Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW Classic - Patch 1.14 PTR

WoW Classic - Patch 1.14 PTR
    Patch 1.14 PTR data is now available. While we don't know if any significant content changes come with it, there are some client changes that we do know about:

• Patch 1.14 will likely be deployed to the Classic Era PTR soon.
    • The client is updated to the Patch 9.1 codebase, bringing it up to date with the features and bug fixes in Retail and TBC Classic.
    • This includes DirectX 12, Ray-traced shadows, and gamepad support.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

why is this getting any sort of patch atall?

10+ Year Old Account
    F r e s h ? ! ?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    why is this getting any sort of patch atall?
    Could just be part of automation, since there were some base 9.1 client changes that apparently trickled down to Classic. Bug fixes and minor stuff.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    F r e s h ? ! ?
    Doesn't look like it! Looks like they're just implementing some changes to the client that they developed in Retail.

Hopefully it’s going to be fresh Classic with all kinds of improvements and maybe even new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Could just be part of automation, since there were some base 9.1 client changes that apparently trickled down to Classic. Bug fixes and minor stuff.
    Isn't the current client based on Legions retail client? 7.3? Quite sure it's actually really far behind. The number of anti-cheat systems and warden upgrades is huge. This could be a big step towards fewer bots. Also classic+ or a classic rerelease.

Damn, blizzard already gonna implement the Asmongold Classic+ Wish list that he tweeted out yday?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    fair i didnt think it would be touched

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Damn, blizzard already gonna implement the Asmongold Classic+ Wish list that he tweeted out yday?
    i didnt pay attention to his whining what did he want also i dont have or read twitter?

Classic+ about to happen. Lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think they should do fresh till after wrath. But tbh, I'd keep playing up to bfa

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I dont think they should do fresh till after wrath. But tbh, I'd keep playing up to bfa
    Fuck Wrath, a normal release like TBC would just be garbage on day 1 because of the economy and boosting inflation that's ruined the servers.

The only thing that can save Classic now are seasonal fresh servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Fuck Wrath, a normal release like TBC would just be garbage on day 1 because of the economy and boosting inflation that's ruined the servers.

The only thing that can save Classic now are seasonal fresh servers.
    Ironically, rampant botting deflates the economy, which is why i don mind it. Also, classic isn't ruined. I'm still having a great time

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ironically, rampant botting deflates the economy, which is why i don mind it. Also, classic isn't ruined. I'm still having a great time
    Great, I'm glad it's not ruined for you. For a lot of others it is.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Classic+ about to happen. Lol.
    I sincerely doubt this. Blizzard is exceptionally tone-deaf when it comes to listening to requests like these. It took over a decade for us to get Classic, I doubt Classic+ or "seasonal fresh Classic" is gonna happen for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I sincerely doubt this. Blizzard is exceptionally tone-deaf when it comes to listening to requests like these. It took over a decade for us to get Classic, I doubt Classic+ or "seasonal fresh Classic" is gonna happen for some time.
    I am 95% sure you'll have a another spin on classic vanilla within 5 years. I am currently thinking they do the current run through WOTLK classic and then start doing seasonal or some other approach with the classic servers they've created.

Waist of resources, focus on saving the main game.

Im willing to play more Classic if they make some cool changes, retail is dead in the water for me. Too many arbitrary power systems when all I wanna do is do dungeons and raid and not waste my time with stupid gold farming to get the piece to craft my legendary or boregast and the 10.000th Worldquest and Calling. Vanilla Classic is the best iteration because it focussed on what made WoW great, leveling and group content, everything else didn't matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great, I'm glad it's not ruined for you. For a lot of others it is.
    Just hit your buttons and collect loot. Not much to ruin tbh.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-08-19 at 08:25 PM.