Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    If you are lucky they might put it on the store.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah I mean, it's getting more and more obvious that they really didn't know where to go and what to do with the story of SL.
    Which is a shame, because I feel like the expansion could practically write itself. Give us a chance to interact with long-dead heroes and villains alike, explore the ways in which the living race's religions and spirituality are both both right AND wrong about some things, really delve into the hearts of Sylvanas, Arthas, Kel'thuzad, and even Ner'zhul... this expansion really could've felt like a true sequel to the Warcraft RTS games.

    Instead, it seems more like the current Blizzard was more interesting in just "building a whole new world", and while I actually do quite like some of Shadowlands' content, it absolutely DOES NOT feel like "the Afterlife" of Warcraft.

    I mean, for fuck's sake, as players we've had to CREATE OUR OWN HEAD-CANON just to explain what the fuck happens when you slay some random critter. Where did its soul come from? What happens to it? If things die in the Shadowlands, are they wiped from existence entirely?

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Which is a shame, because I feel like the expansion could practically write itself. Give us a chance to interact with long-dead heroes and villains alike, explore the ways in which the living race's religions and spirituality are both both right AND wrong about some things, really delve into the hearts of Sylvanas, Arthas, Kel'thuzad, and even Ner'zhul... this expansion really could've felt like a true sequel to the Warcraft RTS games.

    Instead, it seems more like the current Blizzard was more interesting in just "building a whole new world", and while I actually do quite like some of Shadowlands' content, it absolutely DOES NOT feel like "the Afterlife" of Warcraft.

    I mean, for fuck's sake, as players we've had to CREATE OUR OWN HEAD-CANON just to explain what the fuck happens when you slay some random critter. Where did its soul come from? What happens to it? If things die in the Shadowlands, are they wiped from existence entirely?
    This theme had so much potential, it's really just sad to think about it honestly. Like I said before this theme will likely not come back anytime soon and I feel like we could have gotten so much more of characters, items, cosmetics and/or close lose ends or forgotten characters. The list is endless.

    Characters like Vashj and kael were thrown back into the fray and people loved it, the sad part of it is the reality that their story is meaningless and will not lead anywhere outside of Sl. On top of that they even managed to ruin kael'thas at the same time. Removing hes beloved iconic voice actor for false claims, even proven to be untrue. It's so fucking stupid how it all ended up.. how they wasted so much potential YET again.
    Vashj is still save.. , untouched, same voice actress, she made some warcraft 3 references and I just love when she talks, all around good stuff. Imo any future Azshara storylines gotta have Vashj involved. There could be something there. Just get her out of Shadowlands.. Kael aswell only if Quin returns.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-31 at 11:03 PM.

  4. #104
    Epic! Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,583
    Blades of the Fallen Prince, best you're going to get.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    At the very least, I hope they'll consider adding some means of acquiring a Frostmourne transmog in this last patch. That would actually give me SOMETHING exciting to work towards. Otherwise... this expansion will have been a major disappointment.
    I kind of think that they could what they did with the glaives of azzinoth. Maybe a timewalking ICC could give dk's a chance to get a frostmourne lookalike
    https://imgur.com/7jEjC4j
    Maybe someday
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2022-09-13 at 04:46 AM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I had been saying DKs felt narratively shafted this expansion, a warlock green fire/Hati reincarnation length questline that brings back the frost artifact weapon mechanically similarly to when we saw Xal'atath again that ends with a reforged Frostmourne would be pretty damn sick.

    1) Take the artifact weapon to the Primus, who recalls crafting Frostmourne. Bolvar and the Four Horsemen vouch that you can handle its power.
    2) The Primus eventually agrees, and you go on a scavenger hunt, primarily to every corner of the Maw and Korthia, but also the four covenant zones and Icecrown. As you go around, you get the Echos of the Lich King that the old artifact weapon triggered with some new ominous dialogue.
    3) Maybe finish it off with having to fight the Remnant of Ner'zhul in the new raid, where he has some flavor text aimed at the death knight akin to when you brought A'tiesh into Karazhan.
    4) The sword is reforged in its glory, but the moment you touch it you find yourself in the "inside the sword" subzone, as you fight through a solo boss fight akin to the Mage Tower to avoid your soul succumbing to the sword as Arthas's did.

    There we go, take my money, Blizzard!
    Shafted because of an xmog ??most ppl will assume you meant that from a balance perspective because that what actually matters to most

  7. #107
    Elemental Lord Brewmaster Kolee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Peak of Serenity
    Posts
    8,140
    DKs never obtained Frostmourne in WotLK, they created Shadowmourne.

    Remember it's a game. Have a beer buff. Chill.

  8. #108
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,682
    No, never.

    It is one of the few things left in Retail WoW which has not been violated.

    I don´t want to see 20DKs everyday around with Frostmourne in any shape... The moment it becomes content, it becomes subject to be outdated and also nothing special anymore.

    No player is worth of it tbh.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No, never.

    It is one of the few things left in Retail WoW which has not been violated.

    I don´t want to see 20DKs everyday around with Frostmourne in any shape... The moment it becomes content, it becomes subject to be outdated and also nothing special anymore.

    No player is worth of it tbh.
    Frostmourne is already in the players hands in a different shape. So aacording to you it is defiled, might aswell give DKs a 2h appearance.

  10. #110
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikee View Post
    Frostmourne is already in the players hands in a different shape. So aacording to you it is defiled, might aswell give DKs a 2h appearance.
    No, i is not the same. I mean that we should not have Frostmourne reforged and allow players to have it. In legion we had it´s shards made into twin weapons, not as a legendary 2 hander replicating, or being Frostmourne. That was bad enough already.

    You need to understand that certain items are meant to be sort of "sacred" in WoW, and not just... obtainable by anyone.

  11. #111
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,130
    Frostmourne has already been reforged as the twin blades...so there you go, no need for this thread

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You need to understand that certain items are meant to be sort of "sacred" in WoW, and not just... obtainable by anyone.
    You have an opinion and there is nothing I need to understand from your take on this. Frostmourne has already been put into people's hands in a different form, which was done that way because they made frost dual wield exclusive, but that has been reversed and giving an exact or a slightly altered version would IMO be fine.

    They have already jumped into the far end of the pool and there is no going back. They have given people all the other known artifacts more or less so this is not unreasonable to want Frostmourne without power as a transmog.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I'd honestly be pissed if it wasn't DK-only, to be honest.

    Not because "I'm a special little snowflake", but that as others said, it's simply too iconic to the class itself, much like Ashbringer or the Scythe of Elune. Just as "only Warlocks" got a quest-chain for Green Fire (which was a BLAST! I kind of wish they'd do similar things for other classes), I think sometimes, you do have to preserve the sense of Class-fantasy.

    Now having said that, I wouldn't be opposed to every other class getting a new "special weapon" as an equivalent. Maybe Uther aids the Primus in constructing a new Paladin weapon, Kael'thas maybe being involved in a Mage weapon -- you could do some cool stuff there. But Frostmourne itself is *THE* fundamental Death Knight weapon.
    It's, in fact, not an iconic DK-only weapon as Ashbringer or the Scythe of Elune are, which are weapons specifically crafted for these classes.

    Heck, Arthas was still a well and alive paladin when he claimed Frostmourne.

  14. #114
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikee View Post
    You have an opinion and there is nothing I need to understand from your take on this..
    Is not my opinion, is it a fact. Frostmourne is one of the most unique, rare and important weapons in Warcraft.

    It was wrong enough to let us use other similar weapons... Let me ask you, why do you want everyone to be able to use it? you automatically make it lose all of its value, apeal and importance. We do not need to have it all, let something remain mystical...

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It's, in fact, not an iconic DK-only weapon as Ashbringer or the Scythe of Elune are, which are weapons specifically crafted for these classes.

    Heck, Arthas was still a well and alive paladin when he claimed Frostmourne.
    Actually, the Scythe of Elune wasn't "created specifically for that class"; it was simply given to Druids because it had the most obvious connection to them. In fact, Frostmourne has a stronger argument even that those examples, because Frostmourne is a Runeblade, which are very specifically ONLY usable by Death Knights. It's implied that if wielded by anyone who isn't a Death Knight, it will corrupt the wielder until they *become* a Death Knight.

    Frostmourne is very clear "a Death Knight weapon". Arthas technically picked it up when he was still a Paladin, but IMMEDIATELY became a Death Knight afterward. So I don't think that calling it a weapon wielded by a Paladin is a good-faith argument.

  16. #116
    The amount of people that literally dont understand what OP said is actually mind boggling. All these people bringing up how we didnt get it or how we got shadowmourne, that is literally completely irrelivant lmfao.

    For the record I actually like that we cant get it, I think its one of those items that I dont want every single person in the world running around with, it would ruin how iconic it is imo.

    That said, the previous arguments for this were as follows:

    A) You cant just wield Frostmourne as it influences its user and has magical powers like trapping the souls of its victims.
    B) It got shattered so it literally dosent exist anymore.

    Both of these arguments are now null and void as of legion when we literally created two weapons from the shards, that also trap the souls of their victims (IIRC thats what the twin blades also do)

    So we are objectively at the point where from a story purpose, we could easily take it back to Archerus and go over to some 'master rune smith' or whatever it would be called and go through dialogue saying something like "I am in need of a two handed sword, please reforge these two blades into one" and out could pop something identical or very visually similar to Frostmourne. There is objectively nothing stopping that from happening at this point. I wouldnt mind if it was similar as long as it isnt literally frostmourne, but hey, I get your point OP, just wanted to chip in with that since it does kinda shock me how many people dont understand that their points about shadowmourne and all the other stuff is literally just false lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Is not my opinion, is it a fact. Frostmourne is one of the most unique, rare and important weapons in Warcraft.

    It was wrong enough to let us use other similar weapons... Let me ask you, why do you want everyone to be able to use it? you automatically make it lose all of its value, apeal and importance. We do not need to have it all, let something remain mystical...
    I agree with this dude, the second you give everyone it, it literally instantly loses its appeal/important/iconic status.

    But unfortunately half the player base these days seems to literally be screaming babies who want orange items galore regardless of if it makes sense or is even good.

    Like the legendary cloak/ring in MoP/WoD, its a fucking cloak that has a spell effect thats IT. A ring? Why the fuck does everyone NEED legendaries.

    They should do what ive been saying on the forums for fucking years (and they have I believe just started to do) which is only ever make very iconic specific items legendary (orange) eg, sylvanas bow, tusks of mannoroth, items like that, make them super rare drop chance and just make them slightly better than the BiS weapon in that raid, give them an extra socket or something, maybe 5% extra DPS, but ultimately this is a fucking RPG game and people want to collect iconic items, not just be showered with oranges that literally hold zero status.

  17. #117
    The blades of the fallen prince, the Frost DK artifact weapon is made of the remains of Frostmourne.
    But, it's a mourneblade and will not be reforged in canon at least. The story of SL was very clear on that.

    Personally, i don't think it looks that great without the special powers. I wouldn't transmog.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-09-15 at 05:57 PM.

  18. #118
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,130
    Why would any DK want to wield the weapon that tore apart their life? So far no one in these kind of threads has ever answered me that question.

    With the twin blades you take the shards and make it something different, your own...bringing Frostmourne back as it originally was is just asking to be just like the Lich King.

    Isn't enough to be a Sylvanas loving edgelord? Don't need to pretend you're the Lich King too

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Actually, the Scythe of Elune wasn't "created specifically for that class"; it was simply given to Druids because it had the most obvious connection to them. In fact, Frostmourne has a stronger argument even that those examples, because Frostmourne is a Runeblade, which are very specifically ONLY usable by Death Knights. It's implied that if wielded by anyone who isn't a Death Knight, it will corrupt the wielder until they *become* a Death Knight.

    Frostmourne is very clear "a Death Knight weapon". Arthas technically picked it up when he was still a Paladin, but IMMEDIATELY became a Death Knight afterward. So I don't think that calling it a weapon wielded by a Paladin is a good-faith argument.
    Frostmournes only purpose was to be wielded by the lich king so its clearly not a deathknight weapon and he didnt become an actual deathknight until a while after wielding the blade.

    Also runeblades are not only for deathknights, they have been around for thousands of years and wielded by others, the fire mage relic is a runeblade, deathknights are fairly new to WoW, runeblades dont turn anyone into a deathknight, mourneblades however turn the user undead eventually.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-09-19 at 04:46 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Why not make it something like the Warlock Green Fire quest chain? They should be adding more fun pieces of content like that that are challenging and offer a cosmetic reward to a class.
    It was about as hard as navigating a regular quest in a wendigo cave in classic wow and now every single warlock has green fire if they want it. Making it pretty much the norm. Which means there is nothing special about it at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •