Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Because that would be kinda unfair and wider a boosting service?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    If you're in a raid group, why are you alone trying to do quests? Either stop what you're doing or leave the raid
    That's the truth.

And if they don't re-invite you, then there's something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Because that would be kinda unfair and wider a boosting service?

That's the truth.

And if they don't re-invite you, then there's something wrong.
    reading shit like this is frustrating. Just think a bit further.
    Raids consist of groups. Enable groupwide quest progress with or without a raid and that's it. Not rocket science to ignore raid for contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    People doing quests while in a raid are annoying. Either get to the raid or leave it.
    People who are as ignorant as you are annoying. Raids are not only for scheduled guild groups, there are people who pug and need to wait fora long time before the group is full and can't even do dailies because of this stupid limitation.

Just don't comment if you lack basic imagination, ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    For those who don't understand why this restriction is a problem, the biggest issue is pugs. If you're waiting for your raid/RBG group to form (which can easily take half an hour), the option of doing dailies instead of browsing the internet/running circles in Oribos would be welcome.
    If the issue is that Blizzard is afraid that people would actually form huge raid groups to do those quests, they could just make it so that only your actual party counts for tagging mobs, objectives, etc., and the other groups are basically treated as players from outside of your group for those purposes.
    This guy gets it. Ignorants please read before making fool of yourself.

If you're in a raid group, why are you alone trying to do quests? Either stop what you're doing or leave the raid
    If I'm forming an RBG it could take about a half hour or more. I want to use my time effectively and not just sit around not able to finish questing.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    You must be an EXTREME minority. I have seen that need for me DAILY.
    You probably don't do much raiding content especially with pugs.
    Dude, you can't make a general statement about a group of people using your personal anecdote and feelings as the only evidence. What you deal with says nothing about the majority, it's only info about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    it's only info about you.
    false. If he sits in a raid waiting to finish everyone else in said raid has the same experience. And you can observe other raids youre competing with for members too.

It's probably a relatively easy fix. If you're in a raid group and a member of the group is within 40 yards then quest progress does not count. That maintains the integrity of 20 ppl not being able to do a quest and speeding through and gives players a chance to do quests while I raid group forms.

I see literally zero reason for why this restriction should remain. If the issue is large groups farming quests, just make it reward less XP the more people are around, starting at 5 players within X distance or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    This was an insanely old restriction that actually made sense back in the vanilla days. There were actually some challenging group quests that were balanced around a 5 man group.

However, these days, where literally 100% of quests are trivial, it just makes it an annoyance. Sometimes you're in a forming up raid and want to knock out some daily quests while waiting, but can't because of this archaic restriction.
    This was still a problem during the what few dailies there were in WoD. You could just join a raid group and stand nearby and get credit, and due to the massive mob no one would notice you weren't pulling your weight.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Frankly just remove that restriction and make it so that you cant get any experience while in a PVE raid so that there is no power leveling that way.
    Probably the best solution I've seen ITT so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

More importantly they need to take a look at which quests give credit while in a raid and which don't. For example the callings are inconsistent in this regard. I can't remember which way around, but the 0/3 quests and 0/100% bar ones have this issue. One of them gives credit for WQs done while in a raid group, the other doesn't. The only WQ this is relevant for is the world boss, because you can't do other WQs while in a raid anyway, so it already gets filtered at that level. No need for the calling itself to care whether you're in a raid or not.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

have people run out of things to complain about?
    i mean, it would be slight QOL improvement... but this should be WAAAAY down on their list of changes to the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never really had the need to do quests while in a raid, and if we need to, then one would leave. I understand the reasoning for having this basic restriction which is good, but I do not believe it is a need, or if so, even that high on the priority to redesign it yet.
    Spotted the guy whos never been waiting for a raid pug to form waiting to fill those damn healer/tank spots.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Spotted the guy whos never been waiting for a raid pug to form waiting to fill those damn healer/tank spots.
    Eh, what? I tend to be waiting too long for people to get ready or get to the raid. I raid on three chars a week, tank, heal, and DPS.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, what? I tend to be waiting too long for people to get ready or get to the raid. I raid on three chars a week, tank, heal, and DPS.
    Then how you can not see the merit/benefit of Op's suggestion to remove said arbitrary barrier to solo content while doing said "waiting..." is quite astonishing to me.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Because there is downtime. And we can multitask. It's incredibly easy to invite people for up to 40 minutes if you know what you're doing so it doesn't hurt to do more stuff at the same time.

it does seem like a bit of an outdated restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Even if you instantly completed all the relevant max level quests it would be utterly irrelevant since all they do is give some minor daily resources and catch up gear.

Frankly just remove that restriction and make it so that you cant get any experience while in a PVE raid so that there is no power leveling that way.
    No. That would make questing stupid. You would join a 40man of "QUICK DAILEEEEESS FAST PUSSSSSSSH!!11!!!!1" group and you'll watch tv.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    I am impressed that this gameplay restriction causes so much annoyance. Maybe once a year, I facepalm and remember to drop a raid membership to complete a quest .... usually it's a daily that I happen to pass by on the way to a portal. Take pride that this restriction stands out in your gameplay while I have so many other game problems ahead of it!
    That implies we all play like you. I raid lead a lot of pugs for example and I keep having to do the easy-ish job of inviting while in a raid group. I get it that in a guild that forms groups in 10 seconds it's not a big deal for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    This restriction makes no sense anymore.
    I don't think it ever did (assuming it's allowed with range or at least zone checks of at most 4 other people nearby).
    The only excuse I can think of is it might be more resources-hungry, but I doubt that's important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    For those who don't understand why this restriction is a problem, the biggest issue is pugs. If you're waiting for your raid/RBG group to form (which can easily take half an hour), the option of doing dailies instead of browsing the internet/running circles in Oribos would be welcome.
    If the issue is that Blizzard is afraid that people would actually form huge raid groups to do those quests, they could just make it so that only your actual party counts for tagging mobs, objectives, etc., and the other groups are basically treated as players from outside of your group for those purposes.
    Oh that's a GREAT solution also (restricted to raid GROUP). This would remove the excuse that it may be resources-hungry to do a range check or a zone check.
    Well.. they might say "but you can change people in groups" but I think that's already 'illegal' when in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    No. That would make questing stupid. You would join a 40man of "QUICK DAILEEEEESS FAST PUSSSSSSSH!!11!!!!1" group and you'll watch tv.
    nah not really. that was the case in legion with that automated WQ thing, but it's never really been an issue since they broke that functionality.

most quests already have some sort of thing on them that you don't get credit if a party member whos 100 yards away orso completes an objective. throw in a few quests where you have to manually loot or talk to an npc and the benefit of being 40 people diminishes drastically.

i'm sure there are some exploits possible, but i doubt itll go back to legion levels of afk while doing WQ.

Anyone who is 'raiding when they're in a raid group' is basically just low-key outing themselves as never having raided on a set numbers mode.

On prog you have people step out based on what group you want to push the next boss with, on-farm you have people stepping out and in to get FnF achievements/chances to drop specific loot or simply because every guild ever runs a bench.
    Further, no one ever has to be 'waiting at the stone' on the bench, generally, it's quicker and easier for the raid to summon you to the boss than have you zone in and hoof it.

Is this a massive issue that requires a hotfix? No, it's been in the game for 15 years. Is it "not a problem" or only an issue because "people have run out of things to complain about"? No, You either inconvenience people on the bench because they have to alt-tab and do something else or you inconvenience the officers/RL because people have to constantly drop and pick up the group based on the boss.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?