The title of a thread is not edited fully after you edit it.

It appears edited INSIDE the thread but not in the forum listing. I might have seen that reported years ago though so I don't know if you have any control on fixing things of that nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually a byproduct of somebody racing against the clock to post as many threads as they can with little to not actual substance to them. A good way to prevent this is slowing down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The easiest path to resolution there is to PM a moderator of the subforum you're in and ask them to edit the thread title. I've done this several times, myself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The easiest path to resolution there is to PM a moderator of the subforum you're in and ask them to edit the thread title. I've done this several times, myself.
    So I guess nobody has control on the code of the forum. I think I remember mods can do it manually every time but I hoped there could be more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, unless that mod calls you a liar when you try to explain that it doesn’t work on the average user’s end.
    I can't speak to your specific incident, but I think there's a brief window in which changes you make to your thread OP will also amend the title, but that window is brief and after it passes the name is essentially "locked" and can only be edited by a subforum moderator or higher. I don't know if this has always been the case, either; but I know it is now (as I just fixed the OP's issue above). Could also not be the same for every subforum in these forums, either; I don't really have control over that myself. The global moderators and/or site admins could likely tell you more.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I guess an argument could be made that it protects the forum from someone trolling it with a new title though it sounds unimportant since they could troll it with an edited text if someone clicks to go in it anyway.
    In any case: if it takes a few seconds to change it normally then it probably has a setting somewhere, and it's less than an hour I bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an intentional setting. Except for a short window immediately after thread creation users are not permitted to edit thread titles. If you need a title changed, you can PM a mod of that forum and request it. If it is less urgent (say, a typo that is bothering you), you can also report your OP and ask it to be fixed in the report reason.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |