DK and fall damage

Excuse me for my ignorance here, DK is new to me. I've learned to adore it, but I'm coming in as a druid main. I am used to having a handful of tricks to manage fall damage, and I'm blown away at the lack of fall mitigation for DKs. Is there something I'm completely missing on this front? I'm not NF so I can't blink trick it. Any other items or toys you guys use on a regular basis to avoid death to gravity? Is the parasol really my best bet? >.< I was sad to find the old glyph isn't a thing anymore...? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only path of frost glyph was nice to prevent those little stubbed-toe bits of damage you might encounter but, as you point out, they took it out.

The only other real option is to go the engineer route so you have gnomish gravity well/glider cape, or don't go engineer but maintain a bag full of goblin glider kits (they're made from WoD mats, so i don't imagine they'd be particularly expensive.) Those wont help you out in dungeons though, unfortunately, as all of them are disabled in instanced content for god only knows why.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Parasol, dragon plume, rocket jump, engineer parachute, that other engineer item which name i forgot.

My pally is like your DK, they fall as gracelessly as a can of beans and hit the ground like one. Try the parasol, or the dragon plume these work in some areas, otherwise carry a stack of goblin gliders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    as all of them are disabled in instanced content for god only knows why.
    Exploits from challenge modes. Most restrictive changes are rooted in solving excessive exploits.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't fall.

i think there is a boot enchant that gives you a shield for the damage you took from fall damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Exploits from challenge modes. Most restrictive changes are rooted in solving excessive exploits.
    I'd call that a "clever use of game mechanics," personally.

And of course the solution to that would be to either 1) design better dungeons or 2) just disable the engineering gadgets in mythic+ and rated PvP, instead of disabling them across the board.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

To be fair, wearing that much armor, there's a lot of weight to damage you when you land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gubasti View Post
    To be fair, wearing that much armor, there's a lot of weight to damage you when you land.
    You should be able to land on your ghoul to break your fall
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Grip the floor to you instead.

Plate wearers fall like a can of beans, both in terms of lack of grace and impact.

Wow! Exelent! Love it!