Would you trade your rogue's "perma-stealth" for...

...have a greater number of Vanishs?

I also play Guild Wars 2 and the thief (the rogue in this game) has an interesting and fun mechanic. Mainly in PVP.
    In GW2 the "rogue" does not have a permanent stealth that would only end when entering combat... but only some skills that if used put you between 4 seconds to 15 seconds in stealth.
    It seems boring and laborious but the advantage is that the Thief has almost a "perma-vanish". In GW2 you can choose 3 specs at the same time from several others that exist for your Thief.

If you choose the "Shadow arts" spec your thief gains stealth in the middle of combat for 4 seconds... just dodge/roll in any direction. Another skill called "Shadow Meld" has about 15 sec cooldown and also gives us 4 secs of stealth. For this not to be fully trolling you spend 50% energy so it's not exactly a perma-vanish. But the energy recovers quickly...

I ask you: Would you like that in the future of WoW there was the possibility that Rogue could also sacrifice stealth without time limit for skills that allow him to vanish most of the time?

p.s: In GW2 the Thief can choose a spec called "dead eye" that allows him to swap the daggers for a long-range rifle.
    And keep the vanish skills... yeah... just imagine.

(Sorry for something wrong. English is not my first lenguage)
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-08-14 at 08:34 PM.

I mean, I don't not like how the GW2 thief plays but in terms of WoW gameplay it would be a strange fit.
    So no, IMO, stealth is fine the way it is.

Nah, man. Thief stealth is IMO very well implemented and fits well into gw2 playstyle with the combo fields and all but I don't think it would fit well in wow. However, ever since I played gw2 I started to think that sub should have much easier access to stealth (real stealth, not shadowdance) while in combat. Imagine having a skill with a reasonable cd that would put you in stealth while in combat for a few seconds and that you could integrate into the rotation. Just like thief dagger 5. Whould have been sweet when backstab was from the back only

I always hated the design of having to use Vanish offensively in a pve rotation. Vanish should be only about exiting combat an run for your life.

i don't think bliz can come up with something new its just best to give us back our wod performance on sub.

- - - Updated - - -

what ever works best that wins is what works.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

No.

Stealth is awesome as it is.

...and perma-vanish sounds OP af in PvP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    ...have a greater number of Vanishs?
    They would never be able to do this in WoW without fundamentally changing how the Rogue works. Rogue openers have historically been incredibly obnoxious for other players to deal with, and there has been plenty of times where Rogues have been able to reliably kill people in their openers (Cataclysm is probably one of the most notorious times for this). Vanish is a versatile cooldown that is used offensively (i.e.: for a Cheap Shot to setup a kill or to proc a legendary effect [Mark of the Master Assassin]) or defensively (i.e.: fight reset, which favors the Rogue). If Vanish were to be something a Rogue could do frequently, then Rogue openers would have to be horrifically nerfed to the point of being inconsequential as a free Garrote or Cheap Shot every 15 seconds in conjunction with Kick and Kidney Shot would be far too powerful.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I dont think stealth will ever make sense outside of using magic. Just regular ass people turning invisible? come on. But I guess thats fantasy

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. I enjoy my stealth.

The thief was okay in GW2 but it is a different sitting than WoW.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If I wanted to play a Thief in FF14 I would go play a Thief in FF14

It's amazing how anybody could, with a straight face, propose such radical changes to a game this old and established

People generally like their character the way it is, and yet Blizzard in their infinite wisdom and a vocal minority of players seem to demand constant change and reinvention in order to stay engaged

The attention span of the modern consumer appears to be quite.... disappointing

What do I know, I'm just a guy that infinitely prefers classic and TBC to retail.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Gw2 stealth is weird imo so no

Pretty easy answer for me - not now, not ever. Use it quite frequently and it would eliminate one of the biggest pluses of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    What do I know, I'm just a guy that infinitely prefers classic and TBC to retail.
    Would explain why you haven't been around to rant and rave as usual.

I found this short video of a Ranger fighting a Thief Deadeye with perma-stealth build (p.s: I like to call it perma-vanish as it looks more like the wow rogue's vanish skill with almost no cooldown..)
    Fortunately for this Ranger, this Thief didn't know how to use combos correctly...

p.s1: The thief is the enemy in this video.
    p.s2: The ranger (Hunter) in GW2 can swap many weapons (like all classes). In this video the Ranger is using Bow and sword.
    p.s3: Yes this Ranger also made a build that gains some stealth sometimes but look at the Thief...

Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-09-02 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never, stealth is what makes this class fun, should they ever remove perma stealth, then I quit Rogue,and since it's the only class I play, it means I quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    If I wanted to play a Thief in FF14 I would go play a Thief in FF14

It's amazing how anybody could, with a straight face, propose such radical changes to a game this old and established

People generally like their character the way it is, and yet Blizzard in their infinite wisdom and a vocal minority of players seem to demand constant change and reinvention in order to stay engaged

The attention span of the modern consumer appears to be quite.... disappointing

You rushed to give this opinion so fast you don't even know what game OP is speaking about so I'd be willing to bet you also put about that much attention into everything else into the post. 0 stars.

OT: I really love how Thief plays in GW2 but I just don't have faith that WoW's engine would let the Rogue play as fluidly as Thief does, but I think now's definitely the time to try to get some reworks in if there ever was one since they're throwing anything at the wall to see what sticks right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, I literally go everywhere stealthed, I don't mount I just walk everywhere like that lol
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Shadowdance ist this in essence. You get a short buff to use stealth skills.

Stealth has no real purpose in group pve because you dont do aggro management anymore and there is barely any targeted attack you could vanish. In reverse having a character that can infinitely reset mob aggro & attacks is potentially breaking encounters if they ever decide to design an encounter with targeted attacks. It simply is just a liability to have something like that. Also in solo pve it likewise breaks due to the stupid "mob reset on aggro loss" coding every mmo does.