10+ Year Old Account

"big" streamers and wow...

just simple question...why suddenly almost all of them playing and streaming FF XIV?..is that now new popular thing after Asmongold start first or what?...I know wow is not in the good state atm, but this is really amazing...They are like rats leaving a sinking ship!!!

Either they're bored of the game, hate the current state the company is in, or just going where the money is going or D: all of the above
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Right now they get more viewers when streaming other games.

They will go back to WoW when (if) the situation reverses.

Sad when streaming is a way of making money. A moronic concept.....and no I have never watched any of them

WoW streamers are very hesitant to stream other games, because most of the time their crowd won't follow.

After Asmon and some other smaller streamers switched to FFXIV and their crowd followed them it bascially opened the flood gates and ppl realized they could stream FFXIV without losing their audience. So instead of streaming WoW without much content they decided to give it a go.
    I think that's a very basic summary of what happened^^

The game sucks as has for years. What you are seeing is the Stockholm syndrome wearing off. Helps that their captors have been increasingly antagonistic to their customers, bad PR from them sexually harassing each other has helped break the spell completely.

What's wrong with a rat leaving a sinking ship? Do you expect them to drown?

It's almost as if there's a mob of rats shouting everyone should go down together with the ship without using the life boats..

Its called bandwagon, right now its cool to play ff14 and hate on wow. Gotta do it too to fish for dem views.

1+ Year Old Account
    People are getting tired of blizzshart not listening to the problems. Situation got worse with devs being increasingly antagonistic towards their customers. The lawsuit was the last straw for some.
    "Lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Either they're bored of the game, hate the current state the company is in, or just going where the money is going or D: all of the above
    or maybe they dont wanna support a rape culture company?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    Sad when streaming is a way of making money. A moronic concept.....and no I have never watched any of them
    Ah yes, it's moronic that you can make money entertaining people. Like, who'd ever want to be entertained!

OT: Bored of WoW, interested in FFXIV, or just doing it for money. Probably a mix of all three honestly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    or maybe they dont wanna support a rape culture company?
    Let's be honest.. It's been happening before that, and people will soon forget about Blizzard's workplace culture problems anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine the people who consistently make these threads about WoW losing players and people jumping ship to Final Fantasy don't actually have an opinion of the game themselves. Perhaps they are too afraid to post a thread saying "I enjoy WoW over FF" or something?

@cronight what is your actual opinion on this matter?

- WoW sucks with long periods of non-content
    - how many times you wanna see clearing M+/Kara/SoD on stream?
    - devs do not care and do not listen
    - PvP is HORRIBLE to watch and hard to understand
    - recent shit about Bli$$ard

FF is currently popular and finally true competition of WoW and devs actually listen to the community.
    ... and btw... i am not even interested in FF at all but i understand why some people are.

Oh what a refreshing and original thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    no different from football, nascar, music, art, etc. it's a form of entertainment. you hating that they make money is more jealous of you than valid criticism.

edit: a lot of people seem to think it's just the bandwagon for now. i'd say it is a bandwagon but not the one they think. it's not the ff14 bandwagon, it's the wow sucks now bandwagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Game vs. Game" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead