Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I've browsed this particular sub-forum for years but never cared much to post there until recently. I feel compelled to provide feedback that I believe there is an overwhelming hostile nature towards anyone who posts dissenting opinions & thoughts. And it seems as if posters intentionally label aspects of posts in a particular manner so that it can be flagged for moderation. I don't believe this fosters a healthy social environment and it may even prevent forum users from providing their opinions on matter for fear of hostile responses, accusations, and possible moderation at the behest of those who don't like what you have to say.

I think it's important that this topic be known as I find it's a disturbing observation. I will continue to engage with the community in an neutral and un-hostile manner in an attempt to cultivate a healthier social atmosphere.

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is hostility towards dicks.

That is all.

You are asking for a safe-space, so you wouldn't be judged for your shitty takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're getting banned, it's because you're breaking site rules on conduct, not because other posters responded negatively to your posts.

There's a ton of users here who hate me. I very rarely get infracted, because I know where the lines are drawn, and I make an effort to stay on the right side of them. I'm not perfect and I cross that line occasionally and I'll take those infractions as deserved, but it isn't because there's a ton of users frothing about me and my ideological stances.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    I've browsed this particular sub-forum for years but never cared much to post there until recently. I feel compelled to provide feedback that I believe there is an overwhelming hostile nature towards anyone who posts dissenting opinions & thoughts. And it seems as if posters intentionally label aspects of posts in a particular manner so that it can be flagged for moderation. I don't believe this fosters a healthy social environment and it may even prevent forum users from providing their opinions on matter for fear of hostile responses, accusations, and possible moderation at the behest of those who don't like what you have to say.

I think it's important that this topic be known as I find it's a disturbing observation. I will continue to engage with the community in an neutral and un-hostile manner in an attempt to cultivate a healthier social atmosphere.

Thank you.
    This is a good start my friend, but you need to think bigger if you want this issue truly dealt with. Instead of whining about this on here, you need to whine about it to your local congressman. Maybe they can get MMOC added to the list of Big Tech firms that are persecuting people of your political persuasion. The nerve of all these people who think they have the right to express their own opinion and disagree with your opinion, how dare they.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    This is a good start my friend, but you need to think bigger if you want this issue truly dealt with. Instead of whining about this on here, you need to whine about it to your local congressman. Maybe they can get MMOC added to the list of Big Tech firms that are persecuting people of your political persuasion. The nerve of all these people who think they have the right to express their own opinion and disagree with your opinion, how dare they.
    It's simply feedback. And to the contrary of what you are implying, I am not against people outright disagreeing with any opinions or thoughts, it's just the manner in which its done and how dissenting opinions & thoughts are classified & pigeon-holed in order to invite moderation in their direction of bias that's a bit disturbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of whiny about people not agreeing with their shitty views after posting about "the left hurting freedom of expression".

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    The irony of whiny about people not agreeing with their shitty views after posting about "the left hurting freedom of expression".
    Seems like they're complaining about the manner of discourse rather than being disagreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When you espouse racist rhetoric that’s going to get a pretty vehement response. Crying about it after is just sad.
    When you report racist posts that are the type of posts that certain posters and their pet mods on the forums enjoy, nothing is done.

It's pretty odd that the second you bring up a race related comment that destroys the narrative of a thread you get infracted for race/gender forbidden topics even though said thread starts "Black people are getting killed by police", "white privilege xxxxxx", or some nonsense about women being oppressed which means said thread should have been closed from the start.

So yes, if you're against what the OP said, you're crying about getting called out about your racist rhetoric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    There is hostility towards dicks.

That is all.

You are asking for a safe-space, so you wouldn't be judged for your shitty takes.
    Clearly, there are a lot of dicks. It's a bi-partisan thing apparently. How hard is it to just be nice? Walk away from anyone who wants to start a fight instead of a discussion. Report anything that breaks site rules. What's really helpful to keep people out of infractions is that if you must answer never directly address the person you're answering. Just make the argument without bothering to tell anyone what you think of them. Works wonders.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-08-14 at 04:53 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm pretty sure none of the above is happening.
    It most certainly is. Actually it's the entirety of GEN-OT and one of the "five people" is a mod themselves along with a former mod. They sit and rant about topics that are forbidden on the forums(gender, race, sexuality, etc) and then the second you call them on lies and bigotry they're spewing, they report you and YOU get infracted for forbidden topics while nothing happens to them or the thread.

Points that were once addressed...with patiently and painstakingly thought out responses that get ignored and rebutted with cheap rhetoric do little that encourage a tolerant approach to an opposing opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    invite moderation in their direction of bias that's a bit disturbing.
    Then why try to do exactly that by creating this thread?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It's simply feedback. And to the contrary of what you are implying, I am not against people outright disagreeing with any opinions or thoughts, it's just the manner in which its done and how dissenting opinions & thoughts are classified & pigeon-holed in order to invite moderation in their direction of bias that's a bit disturbing.
    Welcome to the internet....

The forums would be a better place if everyone watched this:

you keep characterizing sexist/racist takes as simple "dissenting opinions and thoughts". They pigeon hole themselves into what their opinions are, racist and sexist. Stop whining that dicks are being called out for being dicks.

No. Every time a forum opens up a politics section, it's filled with the same hatred, bile, and vehemence. Every time. Especially in today's climate, where apparently everybody hates everybody and we'd all be better off if we never had to interact with one another again.

Sounds like you posted something vile and offensive, were called out on it, and are now trying to set up a "safe haven", where you can act exactly as you like, and everyone else gets classified as the villain (yep, reviewing your posts shows that's exactly what happened. Again, no. We don't need that here.

And you expect the moderators here to handle something of that nature correctly? Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah ... Sorry, ran out of breath. The same mods who target and infract certain posters for even touching their keyboards and give others a free pass to burn down every orphanage they see? Not gonna happen here.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Points that were once addressed...with patiently and painstakingly thought out responses that get ignored and rebutted with cheap rhetoric do little that encourage a tolerant approach to an opposing opinion.
    It's much easier to be outright hostile and intolerant toward opposing viewpoints. People here shout one another down for sport, derailing any chance at actual discourse. Those lacking emotional maturity are easy to spot, especially in the replies to this thread.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Just stop posting and reading that section and move discussions elsewhere. Trust me, you are better off.

This website has always had shit-tier moderation, more so when it comes to that sub-forum. This is nothing new.

If you can't stand the feedback to your postings, don't post. If you want an echo chamber, go to Gab or Parler.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure what it expected from this feedback. Moderators aren't here to make sure everyone is always friendly and cheery and don't criticise other posts, and that would be pretty impossible in such a passionate and volatile area are something in politics. Our job is to make sure discussion can happen and posts fall within the rules of the site.

Since a good chunk of posts in this thread are just complaining about moderation, I'm locking this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |