Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    If you knew you'd want to timelock something before moving forward I don't see much of a coding problem. What would be a real issue though is the UI as spells change, yes, this would essentially force them to load a separate client for the time locked content, but that beats having to rebalance things every other patch, and it beats content dying. Building an additional system that lets you customize your time locked UI outside of the actual content would be at least as big of an effort as the time locking itself.
    Things you need to save on an rebalance:
    1. Available external cooldowns (flasks, potions etc.) and their respective strength in that content
    2. The complete talent tree, no matter if its completely overhauled in the future
    3. The exact items that are allowed to be used. No newer trinkets etc. That get downscaled or older ones that get upscaled. Same goes for other gear pieces.

    And much more things I probably forgot. I don't know, most likely you are right and it is possible, but it's the effort really worth it? I don't know.

  2. #202
    The more I think about it, the more I hope it'll have new rewards.

    I did the legwork all on my own, pre-cheese, because they announced it as limited-time content and I didn't wanna take a chance on missing out. Every class, every spec. .

    If they bring it back fully, as in all artifact appearances made available again, they sure as fuck better backtrack on anything else they've removed. Old Zul'Gurub and its mounts, the first dungeon bear, Swift Horde Wolf, Naxx drakes etc.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    yes if you keep your settings on 1 and your reso at 640x480
    The OG Onslaught set looks way better than any of the non-Mythic versions, IMO, and the OG Lightbringer is less bulky than the T20. I legit prefer the T6 Pally over the T20, as a whole (although the best incarnation is a combination of them, imo). I mainly hate the T20 "belt", which is connected to the pants for some reason.

  4. #204
    The Patient Hastis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    by fire be purged
    Posts
    338
    i wonder what else they are going to bring back cuz of sub drop

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Doesn't monks, automatically, use that idle stance for any staff/polearm weapon?
    no, the legion artifact has the staff on shoulder animation and nothing else

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It wouldn't be the only thing to bring me back, but if I do return, the MT challenges were fun. That said, there needs to be a lot of tuning, because some specs needed certain legendaries (like the warlock ring) to get through it at the gear level it was intended for (before you could just do weekly H Antorus pugs and outgearing it).
    You didn't need ring tbh, portal pants/doomguard slow/bear tartare did fantastic work. One of the problems with MT back then was that people tended to put arbitrary gear reqs and then smashed their faces until they got it.

    for example, bear druids would cry about not having ekowraith/luffa, when fury of nature/lady and the child provided better performance
    Community guides tho, *shrug*

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It wouldn't be the only thing to bring me back, but if I do return, the MT challenges were fun. That said, there needs to be a lot of tuning, because some specs needed certain legendaries (like the warlock ring) to get through it at the gear level it was intended for (before you could just do weekly H Antorus pugs and outgearing it).
    I am going to go out on a limb and assume the fights will be easier then their original incarnations.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I had failed the fight a significant amount of times on my elemental shaman main before I attempted any other challenges.

    Nevertheless I went in and easily 1-shot the boss on my unholy DK just due to the free death strikes keeping me alive, and my DK was much worse geared to boot.

    I know there were a couple other fights that were very easy, such as the BM hunter challenge, but the fights I struggled with most were resto shaman, holy priest, guardian druid and prot paladin.

    I greatly enjoyed all the challenges though. In fact my least favourite challenges were the ones I could oneshot such as the above-mentioned BM hunter challenge.

    With the right @cursor frost trap and @Focus interrupt macros, you basically couldn't fail it.
    BM hunter wasn't easy if you weren't gifted with a self heal ("bad") legendary. Literally any one. the unavoidable damage the worm did would kill you before you could kill it if you couldn't mitigate it (interrupting all casts) or heal yourself past exhilaration/spirit heal from the pet.
    Was actually the most frustrating one for me but the second I got a healing legendary (voodoo mask) I went and oneshot it, lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and assume the fights will be easier then their original incarnations.
    imagine havoc dh challenge with darkglare boon and the hunt

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and assume the fights will be easier then their original incarnations.
    The Highlord's Return

    Psytalons - Damage reduced by 45%.
    Annihilate - Damage reduced by 45%.

    kekw the only 2 challenges that mattered xylem and kruul are gutted ^ a example above
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2021-09-09 at 03:17 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3


  9. #209
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Probably Banned, LUL
    Posts
    4,180
    If they bring back the old items too then I'll actually resub and buy Shadowlands to get them, if it's only the Tier recolors then I'm good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Bringing back the weapon xmogs will remove another large number of players from the game who will not return. Getting trust back after BfA and SL and THEN breaking that promise - big, big risk.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's just not really possible as of how the game is peogramned and designed.
    Anyone who says they'll unsub if they bring back previous items is 1. Factually a liar 2. Going to keep buying every expansion 3. An idiot.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    The Highlord's Return

    Psytalons - Damage reduced by 45%.
    Annihilate - Damage reduced by 45%.

    kekw the only 2 challenges that mattered xylem and kruul are gutted ^ a example above
    I admit I don't know a ton about tanking myself but the damage component of the tank fight wasn't really the hard part of it. Wasn't it more the control and instant kill mechanics?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    BM hunter wasn't easy if you weren't gifted with a self heal ("bad") legendary. Literally any one. the unavoidable damage the worm did would kill you before you could kill it if you couldn't mitigate it (interrupting all casts) or heal yourself past exhilaration/spirit heal from the pet.
    Was actually the most frustrating one for me but the second I got a healing legendary (voodoo mask) I went and oneshot it, lol.

    - - - Updated - - -



    imagine havoc dh challenge with darkglare boon and the hunt
    I think a lot of classes getting a new blink or an extra one will have a very noticeable effect as well.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    I admit I don't know a ton about tanking myself but the damage component of the tank fight wasn't really the hard part of it. Wasn't it more the control and instant kill mechanics?
    It's been a while, obviously, and I only did druid/demon hunter, but I remember the damage being fairly important. IIRC, there was only so much time to complete it before the damage became too much to mitigate (or it became drastically easier if you did it within X casts instead of Y). Both of the classes had a way to recover from the knockback, though, so maybe that's why I don't remember insta-kill mechanics beings as brutal as timing it before stacks got too high.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Anyone who says they'll unsub if they bring back previous items is 1. Factually a liar 2. Going to keep buying every expansion 3. An idiot.
    If I was subbed at the moment, bringing back the items again would be a surefire way of making me quit and never return. I spent months getting them all due to them saying they would be unobtainable afterwards, if they to back on those kind of words then yeah we're done.

    Also do you have anything to back up your argument except for your obviously pent up frustration?

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    It's been a while, obviously, and I only did druid/demon hunter, but I remember the damage being fairly important. IIRC, there was only so much time to complete it before the damage became too much to mitigate (or it became drastically easier if you did it within X casts instead of Y). Both of the classes had a way to recover from the knockback, though, so maybe that's why I don't remember insta-kill mechanics beings as brutal as timing it before stacks got too high.
    Iirc there was one mechanic where you needed DPS or you would flat out wipe. Towards the end there was also more and more BS thrown your way, which just massively increased your chances to fuck up if you didn't have enough DPS.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Iirc there was one mechanic where you needed DPS or you would flat out wipe. Towards the end there was also more and more BS thrown your way, which just massively increased your chances to fuck up if you didn't have enough DPS.
    infernals with a line punt
    Kruul would do a massive attack that you had to cooldown for, and you had limited cooldowns.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    meanwhile i play on a full server where korthia rares die in 10 seconds every day of the week.
    anyway ymmv

    - - - Updated - - -



    people are bad, it would take em way longer, lol
    That's cute, this is due to every realm being linked - if CRZ weren't a thing, you'd NEVER see that.
    anyway ymmv

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    That's cute, this is due to every realm being linked - if CRZ weren't a thing, you'd NEVER see that.
    anyway ymmv
    Illidan isn't linked
    Nice try sweetie.

    Should add in that I see like 10+ sylvanas mounts a day too right? or that's a crz thing too?
    Last edited by Kehego; 2021-09-09 at 04:37 PM.

  17. #217
    Unlike a lot of people, I didn't actually care much for the Mage Tower even in Legion.

    But more options is almost always better, so them bringing it back is probably a good change overall. Even if it won't make ME come back.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    It's been a while, obviously, and I only did druid/demon hunter, but I remember the damage being fairly important. IIRC, there was only so much time to complete it before the damage became too much to mitigate (or it became drastically easier if you did it within X casts instead of Y). Both of the classes had a way to recover from the knockback, though, so maybe that's why I don't remember insta-kill mechanics beings as brutal as timing it before stacks got too high.
    You might be right it's been a few years and I know I had issues with what people saw as the easy classes and a easy time with what people saw as hard.

  19. #219
    Scarab Lord TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Probably Banned, LUL
    Posts
    4,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    If I was subbed at the moment, bringing back the items again would be a surefire way of making me quit and never return. I spent months getting them all due to them saying they would be unobtainable afterwards, if they to back on those kind of words then yeah we're done.

    Also do you have anything to back up your argument except for your obviously pent up frustration?
    Pent up frustration? Frustration with what? I don't play the game anymore dude, I quit one month into BFA.
    And yes, because you unsub idiots literally all want attention, that's why you have to announce that you're going to unsub if something happens.

    Bro just unsub in quiet, literally nobody gives a fuck because you're a nobody.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Illidan isn't linked
    Nice try sweetie.

    Should add in that I see like 10+ sylvanas mounts a day too right? or that's a crz thing too?
    Every realm is CRZd. You're an idiot lmfao

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •