Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Women are attracted to men with layers. And ogres have layers.
    A compelling argument sir, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I know that Ogres don't have a female version as of now, but how hard is it to create that?

And the argument made for Ogres being fat and ugly, no one would play them... yet the same can be said for Kul Tirans, they are one of the lowest subrace choice played. Barely beating Mechagnomes.

Ogres also have a vast amount of culture and history within World of Warcraft, they have been part of the franchise as early as Warcraft 1. They have a good amount of noteable lore characters such as Cho'gall, Dentarg, Mogor.

But I guess we could use one more variation of Elf I suppose.
    Because Ogres are Horde, and Kul Tirans are Alliance?

As well, Ogres are still not that implemented even though a clan is part of the Horde.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I want an Ogre covenant.

They look bad in slutmog.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sexism I'd say.

No one wants to model an actually ugly fat lady because no one thinks people will play them.

It's the same kind of mentality that brought the blatant sexual dimorphism in orcs, trolls and draenei. Males can look like hulky or shabby monsters, but females have to be either cute or fuckable.

If you look at the difference between the concept art for kul tirassian women and the actual model ingame, you'd probably see what I mean.
    Have you even seen the Kul Tiran models?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Women are attracted to men with layers. And ogres have layers.
    That is actually the scene Netflix uses for the Shrek preview if you happen to have it highlighted

Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    No. We had a single zone of kul tira land.
    We had an entire expansion with ogre land (WoD)
    1) We never stepped foot on ogre land in WoD. That's that bottom left part of the map.

2) Ogres were literally the enemy, not an allied race to us.

This thread went from zero to one hundred in no time.

On topic: Ogres and Mok'nathal would be really cool and thematic. Rexxar is still one of the meanest looking mfs in the entire game. I guess Blizzard didn't think this allied race thing through. Most of these races like Void Elves, totally-not-Tauren, Draenei² or the nu-Tirasians are complete garbage. It just shows how stupidly out of touch Blizzard is with their own setting that they'd rather introduce these asspull races instead of giving us long established races people wanted to play for ages like High Elves, Vrykul, Ogres/Mok'nathal etc.

I mean, there would have even been a lore reason for some of the Vrykul to join the Alliance since the Warchief of the Horde literally tried to enslave the leader of the Valarjar.
    Oh well, instead at least we got *checks notes* fat people.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    1) We never stepped foot on ogre land in WoD. That's that bottom left part of the map.

2) Ogres were literally the enemy, not an allied race to us.
    Draenor was ogre land before the rise of orcs and the arrival of the draenei. Shattrath was litterally constructed on the ruins of the ogre capital.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Ogres, centaurs, and many other races SHOULD have been added in years ago over the lazy and cheap reskins we were given.

Fact is, they weren't added because it would require artists to actually do their jobs and make the gear fit the exotic races. It's truly a simple task, but one they couldn't be bothered with cuz they'd rather slap that artist on a new store mount than have them make gear fit onto an ogre or centaur.

But we should have had them years ago, and us not having them is just one of many signs that Blizz don't care.

WoW devs are worse than Madden when it comes to delivering the bare minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Have you even seen the Kul Tiran models?
    Yeah. And if you compare the models and concept arts of the Kul tiran women, you'd see that they were intended to be of the ugly Ursula type. But someone along the process got cold feet and decided they should have doll's faces with just a bunch of scars to make them look tough.

Their models are ugly not by the design, but because they failed to follow through with the original design.

It's almost like the pandaren females not being allowed the same level of morbid obesity as the males, because it was more appealing to have them curvy and cuddly.

People are really talking about Ogre's and fuckability? I know that threads on this forum tend to get off track but jesus christ folks, what the fuck?

I bet that if Allied races were a thing during WoD, Blizzard would have included them. But at that point adding a race was supposed to be this huge thing, with their own starting zone and 'capital' so they couldn't justify adding Ogres.

However, there's still this Ogre continent. So there's hope:

I believe that continent might have been retconned out of existance. In Chronicles there's a big story of the clash of kaiju that created the main continent, but gives no indication of other continents. Its also missing from Chronicle's map (insert 'from the titans pov' i know). And Chronicles indicate that Shattrath was the original location of the ancient ogre capitol of Goria, not something across the sea.

In WoD theres no references to it being an 'ogre continent'. I believe the only reference to it existing in game is a quote from one ogre saying he served on two continents.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought one of the main reasons they haven't been added is that they are simply too big and wouldn't fit through most doors of the game and scaling them down would look straight up stupid.

Also they have only been portrayed as dumb brutes in WoW and honestly, why would you want to play as that?
    I'd prefer to play something with more than 2 braincells, and no, having two heads sharing said braincells doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I know that Ogres don't have a female version as of now, but how hard is it to create that?

And the argument made for Ogres being fat and ugly, no one would play them... yet the same can be said for Kul Tirans, they are one of the lowest subrace choice played. Barely beating Mechagnomes.

Ogres also have a vast amount of culture and history within World of Warcraft, they have been part of the franchise as early as Warcraft 1. They have a good amount of noteable lore characters such as Cho'gall, Dentarg, Mogor.

But I guess we could use one more variation of Elf I suppose.
    They added Kul Tirans so they could add Ogres in the future. Don't you think it's a little strange how they used existing skeletons for all the rest, but created new ones for Kul Tirans (and fat ones at that)?

You can see below the reasons why Ogres would be added with Kul Tiran skeletons:

Prior to The Burning Crusade, his model was just a regular orc with light brown skin.
    • Rexxar's model from The Burning Crusade through Legion was a re-texture of a regular male orc. However, the sounds he made in combat were in fact borrowed from fel orcs.
    •Rexxar's model introduced in Battle for Azeroth uses Kul Tiran animations.

After their arrival in Azeroth, the Stonemaul joined the Horde by the will of Overlord Geya'rah.

Maldraxxi gladiator female version has the Kul Tiran female animation rig.
    Maldraxxi gladiator male version has the ogre animation rig with a different standing posture.
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-08-20 at 01:52 PM.

I am just annoyed we didn't get different body types like they orginally planned... I think they know it wasn't a popular move as well since kul tirans are rarely used as major npcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine they are too big, and would look just silly if made small. Plus, Ogres are also a little awkward in that they are just plain stupid. Not all of them, sure, but I'd imagine if they were to be playable, they wouldn't go with the traditional dumb Ogres.

I suppose they could do something very difference and new, and create a playable race of pygmy Ogres, high on Kaja'mite, but ehhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

If Blizz couldn't be bothered to model female ogres during the literal ogre expansion, what makes you think they'd bother now?

Because Ogres don't fit through doors.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Cost.

Kul Tirans are just reskinned humans. Vulpera are just reskinned goblins.

Ogres probably require too much work to reskin a Tauren and still look acceptable...besides they already reskinned Tauren.