW Class, the Bard! This is my second class concept with the Necromancer being the first. As usual, it takes me forever to make these and they're a giant waste of time, haha. But for some really strange reason, I love to make them and actually find it fun. The Bard was a lot more difficult for me to do compared to my Necromancer concept. Not to mention, art and visuals were also much more difficult to find. I'm very proud of the end result and can possibly tweak the concept again in the future based off any feedback I receive.

If you actually did read everything, please let me know! Leave any comments, suggestions, feedback, and also...criticism!
    All opinions are welcome. Also, please share this concept with any of your friends who are Bard fans! Thank You!
    -Amunrasonther

If you'd like to contact me and leave comments or feedback outside of mmo-champion, please email me at wownecromancy@gmail.com

*I do not claim ownership over any art contained in this document!

Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2021-02-19 at 03:10 PM.

Hilariously imbalanced mess.

What I don't understand is why people who want bard in the game can't grasp the fact that it will never work.

1) their dps is trash and they are full support

-either overpowered and mandatory (this guy thinks that some of these abilities are ok LOL)
    -or small shit buffs that don't do anything and no one plays one.

2) they are a "full dps" with ghetto support abilities

-the dps they bring is good and the support is good (over powered)
    -the dps they bring is good and the support is garbage (might as well just be another dps class)

The "support role" does not work in wow, unless they reformat dungeons, raids, specs to have MORE support classes/specs than one. Run a RIFT style game where you could run 1-1-1-2.

It's a pretty good effort.

First of all, if I had even one of these dresses ingame that some of these pictures that are displaying. "I would be so happy." Really want to see that in the future of WoW sometime down the road, running dungeons and raids in gorgeous gowns. (flowing) Any class.

Anyways, those passives seem pretty OP to me. Instrument passives reminds me of Paladin auras in a sense. The reason I would feel it would be OP is because you are adding in an additional move. That's like giving a Paladin an additional move when they are speced into a certain aura.

Wondering why you chose those characters for Loresong.

The mounts are ok. I personally would prefer a sugar glider looking critter over a flying squirrel. I'm not sure why there is house cat as a mount ..but it doesn't look bad.

I couldn't tell if this was legitimate or not, but I felt like someone put effort into making it all. So was just saying a few things. I'm not sure how warmly a bard class would be received in the Warcraft universe. I did play a bard on another game a long time ago. I would need to agree with others that it is usually a very heavy support class. (Usually providing buffs and curses, we don't have much of curses in this particular game. Weakening defenses on monsters etc.)So I don't entirely mind them, just not entirely sure if they fit into this universe for gameplay. Maybe I didn't catch it, but I don't think you mentioned curses. That is what I pretty much think of instantaneously when I think of Bard. Now imagine having a class that shatters resistance on many different levels. How unbalanced PVP would become on top of it? This is probably why they never went the route of curses. You would need a Bard consistently. It's definitely, infinitely, better than Tinker tho.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-02-09 at 07:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im up for new cloth class. But bard sounds really bad as class concent here in wow lore. It looks cool but maybe for gw or eos.

I like the concept, Can see that you have put a lot of effort into this one. Personally I don't think Bard will fit into WoW, at least at the moment but some of the abilities I can see being cool in game. I do like your idea of minstrel abilities that buff players rather than flat out heal.

I think if we are going to see a new class it will likely be one of the already existing NPC classes that we don't have like, Necromancer, Shadow Hunter, Battlemage etc. (Shadow Hunter / Battle Mage future ideas for you? )

Love the effort and design put in. Was fun to read; obviously reminds me of the Bard in Rift which was fun to play. Hard to fit this class into WoW, but if could definitely work. Looking forward to your next class design.

Wow! I love the amount of thought and effort you put into this, and it's very artistic too. This could be ported in without any changes and work seamlessly!

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post

--- snip ---
    Google Doc link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Introducing the next possible WoW Class, the Bard! This is my second class concept with the Necromancer being the first. As usual, it takes me forever to make these and they're a giant waste of time, haha. But for some really strange reason, I love to make them and actually find it fun. The Bard was a lot more difficult for me to do compared to my Necromancer concept. Not to mention, art and visuals were also much more difficult to find. I'm very proud of the end result and can possibly tweak the concept again in the future based off any feedback I receive.

If you actually did read everything, please let me know! Leave any comments, suggestions, feedback, and also...criticism!
    All opinions are welcome. Also, please share this concept with any of your friends who are Bard fans! Thank You!
    -Amunrasonther

If you'd like to contact me and leave comments or feedback outside of mmo-champion, please email me at wownecromancy@gmail.com

*I do not claim ownership over any art contained in this document!

Very cool, genuinely plausible.
    I haven't read all of it, but of the bits i did read i have only minor comments like the bit in the intro about not seeking recognition, as all bards ever do is to seek recognition. I'd change it up to emphasizing that they never sought it for themselves before, formerly seeking it for whoever they sang about.

Also bonus points for mentioning Murmur, WoW's only true god.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-02-09 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Removed original images.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    What I don't understand is why people who want bard in the game can't grasp the fact that it will never work.
    "What I don't understand is why people who don't want bard in the game can't grasp the fact that it can easily work". See how easily it is to flip this on you?

1) their dps is trash
    Mind telling me the lotto numbers while you're at it, considering you know how much DPS a class that does not exist has?

and they are full support
    They don't have to be.

-the dps they bring is good and the support is good (over powered)
    You mean like... mages? Shamans? Druids? Are they overpowered too? Because they bring good damage and good support (time warp, bloodlust/heroism, battle rez)

-the dps they bring is good and the support is garbage (might as well just be another dps class)
    Like... many of the other dps in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

@Amunrasonther

I really enjoyed reading your concept. I think there are many very good ideas here. A wee bit wonky and all over the place on the power spectrum to say the least, in my opinion (and I would end up with a post as big as yours if I were to comment on all the power imbalances I found), but I can see that you worried more about writing a concise class concept than making sure it's balanced, which I can get behind.

I just think that bards should wear mail, for the reason that the concept is usually seen wearing a combination of leather armor and mail in other fantasy settings, and I think we have enough leather-wearers already, I think we'll all agree.

All in all, I can really see myself enjoying a class with the mechanics you came up with. After it goes through a fine comb or two to tone down ability power. But otherwise, great concept!
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-02-09 at 01:00 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Very cool, genuinely plausible.
    I haven't read all of it, but of the bits i did read i have only minor comments like the bit in the intro about not seeking recognition, as all bards ever do is to seek recognition. I'd change it up to emphasizing that they never sought it for themselves before, formerly seeking it for whoever they sang about.

Also bonus points for mentioning Murmur, WoW's only true god.
    Bro did you really quote the entire 5 page post just to say that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "What I don't understand is why people who don't want bard in the game can't grasp the fact that it can easily work". See how easily it is to flip this on you?

Mind telling me the lotto numbers while you're at it, considering you know how much DPS a class that does not exist has?

They don't have to be.

You mean like... mages? Shamans? Druids? Are they overpowered too? Because they bring good damage and good support (time warp, bloodlust/heroism, battle rez)

Like... many of the other dps in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

@Amunrasonther

I really enjoyed reading your concept. I think there are many very good ideas here. A wee bit wonky and all over the place on the power spectrum to say the least, in my opinion (and I would end up with a post as big as yours if I were to comment on all the power imbalances I found), but I can see that you worried more about writing a concise class concept than making sure it's balanced, which I can get behind.

I just think that bards should wear mail, for the reason that the concept is usually seen wearing a combination of leather armor and mail in other fantasy settings, and I think we have enough leather-wearers already, I think we'll all agree.

All in all, I can really see myself enjoying a class with the mechanics you came up with. After it goes through a fine comb or two to tone down ability power. But otherwise, great concept!
    Are you willfully retarded? The only acceptable balance that can be achieved would be them being a dps class with a pi.

So why would you want that in the game... it wouldn't be a bard... it would be a priest basically. These ideas are pure trash.

A "bard" would literally never work. It would either be complete trash or mandatory. In ever scenario where buffs or deduffs are brought into play.

I know you were trying to be smart and hahah got eeeem but you just showed you haven't stepped out of heroic dungeons if you can think this one through.

All you would get is a watered down dumpster dps with a flute. Grats? Critical thinking... learn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    So why would you want that in the game...
    Because we want to play a bard class.

it wouldn't be a bard...
    In your opinion. But you've demonstrated that you don't care for bards, so your opinion of what constitutes a bard and what doesn't have much value, here.

These ideas are pure trash.
    So are your opinions of those ideas, IMO.

A "bard" would literally never work.
    Demonstrably false, but okay. You're entitled to your opinion.

I know you were trying to be smart
    I don't even have to try, here.

but you just showed you haven't stepped out of heroic dungeons if you can think this one through.
    I think you're confusing me with yourself, there.

Critical thinking... learn it.
    You should learn to take your own advice, first.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-02-09 at 05:28 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    FFXIV. /10char
    And? forward-slash ten characters.

I like your work on this concept.

I can see the Bard going into WoW, but as the 4th Spec for Hunter, not a full class on its own. Should be a Healer spec, which brings more options to the class. I really think that WoW should work on 4th Specs for some classes (it works for Druid, and could make some classes be more popular and fun to play). I was thinking on 3 specs that could fit very good in retail WoW imho:

4th spec to Shaman would be great, the Tank one, it fits really good with the class (shamans were able to "tank" in vanilla-early expansions). Wearing mail, 1h and shield, using defensive earth shields, totems for dmge mitigating (earth), dodge (wind), healing (water)..., AOE aggro with weapon enhance so melee hit jumps between enemies like a chain lighting (Thrall's skill in HoTS). Could be very interesting and bring more popularity to the class.

3th spec to DH would be great too, a Ranged spec (Retail WoW really needs a new ranged spec, since there is no new ranged spec in wow history, only MeleeDPS, Tanks and a Healer). Could use Bow, Crossbow and Gun as weapon, I imagine some kind of ranged with high mobility, demon-vil based magic abilities, slows, leeching, dodge defensive CD, etc...

Finally, 4th spec to Hunter, a Healer spec, the Bard. Some kind of healer-support that works a bit like Disc Priest. Bard can buff, shield and aoe heal with "song" abilities, then he can deal dmge and heal the buffed allies a % of the damage done. Big powerfull aoe CDs for buffing and shielding for raids and M+, a bit of mobility with speed increase CDs and maybe a dash. Could also have an offensive CD which summons a pet who attack the enemies, the damage deal by the pet also heals buffed allies (like Monk's Chi-Ji or Priest shadowfiend).
    WoW Player 2005-2014 2016-2021
    TBC > Vanilla > WotLK=Cata=Legion > MoP > Shadowlands > BfA > WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    While this concept is very well done, I think the comments show why having a prominent lore character to represent the class concept is very important. Folks saying this is more fitting for another game are mainly doing so because there’s nothing anchoring this concept in WoW.

It's pretty telling about a person what said person will just rubbish your idea because it isn't ideal for WoW. What they don't get is that this is fan work and shows someones love and dedication to their hobby. While I personally don't see support classes becoming a thing in WoW again I think you've done a bang up job expressing this class.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2021-02-09 at 03:09 PM.
    RETH