Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Chazus is correct. Especially with bitmap/painting programs... GPUs really dont help much. Its almost all CPU grunt. Those pro level GPUs are for rendering, 3D/CAD, modeling, and things that can take advantage of rasterization power. Individual pixels like a bitmap dont really work that well with those GPUs. And yes, they dropped the “Quadro” branding, but there is still a definite difference in naming convention between the consumer lineup and the pro/prosumer lineup.

And any gaming rig will be sufficient for non-massive Photoshop files. If you’ve got a fast CPU, it should chew up Photoshop and spit it out.

There’s got to be something else going on in the background causing your problems (or, for some reason you’re still running your system from and editing files from a 5400rpm HDD or something.

I this day and age i cant imagine that.
    From the times I worked on very large rasters (several GB of aerial photography, in GIS or CAD softwares), I'd usually run into memory problems or paths problems.

If your system is running from an HDD instead of an SSD thats an easy culprit, especially since your files are much bigger than your RAM...

On the RAM side :
    -check if you don't have apps/process clogging your memory
    -could your RAM be faulty/mismatched/slow?

In your workflow, is your bitmap embedded or external? The latter could slow things, and I've faced problems when paths were too long.

The bitmap format may also be an issue, is it a compressed or uncompressed format?
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

"Gaming PCs" are just powerful PCs; it's not like you need different/more powerful hardware for productivity, especially not for 2D. You can run any Adobe software without a hitch on your setup and are pretty set for 3D as well, if you had such ambitions.

The sluggishness you're experiencing has nothing to do with your computer's raw power. I suspect it might be Gsync triggering in Photoshop and other Adobe software, this is a known issue. What happens is that the refresh rate bounces around heavily which causes extreme lag. Dropbox and Corsair software have the same issues.

Disable Gsync for all Adobe programs or disable Gsync for windowed programs (full-screen only) in the Nvidia control panel. Reboot and your issues should be solved.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2021-09-01 at 08:16 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side