Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The deathknights were not just raised minutes before they had been deathknights for as long as arthas was the lich king, they just regained freewill. The starting areas whole point is to train deathknights, it takes years to train and master ones abilities.

    News flash the WoW game is not canon.
    You literally see the piles of bodies you were raised from and your first real task is to kill a fellow rais-ee to prove you're not a total failure and deserving of further training.

    The WoW game is not canon. That's the most extreme headcanon I've ever seen.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You literally see the piles of bodies you were raised from and your first real task is to kill a fellow rais-ee to prove you're not a total failure and deserving of further training.

    The WoW game is not canon. That's the most extreme headcanon I've ever seen.
    A game is never canon they always add things that are not canon.

    The starting area happens over a long period of time, by the time you actually walk in org or SW you have spent a long time training to actually be a deathknight, it doesnt show the deathknight player being raised you just spawned infront of the lich king, by the time you actually catch up to the correct timeline you have spent a long time serving arthas.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  3. #83
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,414
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A game is never canon they always add things that are not canon.

    The starting area happens over a long period of time, by the time you actually walk in org or SW you have spent a long time training to actually be a deathknight, it doesnt show the deathknight player being raised you just spawned infront of the lich king, by the time you actually catch up to the correct timeline you have spent a long time serving arthas.
    Where is anything you have said marked as canon.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  4. #84
    We did reforge Frostmourne its the frost DK artifact weapon
    End topic

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Where is anything you have said marked as canon.
    Its in WoW lore and just common sense that the actual character in WoW would require many years to learn and master skills, its a game and a game is not tied to lore all the time, you cant spend too long on a game to get your skill learnt otherwise that would be boring.

    Magic takes the longest time to learn and master, thats why deathknights are useful because many skills are in the weapon so they are powerful to start with, but still require years of training to become a master.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The WoW game is not canon. That's the most extreme headcanon I've ever seen.
    While I don't agree with any of his other points, that particular claim has some validity. Goldshire is a bustling town on the outskirts of a vast city. It doesn't have a population of 10. You can't resurrect someone easily in Warcraft, it's a once in a lifetime accomplishment, while players do it regularly. Even spellcasting isn't accurate to the books. Khadgar was physically drained and had to eat a mana bun after casting 3 spells in the Last Guardian novel. You can't walk across Azeroth in one day as a player character can.

    However, the Death Knight starter zone doesn't appear to be a situation where the lore has been stretched. Death Knights are granted their abilities magically and have a lifetime of combat experience to draw on. I think that as a hero class it's possible that they did in fact learn their trade as quickly as we see it depicted in the DK Starter Zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  7. #87
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,414
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its in WoW lore and just common sense that the actual character in WoW would require many years to learn and master skills, its a game and a game is not tied to lore all the time, you cant spend too long on a game to get your skill learnt otherwise that would be boring.

    Magic takes the longest time to learn and master, thats why deathknights are useful because many skills are in the weapon so they are powerful to start with, but still require years of training to become a master.
    link it. I want proof not your words.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  8. #88
    Regardless, I'm still quite shocked Blizzard isn't doing anything with Arthas OR Frostmourne in Shadowlands. I mean... he's literally *THE* character that most people can name. It's insane they made the expansion revolve around everyone affected by Arthas, but not even address the topic of Arthas himself...

    In any case, I still stand by the point that Death Knights I believe have every right to be able to unlock a Frostmourne transmog option. We have the shards of Frostmourne anyways, we're on good terms with the guy who forged the thing to begin with, we're in the one fucking expansion where it would even be relevant. And let's be honest, WoW is hemorrhaging subscribers right now; Frostmourne would be some seriously-overdue "cool shit" for players to actually return to try and attain.

    Hell, if they REALLY wanted to get some folks excited, it'd come with Arthas' pre-Lich King (Death Knight) armor, complete with those big, furry boots. That shit was so iconic, I'm surprised they never implemented it. For the "helm", just include a hood that matches and blends into the cloak, and maybe makes your extra EXTRA smokey?

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    While I don't agree with any of his other points, that particular claim has some validity. Goldshire is a bustling town on the outskirts of a vast city. It doesn't have a population of 10. You can't resurrect someone easily in Warcraft, it's a once in a lifetime accomplishment, while players do it regularly. Even spellcasting isn't accurate to the books. Khadgar was physically drained and had to eat a mana bun after casting 3 spells in the Last Guardian novel. You can't walk across Azeroth in one day as a player character can.

    However, the Death Knight starter zone doesn't appear to be a situation where the lore has been stretched. Death Knights are granted their abilities magically and have a lifetime of combat experience to draw on. I think that as a hero class it's possible that they did in fact learn their trade as quickly as we see it depicted in the DK Starter Zone.
    Yeah, I could've explained myself better. The part about zones is that the events that take place in them occur over a longer period of time than you might wonder. For instance it takes us just a few minutes to go from one end of the Barrens to another. In lore that takes several days. In the case of the death knight starting area it would probably take a day or more just to march from one end to the other. None of this run across the zone in 2 minutes, kill something, run back, turn in, pick up next one. Each quest probably takes a day simply from travel time and fighting.

    As for the abilities, it's like I said. The newbie death knights get raised with a number of basic abilities, then need to train themselves over the next few weeks in the starting zone before the Lich King deems them worthy of being part of the assault of Light's Hope. We see it also through our "peers", Thassarian, Koltira, and Urtaz(sp?). Each time you meet up with them they're better geared, for instance.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    link it. I want proof not your words.
    Why dont you link something that proves otherwise, what im stating is just common sense, characters in WoW dont just instantly learn whatever they need for thier class for actual lore. The way WoW chars learn skills is not lore relevant.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  11. #91
    I am Murloc! Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Why dont you link something that proves otherwise, what im stating is just common sense, characters in WoW dont just instantly learn whatever they need for thier class for actual lore. The way WoW chars learn skills is not lore relevant.
    That's not how this works; you made the claim, back it up. Don't make claims and then say "This is true unless someone proves otherwise", prove your claim is true in the first place or have it dismissed with the same level of evidence you provided - which is to say, none.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    That's not how this works; you made the claim, back it up. Don't make claims and then say "This is true unless someone proves otherwise", prove your claim is true in the first place or have it dismissed with the same level of evidence you provided - which is to say, none.
    I dont need to prove anything, its just basic common sense that the characters in WoW dont just instantly learn abilities, jaina herself spent many years training to be a mage and took 6 years to even be accepted as an apprentice in dalaran.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #93
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,046
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The deathknights were not just raised minutes before they had been deathknights for as long as arthas was the lich king, they just regained freewill. The starting areas whole point is to train deathknights, it takes years to train and master ones abilities.

    News flash the WoW game is not canon.
    Well THIS is just getting interesting...

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  14. #94
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,414
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Why dont you link something that proves otherwise, what im stating is just common sense, characters in WoW dont just instantly learn whatever they need for thier class for actual lore. The way WoW chars learn skills is not lore relevant.

    Cause I'm not the one making the claim and you can't prove a negative. What you are stating is head canon. It's shit YOU made up and isn't actual lore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I dont need to prove anything, its just basic common sense that the characters in WoW dont just instantly learn abilities, jaina herself spent many years training to be a mage and took 6 years to even be accepted as an apprentice in dalaran.
    Then I'm free to call your bullshit 100% false. And since it's clear no one else believes you either, have fun.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Cause I'm not the one making the claim and you can't prove a negative. What you are stating is head canon. It's shit YOU made up and isn't actual lore.
    Its already been proven with the lore, many characters in WoW lore have spent years training and a whole lifetime to master skills, deathknights are no different, they have access only to skills they already knew and what the runeblade gives them, everything else they have to learn through many years of training.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  16. #96
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,414
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its already been proven with the lore, many characters in WoW lore have spent years training and a whole lifetime to master skills, deathknights are no different, they have access only to skills they already knew and what the runeblade gives them, everything else they have to learn through many years of training.
    So link it. Once you do I'll gladly admit I was wrong and you were right.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  17. #97
    I dunno... This expansion has proven to be boring as fuck, in terms of revelations to the lore. I'm honestly kind of shocked; I thought we'd have finally got some interesting insights into the birth of Necromancy, or at least some cool Death Knight lore, particularly with Darion and Alexandros Mograine. Sadly not the case, though.

    At the very least, I hope they'll consider adding some means of acquiring a Frostmourne transmog in this last patch. That would actually give me SOMETHING exciting to work towards. Otherwise... this expansion will have been a major disappointment.

  18. #98
    Shadowlands was underused in so many ways.

    Why we didn't getsome crazy memmory campaign that involves dk/arthas lore or show us some cool flashbacks. They could have made dks cool gain this expansion... no attention beyond 2hand frost was given.

    So many missed opportunities and Frostmourne is one of them.

  19. #99
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Shadowlands was underused in so many ways.

    Why we didn't getsome crazy memmory campaign that involves dk/arthas lore or show us some cool flashbacks. They could have made dks cool gain this expansion... no attention beyond 2hand frost was given.

    So many missed opportunities and Frostmourne is one of them.
    Indeed, that does seem odd. Especially since they, kinda, started SL with what seemed to be a rather big focus on Death Knights, with both Bolvar as the prime NPC (which turned out to be a lie) and the option of every race now being able to be Death Knights, which turned out to lead to nowhere.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Indeed, that does seem odd. Especially since they, kinda, started SL with what seemed to be a rather big focus on Death Knights, with both Bolvar as the prime NPC (which turned out to be a lie) and the option of every race now being able to be Death Knights, which turned out to lead to nowhere.
    Exactly.. I even was naief enough to believe that they had something planned for the high inquisitor whitemane as she was standing next to Genn in that cinematic.

    Kinda odd she was just there because she is/was human. But she was never good..

    Any many more no leads in this expansion. The death theme went nowhere for death knights and that is really sad for dk fans out there.. because I dont think this theme will retuen anytime soon.

    Sad story..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •