Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Episode 3 was amazing. I think I particularly love how the VAs went full ham. Zero attempt to take this nonsense seriously and I think that was the best way to approach it.
    if any studio was going to get away with going full anime it would have to be Trigger. I think the people having an issue with them being alive in space miss the point entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    if any studio was going to get away with going full anime it would have to be Trigger. I think the people having an issue with them being alive in space miss the point entirely.
    Yeah I mean only the robot was wearing a helmet in space. Trigger knew exactly what they were doing.

I have to give a special shout out to the 9th episode "Akakiri" for having the best twist ending I've seen in years. like, a real oh-h ffffuuuuuuuck kind of ending.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I'm thinking of it, is it just me or does it seem like Disney probably gave the studios a writing prompt of some sort?

At the very least, "The Duel," "The Twins," and "The Ninth Jedi" all have very similar themes and concepts, albeit arranged very differently. I feel like they must have been given at least a set of keywords. "Kyber crystals, multiple blades, Light/Dark twist, R2 unit."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    While I'm thinking of it, is it just me or does it seem like Disney probably gave the studios a writing prompt of some sort?

At the very least, "The Duel," "The Twins," and "The Ninth Jedi" all have very similar themes and concepts, albeit arranged very differently. I feel like they must have been given at least a set of keywords. "Kyber crystals, multiple blades, Light/Dark twist, R2 unit."
    they might have, from the special features they gave feedback but IDK where they gave prompts for each one.

edit* watching the "origins" extra so ill report back

- - - Updated - - -

nope, doesn't seem like they gave out any prompts. they really liked the idea of a SW anime anthology series and just met with some studio's and others came on board.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-09-23 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    They were clearly using the force to hold atmosphere around them during the fight.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best episodes were 1, 5, and 7 by far. Honorable Mentions are 4 & 9.

If any of these got picked up as a full fledged series my bet would be on the first three I mentioned; Though it would not surprise me if Episode 4 & 8 could too.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The Duel
    2. The Ninth Jedi
    3. The Elder
    4. Tatooine Rhapsody
    5. The Twins
    6. Akakiri
    7. Lop and Ochō
    8. The Village Bride
    9. T0-B1

I liked all of them but some a lot more than others.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the series last night. My favorite episodes were The Duel, the Village Bride, and The Ninth Jedi. Absolutely loved them. Probably my least favorite was The Twins.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

My least favourite were Tatooine Rhapsody and T0-B1, and to a lesser extent Akakiri and The Twins. As someone already said, the latter was the most "anime".

The Duel, The Village Bride, The Ninth Jedi, The Elder and Lop and Ochō were truly excellent.

Have to agree with a lot of people putting TO-B1 at the bottom. My brain just screamed MEGAMAN and it wouldn't let go. Some things just don't fit the Star Wars universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Have to agree with a lot of people putting TO-B1 at the bottom. My brain just screamed MEGAMAN and it wouldn't let go. Some things just don't fit the Star Wars universe.
    I thought it was really adorable, it just didn't do anything for me. However, I found The Twins to be more....off-putting, mainly because, as silly as this sounds, the extended periods they spent in fucking space without helmets, talking....and the droid that comes to save the female twin, well, it has a breathing helmet on and I just could not...
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Ep5 -- Wrong wrong wrong so much wrong. Jedi make they own weapons 3/10
    Ep6 -- Way to much astro boy reference. 0/10
    Ep7 -- It was ok. 6/10
    Ep8 -- This one could be easy made in full animated movie. 8/10
    Ep9 -- That one could work with star wars, but in the past area when there is still a old republic. 6/10

It was generaly ok and it fells more like a studio selection for a new project to me. Kinda like the cartoon network did the new shows.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ep5 -- Wrong wrong wrong so much wrong. Jedi make they own weapons 3/10
    I am sorry did you just give The Ninth Jedi a 3/10 because you didn't like the fact the Lightsabers weren't made by the Jedi themselves?

First off, it isn't wrong. You are the one who is wrong. Jedi do not always make their own weapons. They can and often do make their own weapons, but it is not required.

- Obi-wan used Qui-gon's saber for several years before making his new one.
    - Luke and Rey both used Anakin's saber first.
    - Jedi Youngling have training sabers and will use sabers given to them before their trip to Ilum or similar temples.
    - Additional sabers are made by Jedi to replace sabers quickly when needed (See Obi-wan and Anakin tossed sabers).
    - Cal uses his master saber and continues to do so even at the end when he repaired it.
    - Temple Guards do not use their own sabers, but are given their Yellow Sabers.

These are all canon. This isn't even getting into the former EU.

I am sorry, Jedi can make their weapons, but it is 100% clear they don't always make their own weapons. And Jedi have used weapons made by other people.
    You don't have to like the episode, but you don't get to call the episode "wrong" because you don't understand the lore.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-09-27 at 12:53 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I'm surprised more people like Tatooine Rhapsody. I think it was among the weakest of the episodes. Though I did enjoy watching all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am sorry did you just give The Ninth Jedi a 3/10 because you didn't like the fact the Lightsabers weren't made by the Jedi themselves?

First off, it isn't wrong. You are the one who is wrong. Jedi do not always make their own weapons. They can and often do make their own weapons, but it is not required.

- Jedi Youngling have training sabers and will use sabers given to them before their trip to Ilum or similar temples.
    - Additional sabers are made by Jedi to replace sabers quickly when needed (See Obi-wan and Anakin tossed sabers).
    - Cal uses his master saber and continues to do so even at the end when he repaired it.

I am sorry, Jedi can make their weapons, but it is 100% clear they don't always make their own weapons. And Jedi have used weapons made by other people.
    You don't have to like the episode, but you don't get to call the episode "wrong" because you don't understand the lore.
    Jedi generaly have their own weapons already at that age. Crafted or not. Obtained from master or yongling swords are fine.
    It makes no sense for them to risk they lifes for just a sword.

But asking others to make their own sword is just wrong. (guards have it like this due to rules)

Also --- swords changing color from a force user. Sith red swords come from corrupted cystal:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bleeding
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Jedi generaly have their own weapons already at that age. Crafted or not. Obtained from master or yongling swords are fine.

But asking others to make their own sword is just wrong. (guards have it like this due to rules)

Also --- swords changing color from a force user. Sith red swords come from corrupted cystal:
    No, it isn't "wrong", you just don't like it. Giving Sabers is 100% lore friendly. I gave you six examples in canon of people using sabers they did not make.
    Expanding to the old EU, there are far more. Including several masters building sabers for their apprentices/padawans.

Also, they announced these episodes did not need to be canon or even 100% lore friendly. (This why The Twins was so ridiculously over the top).

The episode explained that the art of making sabers was lost to the greater galaxy and the Jedi were essentially a dead order.
    The mood saber aspect was explained in episode as well. It was weird, but they had explained it.

It is amusing to me that you have a problem with them being given sabers, but not the fact the saber forge was literally a reworked sword forge and not how lightsaber forges looked in either the EU or canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I'm surprised more people like Tatooine Rhapsody. I think it was among the weakest of the episodes. Though I did enjoy watching all of them.
    It is a fun episode. T0B1 was worse for me.
    It was essentially Star Wars Astroboy.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I thought it was really adorable, it just didn't do anything for me. However, I found The Twins to be more....off-putting, mainly because, as silly as this sounds, the extended periods they spent in fucking space without helmets, talking....and the droid that comes to save the female twin, well, it has a breathing helmet on and I just could not...
    pretty sure that's the anime studio equivalent of a shit post.

10+ Year Old Account

Every episode is an artist interpretation. They aren't meant to 1:1 with any already established canon or continuity. Otherwise you might as well be complaining about everything in the very first episode too.

The weapons in that episode make sense in that story. That's really all that matters. If you want to get picky, the weapons aren't even that farm from canon. Most Jedi build their own saber, but not all. A number used old hilts/sabers that were given to them for x reasons. Temple guards used standard issue weapons. Most Sith crystals are stolen or from a kill, Ahsoka's white crystals weren't originally hers. A crystal's color does indeed react to the user.

All the episode really did was remove a few steps in the saber building process.

At the end of day....its just a story. Relax.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-09-28 at 12:57 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

More importantly the point was missed at the beginning: Kyber Crystals are rare, and the knowledge to make lightsabers is almost as rare. It is kind of hinted that the Jedi that is making the sabers was one of the last with the knowledge.

My only problem is that lightsaber crystals don't change color that fast, but besides that it's been my favorite episode.

The Duel and the Ninth Jedi could easily have series based off of them. So could the Twins I guess but I didn't really enjoy that one.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2021-09-29 at 09:36 PM.