Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - August 17, 2021

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - August 17, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Warlock
      • The Demonic Momentum conduit will now grant the correct amount of movement speed at item level 252.

Dungeons and Raids

• Characters must now be level 60 to list Group Finder groups for Mythic+ dungeons or Shadowlands raids.
    • Sanctum of Domination
      • Fatescribe Roh-Kalo
        • Fixed an issue where players who have Forgeborne Reveries (Bonesmith Heirmir Soulbind) could be targeted for Grim Portent and Runic Affinity.
    • Sanguine Depths
      • Fixed an issue that unintentionally allowed players to leave the dungeon with the Sinfall Boon aura.

Items and Rewards

• The Soultwining Crescent and Death-Bound Shard should now grant conduits by your current specialization instead of by your class.
      • Developers’ note: Players will need to switch their specialization to get conduits for the other specs, just changing your Loot Specialization will not work.
    • The Death-Bound Shard is more likely to appear on completion of the Adamant Vaults in Torghast, Tower of the Damned.
    • The Chronicle of Lost Memories item is now also available for 2000 Cataloged Research from Archivist Roh-Suir when you have Tier 3 Research with The Archivists' Codex.
      • Developers’ note: Thank you for all of your feedback on alts and how difficult it can be to acquire some legendary patterns, especially from Castle Nathria now that Sanctum of Domination is out. We hope that this change can give players a new way to acquire their last few legendaries by engaging with the newer Korthia content.
    • Increased the amount of Korthite Crystals rewarded in the Maw Assault box, Korthia weekly box, and Broker daily quests.
    • Shards of Domination
      • Shard of Zed is now affected by the caster's Versatility, rather than the target’s Versatility.
      • Fixed an issue where Shard of Zed could deal more damage than intended when applied to specific pets.

Quests

• Resolved an issue with gromits during the “Think of the Critters” quest in Korthia. Hungry Gromits now anxiously await your delicious treats!

Well, lets see if this solve the problem of lfg tool being flooded by sellers

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Developers’ note: Players will need to switch their specialization to get conduits for the other specs, just changing your Loot Specialization will not work
    so, I get my main spec. then just stop getting them?
    Does it not make more sense just to get main spec drops first, then off spec? or am I being too logical?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    it won't... they'll just get the characters to 60...
    I don't think you really grasp what they do, they make level 1s because selling stuff for real money(which is what all the listing spam is, RMT) then they delete the lvl 1 and make new one. Blizzard can't ban an account for a name that doesn't exist. By making it so they have to be level 60 this slows it down, will it fix the problem? no, but it will help. They can't just level a 60, delete it and make another one like they can with lvl 1s

It's not a fix, but it's a solution. Atleast they are doing something

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    it won't... they'll just get the characters to 60...
    with the lvl 50 boost to skip most of the grind. these people are already paying for bot accounts, what's another $50?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kabe View Post
    Does it not make more sense just to get main spec drops first, then off spec? or am I being too logical?
    you're expecting logic from a team that didn't think it was a good idea to have level requirements to make lfg groups for certain content from the start... the leads at least don't care for logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    this won't really fix the heart of the issue...

but ok

Quote Originally Posted by kabe View Post
    you get "current" spec first, then not current spec when upgrading. youre overthinking the exact words, not taking it in context of the system

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Resolved an issue with gromits during the “Think of the Critters” quest in Korthia. Hungry Gromits now anxiously await your delicious treats!
    Why is nobody talking about this? I bet this quest will still be cancer.

I got exalted reputation for free last night, got 100 reps achievement when logging in. did this hotfix make Death's Advance rep count? It didn't prior.
    My Shadowy Priest: Daernan
    My DK tank: Pupuna

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeII View Post
    I got exalted reputation for free last night, got 100 reps achievement when logging in. did this hotfix make Death's Advance rep count? It didn't prior.
    Yeah, it was included in a hotfix last week, but would require a weekly restart for those already capped:

• Death's Advance, The Archivists' Codex, Ve'nari, and The Avowed reputations should now count towards the Exalted Reputation achievements.
    • Developers’ note: Some players who have already capped out their reputation with these factions may not see these update until next week’s restarts. We have a code change coming with restarts that will fix those players, but we want to get the data updated to prevent new players from running into the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

but ok
    I mean, least amount of effort possible is all they can give.

Step in the right direction but won't fix shit in long term.
    These 'people' will just simply bot their characters to 60.
    Took them only a few years to think about it.
    Can anyone post some screenshots how LFG tool looks like after this change?
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-08-18 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Why is nobody talking about this? I bet this quest will still be cancer.
    this quest is not worth any attention. once abandoned, always abandoned. let them waste devtime on fixes/content no one will ever see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Blizzard can't ban an account for a name that doesn't exist.
    Lol, of course they can. Blizzard knows exactly which characters were deleted, and their names they had. Blizzard bans ACCOUNTS, not characters. Tis' you who does not grasp how it works.

I don't think you really grasp what they do, they make level 1s because selling stuff for real money(which is what all the listing spam is, RMT) then they delete the lvl 1 and make new one. Blizzard can't ban an account for a name that doesn't exist. By making it so they have to be level 60 this slows it down, will it fix the problem? no, but it will help. They can't just level a 60, delete it and make another one like they can with lvl 1s

I read this more as using them wont work until you change specs if you are maxed on your current spec. Not that they dont drop at all if wrong spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Characters must now be level 60 to list Group Finder groups for Mythic+ dungeons or Shadowlands raids.
    It's hilarious to me that this wasn't how the system worked to begin with.

You realize that Blizz likes and support Boosters? Even by game design, like rating requirements for VP upgrades or pvp gear. Because boost grps are paid with gold. Gold is bought by tokens. Tokens give Blizz 7 free bugs for doing nothing.

Seems you dont understand smart cash grab systems

What Blizz do here, is just marketing....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

but ok
    Because its just Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    with the lvl 50 boost to skip most of the grind. these people are already paying for bot accounts, what's another $50?

- - - Updated - - -

you're expecting logic from a team that didn't think it was a good idea to have level requirements to make lfg groups for certain content from the start... the leads at least don't care for logic.
    If you don't see action as a good thing towarda this, nothing they do will make you happy. I don't like a lot of what the devs do but this was a good first step to stopping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    If you don't see action as a good thing towarda this, nothing they do will make you happy. I don't like a lot of what the devs do but this was a good first step to stopping it.
    there is a difference between seeing it as good and criticizing how long it took. it is overall good for the game even though the spammers will just use level boosts on bot characters and have a bot lvl them then start the spam again. but how long it took for something this simple is absurd.

it's not a case of this being completely good or bad. it's how long it took to implement something that should be common sense by now.

Increased the amount of Korthite Crystals rewarded in the Maw Assault box, Korthia weekly box, and Broker daily quests.
    guess the market for these will decrease. they funded several wow tokens