Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Fixed that for you!

Though I find the housing in FFXIV to be a complete waste of time and resources myself.

Remember folks, loud & vocal minorities are just that.
    No, you fixed that for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Yeah...they're an overwhelming minority which is why both these forums and the official forums constantly have threads talking about wanting it. Also, there's a good handful of RP servers that have wanted player housing for years.
    Well, the people who frequent these forums, official forums, Twitter, reddit, etc is indeed an overwhelming minority.

So.. yeah, I guess we agree? Or do you think the people on the forums are a majority..?

To put things in perspective, people having completed a mythic keystone at a +2 or higher level so far this season is also a minority of the playerbase. People who want something in this game has always thought that "sooo many" people want the same. Sure, there are several. But most don't, or doesn't voice their opinion.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Saying that other content will suffer is nothing but a bullshit excuse from Blizzard. They cut content CONSTANTLY regardless, just look at WoD.
    Exactly.

Also all the models are already in the game, they only have to allocate an instanced area for your house and allow customisation in that area. Very few new models and systems need to be created.

It's not the models, it's the controls and the interface. This requires research rather than just cranking to the existing pipeline.
    Saying that other content will suffer is nothing but a bullshit excuse from Blizzard. They cut content CONSTANTLY regardless, just look at WoD.
    Except for the garrison. They did not cut the garrison.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-08-15 at 02:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    They cut anything but the garrison.
    Yeah, because it was the biggest draw of the expansion and if they axed that too then the outrage would have been astronomical. All the did was strip it of features. Remember being able to place your Garrison wherever you wanted? Or naming your followers? They axed those things and WoD was still shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Remember being able to place your Garrison wherever you wanted? Or naming your followers? They axed those things and WoD was still shit.
    Either feature would have succeeded at making the garrison marginally less shit.

So...garrisons and farms isn't enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    If they created player housing it would turn into another garrison cluster, WoW is a game of alts, its not uncommon for someone to have 10 alts they play. Imagine a house for every one of them. Now if we’re talking guild housing then I’m game.
    I think it would be more interesting and functional if it was only one "house" per server. All of your characters on any particular server would share that "house".

Guild housing has multiple problems and they should stay away from that route.

It would need to be primarily cosmetic to distance itself from the awfulness of garrisons, but yes, if I could showcase my other collections and really truly customize it I'm sure I could get as addicted to it as I am for pets/mounts/etc. There are Minecraft houses I sunk months into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    So...garrisons and farms isn't enough...
    The MOP farm wasn't too bad, I did like the progression and rewards there without it being a hub that you spent the majority of your time in. Integrating that wouldn't be bad so long as it felt like a bonus to go back to. Order/covenant halls work better as the actual hub environment because, you know, that's a multiplayer area, you see people going about their business. Those serve different niches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If you think playerhousing costs you a raid tier you are frankly just utterly clueless.
    Yeah a raid tier uses a lot less ressources than player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Well, we've had today's WoW 2 thread, and here's today's player housing thread. All we need now is the flying thread and the tinker thread for today and we can all go home early.
    Yeah, it really sucks when WoW players talk about WoW things they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The MOP farm wasn't too bad, I did like the progression and rewards there without it being a hub that you spent the majority of your time in.
    What would be interesting is to have various 'farms' and/or patches of soil across the world, including highly remote and dangerous places, where players can plant seeds, take care of plants in order to collect materials after a few days or a week.

Beautiful incentive for players to keep trekking out into the open world and get into trouble along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Player Housing would prevent players from going out there, into the open world. Just like Garrisons did, you'd spend most of your time in your Garrison.

Secondly, it would be nothing more than a cosmetic feature. You'd furnish you house and that's about it. There's no much gameplay attached into it, other than roleplaying.

It would be nice, but a massive waste of resources.
    At best, it would a secondary feature but never a main one.
    You would need to get out in the world to collect housing items... And if it was like wildstar then you would have a feature where you can visit other players housing. You would also have a chat channel that would likely get filled with new people chatting wanting to show off what they made "Anyone wanna come check out my plot? I made a giant barbie statue made from Garrosh boots."

And it would be more than a cosmetic feature. It would add a new type of item to the economy that like pets would be useful past the expansion it was added in except it wouldn't be limited in the quantity of an item a person might need. Even if you don't ever touch housing it would still be useful as you could just toss any housing items you get on the ah and make some gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If that is your definition of player housing then every inn keeper fits the bill tbh, they at least tend to have bedrolls on the floor or even actual beds in the back. Really though, Blizzard managed to sell this lie that Garrisons were player housing and sadly people still believe this to this day, but it's missing like all features that you usually find in player housing. At best it was a consoldiated place instead of the fragmented approach of things like they did in MoP, because besides the addition of the profession buildings (which have nothing to do with player housing) it just served to display very limted achievments (the statue spot) and some limited farming (the mine and garden).
    There are multiple achievements spots, and there is also the entire archeology room for showing off artefacts, and possibility to switch guard-races and various seasonal decorations (and you don't have to take them down).

Doesn't change the fact that people mostly ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    There are multiple achievements spots, and there is also the entire archeology room for showing off artefacts, and possibility to switch guard-races and various seasonal decorations (and you don't have to take them down).

Of course, the vast majority of players won't have anything special to show. Only top tier pvpers, raiders or lottery winners will have something that's worth exhibiting and even there people will already have seen the screenshots on Wowhead.

There is no expression in showing off the achievements that everyone already has access to. There's not going to be a Notre Dame built from scratch.

Of course, the vast majority of players won't have anything special to show. Only top tier pvpers, raiders or lottery winners will have something that's worth exhibiting and even there people will already have seen the screenshots on Wowhead.
    True in one sense.

However, people generally have an inflated idea of what others care about, so I'm not sure that any of the categories above would actually attract others, and especially I don't see why people would want to see another person trophies more than once.

There is no expression in showing off the achievements that everyone already has access to. There's not going to be a Notre Dame built from scratch.
    Impressive work - but I don't see how that fits into a game; and I'm sure that some players will use their skills to make less good contents.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Yeah a raid tier uses a lot less ressources than player housing.
    Barely. A raid tier requires new music, new environment models, new skyboxes, new armor, new weapons, new NPC dialogue lines, months of testing(in house and with players).

Housing requires: Creating a system that allows the players to place already existing models, skyboxes and music in a small instanced area. The collection system can be based on the transmog system. Most of the critical testing can be done in house

How can you even compare the two?
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2021-08-15 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Typo

I agree with your point about achievements and transmogs - that's why I kept playing!
    (And I will prob. come back for new expansions for the new achievements)

But I'm not sure of player housing is good for WoW.
    Having a hard time thinking it will be good, because of how Garrisons turned out.

Seeing other people in SW/Org, is a big part of the game for a lot of people..
    And seeing other players daily helps the narrative that it is still a popular game - which keeps people playing as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

I ignored it because I as a Horde player was stuck in a shitty plot filled with mud huts and the area where you were supposed to put archeology artifacts was so dark I couldn't see shit. The MoP archeology hall was much better because each item got its own pedestal and you could actually see them without requiring to zoom in in a dark room. I hope Alliance fared better.

I did use the achievement pedestal but there is like only one in the Horde Garrison as I can remember and there were really few achies you could display.

If WoW gets a housing system I want to decide what style the house will have and what style of furniture and garden it should have, and not be shoehorned into another goddamn Orc hut. The whole point about a housing system is to make the house you want. Garrisons didn't give us that choice at all. Not even choice of location, all of the choices were axed early in development.

I dont think housing will work in wow and that is because it must be something that will be supported for more than 1 expansion and blizz doesnt really do that,how many features you see being full supported throught all expansions so far???
    Lets have a small example,first edition of player housing (Lidl version ) was garrisons and they had nice features like monuments to display your greatest achievements and a room for your archeology trophies,now how many monuments and trophies you placed from legion,bfa and sl era?
    Think about it,player housing is a feature that blizz needs to update constantly and blizz is bad at that (mission tables).In the end of the day it will die out.
    Blizzard wont spend time and resources on a feature that is destine to fail !
    Im not against it ! hell i already have a house of my own (lol) in Ironforge that is empty and has a bed and chairs :P but i dont see it happening.