Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's obvious that Blizzard has crippling managerial problems, as for the past several years they've proven incapable of releasing games.

• HotS was put into maintenance mode.
    • Titan languished in development hell for years and years until Overwatch was salvaged out of it.
    • D3's second expansion was cancelled.
    • D4 is in development hell and it's director has been sacrificed
    • OW2 is in development hell and it's director left
    • Blizzard's incubation unit hasn't released anything.
    • All other Blizzard games are outsourced to mixed results (SC1 remaster being decent, WC3 Reforged being neglected by Blizzard, rushed, and given too little budget, Diablo Immortal is in development hell).
    • WoW dev team took 7 months to release a barebones content patch.

The last year and a half of WoW has been brutal. In the span of 20 months, Blizzard has only managed to 1. release the most barebones expansion in the history of the game (only 4 questing zones, no post game questing content, no reputation storylines, only 1 raid at launch, no side activities like brawlers guild/scenarios/island expeditions/warfronts), and 2. release one of the most barebones content patches in the history of the game.

I doubt Blizzard is going to be able to put out another content patch before FFXIV 6.1 hits. At this rate, I wonder if WoW 10.0 will be able to come out before FFXIV 7.0 comes out. If there is a WoW 9.3 then there is no way they'll beat that deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    There's already hints of a 9.1.5 patch being deployed on the PTR realm, so uh...

It would be pretty weird to assume that a company would lay down work just because of a bit of a temporary media shitshow.

Lots of companies go through those, but none of them stop working...
    we were told there would be no .5 patches in sl so im not sure where that rumor came from

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I guess it's time for another round of "let's put next patch date 50 years from now and call it realistic".
    I guess you will pretend they release it tomorrow again until they finally do?
    The person I quoted said it the .5 patch won't likely hit this year anymore, which I doubt given they have 4 months for it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    It's not like they all just sitting on their ass coloring their hair purple and changing their names to Karen. They have a job to do else a boot to the bum on the way out the door would follow.
    Hopefully, because the development of WoW right now is a pretty big joke. I really don't care about their workplace environment (i don't defend it, it's an abomination what happened there, i just don't care), but blizzard should finally get their shit together and fix it so that development can fully continue. Because i'm really not interested in some kind of Drama-Shit, i just want them to work on the patch; because what we have right now is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I don't have any "agenda" here; I just read in multiple places (quotes here, on reddit, and some tweets) that there literally wasn't any work being done at the moment.
    If you don't have any agenda you must not be very bright.

Yes, a dev tweeted that no work is being done, right after everything went public and employees were staging massive protests. "Right now" is the key phrase here, which kind of clearly defines the time at which no work is being done (hint: that does not mean weeks or months most probably), it clearly referred to the time when the drama erupted and was at its peak. It's understandable that everything came to a standstill for some time.

People will just misconstrue everything they can, be it on purpose or not. It's hard to even blame the dev for making a comment that can be interpreted wrong because everything can, if someone wants to.

There are hotfixes being rolled out every day and there are signs of 9.1.5 coming to PTR. So yes, they are working on their games, they just had a brief moment (described by right now that they weren't due to shock and protests). This does not mean that WoW gets deleted, sorry to crush your hopes.

As for the time it will take for us to get 9.2 - who even knows, might be late 2021, or early 2022. Previous patch having lasted like 8 months, I'd say 6 months for this one is not outside the realm of possibility. It really depends how much of 9.2 is done already.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    we were told there would be no .5 patches in sl so im not sure where that rumor came from
    Source on that please. From what I remember they explicitly mentioned that they want to add bonus features such as torghast leveling in 0.5 patches. They wouldn't have said that if these patches weren't planned.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

But we've literally had a 9.0.5 already...

And it's not a rumor, it's datamined strings referencing 9.1.5.

No we werent?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's obvious that Blizzard has crippling managerial problems, as for the past several years they've proven incapable of releasing games.

• HotS was put into maintenance mode.
    • Titan languished in development hell for years and years until Overwatch was salvaged out of it.
    • D3's second expansion was cancelled.
    • D4 is in development hell and it's director has been sacrificed
    • OW2 is in development hell and it's director left
    • Blizzard's incubation unit hasn't released anything.
    • All other Blizzard games are outsourced to mixed results (SC1 remaster being decent, WC3 Reforged being neglected by Blizzard, rushed, and given too little budget, Diablo Immortal is in development hell).
    • WoW dev team took 7 months to release a barebones content patch.

The last year and a half of WoW has been brutal. In the span of 20 months, Blizzard has only managed to 1. release the most barebones expansion in the history of the game (only 4 questing zones, no post game questing content, no reputation storylines, only 1 raid at launch, no side activities like brawlers guild/scenarios/island expeditions/warfronts), and 2. release one of the most barebones content patches in the history of the game.

I doubt Blizzard is going to be able to put out another content patch before FFXIV 6.1 hits. At this rate, I wonder if WoW 10.0 will be able to come out before FFXIV 7.0 comes out. If there is a WoW 9.3 then there is no way they'll beat that deadline.
    Its really amusing when you realise that a company like blizzard has sunk so low that their only game thats performing well and is on track is a childrens card game,ofc people still moan about its monitization but thats a different beast

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I guess you will pretend they release it tomorrow again until they finally do?
    The person I quoted said it the .5 patch won't likely hit this year anymore, which I doubt given they have 4 months for it.
    Yes, you are exactly right. Me making fun of your "realistic prediction", which is minor patch in 4 months and 9.2 who know when means exactly that - I expect patch tomorrow every day.

Patches stay on PTR ~2.5 months. If theres lot to fix little longer, for minor patches little shorter. Anything beyond that is just pure imagination, nothing realistic behind that. I doubt any realistic prediction is even possible in current situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you crazy? there will be the most intense inclusive and sensitive content it ever happened in game industry, they have to do that to grab that media trying to hide under the rug that is happening and/or saying they have changed now.

They are probably working on that right now for the next expansion, so i do think shadowlands will get a heavy cut more or less like WoD and finish on a 9.2 at best.

Of course there's work going on now, after the walkout. Do you see the employees sat outside refusing to be productive? I sure don't.

The fanbase surrounding Blizzard games have this odd disability when it comes to understanding that time moves forward and the very real people behind the scenes will still earn a paycheck... That, and the gross ignoring of the fact that the world's been in Pandemic-mode for over a year.

The only thing safe to assume is that we don't know shit yet.

Apart from the 9.1.5 that got datamined ofc. But i assume that does not count for 'reasons'.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Which is relevant, how, exactly?

This just in, not everyone playing WoW/being unhappy with WoW gives a shit about FFXIV. Since this is a thread NOT about that game, that's all I'll say of it so don't @ me with derailing warning. It just needed to be said for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Yea... sure... nobody is working on wow... Where do they thing their pay check comes from?
    already paid for by the 6month trap crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The way I see it, there might be a 9.1.5 in ~October, which might include a mini-raid. And that would be a best case scenario.
    They said no mini-raid in Shadowlands, so that's a no go.

As I see it, 9.2 being this year depends on how big it is and if we get a 9.3. If 9.2 is the final content patch before 10.0 then it'll likely be quite massive and likely delayed to next year. If it's not the final patch it will be smaller and a November/early December release is likely.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I don't have any "agenda" here; I just read in multiple places (quotes here, on reddit, and some tweets) that there literally wasn't any work being done at the moment.

I WILL say that people would've ABSOLUTELY expected 9.2 to drop this year, if 9.1 hadn't been so long in the tooth. Given they were likely working on 9.1 content before Shadowlands even launched, it paints a fairly grim timeline. It's absolutely "a big deal" for an MMO.

Don't get me wrong, though; I'm not here to bash on Blizzard or WoW. In fact, the reason I'm personally bummed is that I actually *do* want to play more WoW, but it doesn't feel like 9.1 really added much content (or rather, content I'm personally into, I suppose). But as someone who checks WoW news pretty religiously, and have for many years now, I'm just getting the feeling that there probably aren't going to be any cool new updates, or even a bunch of crazy datamining going on, until either the end of the year, or early next year.

Definitely not a pleasant state of things.
    No, it's actually fair to say, that 9.1 did not add much content, no matter what you prefer. Korthia is a cool zone and the new raid is one of the best I have ever seen (if you ignore the story), but no matter what, there was not much content in that patch, no matter what your preference is.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Which is relevant, how, exactly?

This just in, not everyone playing WoW/being unhappy with WoW gives a shit about FFXIV. Since this is a thread NOT about that game, that's all I'll say of it so don't @ me with derailing warning. It just needed to be said for once.
    It absolutely is relevant. Blizzard has historically timed the releases of their WoW expansions and patches to coincide with the launch and patch dates of their biggest rivals to try to drown out the attention and smother them. Wrath's release was timed to coincide with the launch of Warhammer Age of Reckoning. Cataclysm's release was timed to coincide with the launch of Rift. 4.3's release was timed to coincide with the launch of SWTOR. 5.1's release was timed to coincide with the launch of GW2. And so on.

In recent year, WoW's biggest rival has been FFXIV, and it is no coincidence that for the past few years, Blizzard has been waiting for SE to announce the release date of the next FFXIV patch and expansion before Blizzard announces theirs, which is coincidentally at the same time as the FFXIV release. TBC Classic was even timed to release the same week as FFXIV 5.55. With this pattern, we can easily predict the release window for future WoW patches. FFXIV's next expansion is launching this November and will launch a patch every 3.5 months after. If Blizzard was capable of doing so, they would have launched 9.2 in mid November. Given that it took Blizzard 7 months to produce a single patch, there is no way 9.2 is coming out in 3 months. So that means the earliest date for 9.2 will be in the early Spring, around late Februrary/early March. Blizzard has to contest FFXIV by releasing something then, or else they will allow FFXIV to continue stealing players unmolested while WoW has nothing to show for it. Therefore, 9.2 will come out then.

The real question is what happens after WoW 9.2's release. There is always at least an 8-9 month gap between the last patch of a WoW expansion and the launch of the next expansion. This is unacceptable for Blizzard as FFXIV puts out meaty content patches faster than them. If WoW doesn't axe the expansion at 9.2 and immediately begin working on a 10.0 expansion, then SE will run a victory lap and put out a second expansion before WoW puts out 10.0. The only way I'd imagine we would get a 9.3 is if Blizzard reforms the Blizzard team's production process so they can put out content faster. Maybe they'll do the ArenaNet thing where they make two WoW dev teams that alternate releasing patches, but that'd require the suits to allow for additional investment into WoW when clearly they've been pouring less and less money into it over the years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just have a little patience. I believe they are working. The covid also may slow everything down and the recent events with the lawsuit. To be honest during these two years of pandemic period I noticed being more tired than usual. I think maybe most of people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfbeater View Post
    No we werent?
    sorry that was mini raids my bad

Imagine the content we could have had if there was no covenant but only 1 campaign, that would save up to 3 covenant soulbinds / lair / lego / abilities / etc worth of content