Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question can someone who's been banned still apply for Moderator?

I'm looking into this position but I have been infracted and banned in the past, will this hinder my chances of becoming a moderator?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

you can put that on your resume as having extensive moderation experience, a plus to be sure.

You are a 10 year member with 2590 posts which means not even 1 post per day and you are worried about your infraction?

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they will let you be Moderator, if you have EVER been banned... Not just with an active ban.

Being banned, doesn't really show good judgement, as Moderators should be (but not always are).
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    You are a 10 year member with 2590 posts which means not even 1 post per day and you are worried about your infraction?
    Way more posts here, but I ain't applying - I'd be way too harsh on people

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

If your infractions are long-gone then I wouldn't think that they would have a big impact on you chances.
    But I would look at myself if I and my post history corresponds with the "party line" of this forum. Each forum has its values/does and don'ts/holy cows etc. And those can be inferred from who and what gets banned.

So are your values/posts in line with the MMO-Champions? If yes then apply, if no then don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I doubt they will let you be Moderator, if you have EVER been banned... Not just with an active ban.

Being banned, doesn't really show good judgement, as Moderators should be (but not always are).
    Depends what it was for, and when

If it's a 10 year old account with a ban 9 years ago but clean history since, they can probably be modded

From your signature, it appears that you were 2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up). That is an extremely impressive credential. They'd be damn fools not to make you a mod.

How'd I know this would be a Ron Burgundy post . As long as they don't make this *person* a mod this site will still be useable.

smh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    From your signature, it appears that you were 2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up). That is an extremely impressive credential. They'd be damn fools not to make you a mod.
    I beg to disagree. That'd be an abject disaster. Go look at this guys threads

From your started thread history, you'll be lucky the FBI doesn't pick you up for charges. Being 33 and saying a 16 year old is turning you on is pretty cringe and asking what a big deal the Cosby suite is means you are either a current or future sex offender or are gas lighting people via threads such as this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I beg to disagree. That'd be an abject disaster. Go look at this guys threads
    I distinctly recall reasons for him having a negative reputation.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they had more infractions than posts to be honest.

Thwart got made a mod, let that sink in.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I successfully modded an art forum for the better part of a decade and only posted in it about 5 times myself aside from stepping in and moderating so eh.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is interested in becoming a moderator than just fill in the application form here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/modapply.php

As to the first post: There have been moderators who were infracted or even banned in the past, but much depends on frequency and if they actually learned from the experience or not.

The whole point of the infraction system is people learning from mistakes so people who did and became better posters certainly would still be considered.

Those that didn't learn from the experience..., well they probably have other things in life they would be good at.

CLOSED.