Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Yeah. And since games are still targeting a mostly male audience, you need pretty women to appeal to them, but you can have ugly mugs for men.
    You might wanna look at FF14 and how many women prefer playing "fuckable" female characters there.

Sidenote, Kul Tiran women are basically Amy Schumer, so the whole argument of "It's not sexy enough so it won't happen" doesn't hold much water seeing as most people think female Kul Tirans are pretty unappealing and yet they're still playable.

For the same reason people have been asking for High Elves for the last 15 years but Blizzard only continues to mock and insult their playerbase for daring to ask for it: because Blizzard doesn't care and has contempt for their fandom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Tell me, Pony person, are you absolutely sure no one would consider Orcs, Trolls, Draenei cute, fuckable OR both? Because assuming that is kink shaming and you're going to jail.
    I mean FDraenei are easily the sexiest race in the game.

/waggle
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    easy answer- make the males "fuckable" as well. I thought they were on the right track when those NE armors came out around war of thorns. It was a damn shame they were just for NPCs.

Applies to other areas too. SlutPlate? don't remove the female slutplate, just create male slutplate! Let my Orc/Dranei/Whatever run around in a freakin tarzan loincloth, or shirtless.

Now, I'm not saying there should be "eye candy" stuff in the game, I'm only saying if there's gonna be eye candy in the game, make some for everyone. /shrug
    This is pretty stupid. Slutplates haven't really been in the game since Classic and even then you could cover up by wearing shirts, tabards etc. since then most "revealing" armor sets have been roughly the same for both sexes.

I also don't agree with making it the same for everyone. When we're talking about e.g. Night Elves we're looking at a race that was deeply divided in terms of gender up until very recently in the lore. It makes perfect sense that their men would dress differently than their women and it's perfectly fine to express that in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flade View Post
    Rip my boy Kael'thas, they did him so dirty that it still hurts.
    Don't worry. At least they brought him back so he could be lectured in the afterlife.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-08-20 at 06:01 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Pretty much this. It's like they squander all the potential their setting has on purpose. But it's always been this way since at least TBC when they decided to start nuking WC3 characters for no reason and put High Elves on the wrong team because the Horde needed a "girlfriend race" while giving Alliance "demons but good".
    New draenei were a crime. Blood elves on horde i think is great and it works but they used it to screw over Zul'Jin for a cheap 10 man raid
    Last edited by Rend Blackhand; 2021-08-20 at 05:34 PM.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This is pretty stupid. Slutplates haven't really been in the game since Classic and even then you could cover up by wearing shirts, tabards etc. since then most "revealing" armor sets have been roughly the same for both sexes.

I also don't agree with making it the same for everyone. When we're talking about e.g. Night Elves we're looking at a race that was deeply divided in terms of gender up until very recently in the lore. It makes perfect sense that their men would dress differently than their women and it's perfectly fine to express that in the game.

Don't worry. At they brought him back so he could be lectured in the afterlife.
    You missed the point mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Yeah. And since games are still targeting a mostly male audience, you need pretty women to appeal to them, but you can have ugly mugs for men.
    Lets see here as to female models only being attractive that's a very blanket statement.

Tauren - plus size model
    Orc - muscles and fit build
    Troll - the human of horde
    Undead - slim
    Goblin - little person
    Panda - plus size
    Blood Elves - femine men but slim alive females
    Vulpera - furry

Night elf - fit
    Human - standard
    Dwarves and gnomes - thick and thin little people
    Draenai - slim goat
    Kt - thick
    Worgen - furry

Panda - thick for both

There are a ton of different variations of models tp choose from. Person tastes shouldnt come into it but I don't see how it's sexest in the least. Males also have to be a standard size as most adventurers would be at peak human conditioning. Though races do have options in that if you want to play a plus size model, there are at least two per faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I mean if you're into that, by all means, I'm neutral on the whole thing. I can only imagine what the reaction would be like, I wasn't around to see what the reaction was to female Kul Tirans lol.
    Most of it was rather mild. People complained that they looked off and uncanny valleyish with how weirdly their weight and muscle is placed in their body. Most stocky people look nothing like them. A lot of the complaints came from blizzard scrapping the skinny models and making a " new" race just fat people rather then an actual race.
    Last edited by Coals; 2021-08-20 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    You missed the point mate.
    Then what is your point? You can literally already run around like Tarzan in a loincloth. You can already run around shirtless.

Which faction would benefit from introducing ogres to their midst? If any dominant sub faction of peace seeking ogres entered the world it would have to be a grandiose spin off what ogres have been up til now in order to justify the horde or alliance to accept them as an ally. Kul tiras has conceptually had lore which backs its affiliation toe the alliance and their affiliations. Pandaren had no such thing other than knowledge of their existence prior to mop, which allowed the writing to go directly to neutrality. Ogres have established lore and even with things like highmaul it doesnt justify their allegiance with a faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Which faction would benefit from introducing ogres to their midst? If any dominant sub faction of peace seeking ogres entered the world it would have to be a grandiose spin off what ogres have been up til now in order to justify the horde or alliance to accept them as an ally. Kul tiras has conceptually had lore which backs its affiliation toe the alliance and their affiliations. Pandaren had no such thing other than knowledge of their existence prior to mop, which allowed the writing to go directly to neutrality. Ogres have established lore and even with things like highmaul it doesnt justify their allegiance with a faction.
    There is the massive group in tbc that were enlightened by apexis crystals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Sexism would if I said that women should be treated differently than men. I've said nothing of that sort.
    I just pointed out what in women that gives men a boner, not what sort of women men love, want to talk to or marry, just what gives men a boner.
    Boners can't be sexist as they have no free will.
    Ah, you're right. I should've said "misogynist" -- my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Coals View Post
    There is the massive group in tbc that were enlightened by apexis crystals.
    Enlightened to the point of wanting to go at war with their brothers by aligning themselves to opposing factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Lets see here as to female models only being attractive that's a very blanket statement.

Tauren - plus size model
    Orc - muscles and fit build
    Troll - the human of horde
    Undead - slim
    Goblin - little person
    Panda - plus size
    Blood Elves - femine men but slim alive females
    Vulpera - furry

Night elf - fit
    Human - standard
    Dwarves and gnomes - thick and thin little people
    Draenai - slim goat
    Kt - thick
    Worgen - furry

Panda - thick for both

There are a ton of different variations of models tp choose from. Person tastes shouldnt come into it but I don't see how it's sexest in the least. Males also have to be a standard size as most adventurers would be at peak human conditioning. Though races do have options in that if you want to play a plus size model, there are at least two per faction.
    But the fact that you're able to associate them with irl model sizes is the problem.

Why aren't the female orcs as bulky as the males ? Why aren't the female trolls hunched like the males ? Or the pandaren females as obese as the males ?

My point is not on the variety of human bodies you can find in the wow girls. My point is their sole existence and the sexual dimorphism in monster races.

This is my point. I know that the cartoonish style of warcraft allows for stylisation, but don't you think that there's in general more gap between the male and female of a same race, than in females of different races ?

Also please, don't point to me that draenei are an alien race and so this kind of sexual dimorphism is normal. My point is not on the lore but on the design.

And when I say it's sexist, I'm not saying it's offensively terrible violent sexism. It's just ordinary sexism in a dynamic where a design has to appeal to the male audience and gives you the usual sexy women and cool monsters.

I know ogres have not been released yet because you can't imagine a female ogre as something else than a very ugly and fat creature and it's a step they haven't been ready to take for years.

Lets be honest here, if blizzard wanted to add ogres no amount of lore -or lack there of- would stop them, case in point pretty much any allied race, they stopped caring about lore long ago.

Something this picture made me realize is that the Shadowlands races really do not match the old school sexual dimorphism.

Kyrians, Venthyr and Sylvari look very much alike in stature. Maybe a hint at how new races will be designed in WoW? Vulpera are similar.

Enlightened to the point of wanting to go at war with their brothers by aligning themselves to opposing factions?
    More or less. I admit I haven't replayed tbc but I vaguely recall them killing other orgres for "reasons" though I could be misremembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Something this picture made me realize is that the Shadowlands races really do not match the old school sexual dimorphism.

Kyrians, Venthyr and Sylvari look very much alike in stature. Maybe a hint at how new races will be designed in WoW? Vulpera are similar.
    I'm only hoping for that.

That and it's an easier way to produce multiple races quickly. No two sets of animations, not too much work on textures and stuff...

My point is not on the variety of human bodies you can find in the wow girls. My point is their sole existence and the sexual dimorphism in monster races.

Idk man, the longer I look at this the more I feel like the dimorphism isn't really restricted to the monstrous races. Apart from that the image you posted is very much exaggerated. Draenei males are broad but they're not this huge. If you place a human male next to a human female the difference in size and shape is actually very similar to that of Orcs/Tauren or Draenei. It's just that all males in Warcraft (with a few exceptions) are body building hulks that are twice the size of their female counterparts.

But the fact that you're able to associate them with irl model sizes is the problem.

Why aren't the female orcs as bulky as the males ? Why aren't the female trolls hunched like the males ? Or the pandaren females as obese as the males ?

This is my point. I know that the cartoonish style of warcraft allows for stylisation, but don't you think that there's in general more gap between the male and female of a same race, than in females of different races ?

Also please, don't point to me that draenei are an alien race and so this kind of sexual dimorphism is normal. My point is not on the lore but on the design.

And when I say it's sexist, I'm not saying it's offensively terrible violent sexism. It's just ordinary sexism in a dynamic where a design has to appeal to the male audience and gives you the usual sexy women and cool monsters.

I know ogres have not been released yet because you can't imagine a female ogre as something else than a very ugly and fat creature and it's a step they haven't been ready to take for years.
    Males can't be anything but muscley, so it's not sexism. Both genders of every race are stuck with stock views, not just the females. It's a really old game engine and sliders won't work with the game at all because of how the legacy code works, would require them to rebuild the entire engine, redo every armor set, etc.

You can't say to me that every male isnt also in their most genric "sexy self".
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.