Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Changing a Character's Class

we should be like Thrall, be a warrior in june, be a shaman in july
    that makes sense
    and we can concentrate on playing one character!

5+ Year Old Account
    I would never change my class. I love being mage. I can't imagine myself swinging swords. That would be a total disaster!

It'd be a fairly hefty cash cow to offer class change for $25

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I would never change my class. I love being mage. I can't imagine myself swinging swords. That would be a total disaster!
    You shall not pass!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    that makes sense
    It’ll only be a matter of time before blizzard will take FF14’s class system idea where you can swap classes

If they just make reputations acc wide, we basically have that solution. And I approve.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    that makes sense
    Eh. I'm staying true to my choices, and it is the build-up of the game.

And I was never really a fan of class change ideas, like FFXIV or ArcheAge.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    It'd be a fairly hefty cash cow to offer class change for $25
    for free
    It makes sense lore wise,Draka changes her way from being a Warrior to being a Rogue

They should have implimented a dual class system long ago, another one of their many failures and missed opportunities.

It would be nice but I kind of doubt they will... it would be giving away a major time sink and blizzard loves metrics.

One of the things I found fantastic in FF14, the job change system... effectively making you able to do everything on the one character.

Maybe if they also doubled your bank space to hold multiple class and specs worth of gear.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    multi-class would be sweet, especially if they made it similar to D5 rules.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Doesn't it already seem like the game is convenient enough? To me WoW feels like a lobby MMO as it is. The more convenience which gets added the less reason there is to play beyond grinding out gear so you can grind out more gear so you can grind out more gear all of which is only cosmetic because the comparative ratios from one tier to another always end up being the same. I guess it's just a game so if it's fun that's the important thing but at some point is just seems like there's no reason to play. Doesn't there have to be SOME brain power involved to keep it interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    Doesn't it already seem like the game is convenient enough? To me WoW feels like a lobby MMO as it is. The more convenience which gets added the less reason there is to play beyond grinding out gear so you can grind out more gear so you can grind out more gear all of which is only cosmetic because the comparative ratios from one tier to another always end up being the same. I guess it's just a game so if it's fun that's the important thing but at some point is just seems like there's no reason to play.
    Completely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    Doesn't it already seem like the game is convenient enough? To me WoW feels like a lobby MMO as it is. The more convenience which gets added the less reason there is to play beyond grinding out gear so you can grind out more gear so you can grind out more gear all of which is only cosmetic because the comparative ratios from one tier to another always end up being the same. I guess it's just a game so if it's fun that's the important thing but at some point is just seems like there's no reason to play. Doesn't there have to be SOME brain power involved to keep it interesting?
    Other games manage one character playing multiple classes and especially with how unfriendly the game has become to alts it makes more sense to allow one character to swap classes than ever before.

that makes sense
    We are bound by the gameplay restrictions. In lore and reality there's no reason why a mage can't pick up plate armor and a shield and use them.

And no .. fuck 100% fotm.

Yes, sure, only for 59.99$ you can change your class on a whim!

Knowing modern blizzard, they'd make rotation out of viable classes in pvp, so that whales would constantly switch classes to meta ones 24/7
    (had this in one of the wow clone f2p mmo i played once Allods online i think it was called, and that's literally what they did)

What alts are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    If they just make reputations acc wide, we basically have that solution. And I approve.
    Make reps account wide and any mandatory quests to get to endgame, it would end up being just like the FF system without having to rewrite how classes work on the backend.