Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why were Kul Tirans added, but Ogres are still not playable?

I know that Ogres don't have a female version as of now, but how hard is it to create that?

And the argument made for Ogres being fat and ugly, no one would play them... yet the same can be said for Kul Tirans, they are one of the lowest subrace choice played. Barely beating Mechagnomes.

Ogres also have a vast amount of culture and history within World of Warcraft, they have been part of the franchise as early as Warcraft 1. They have a good amount of noteable lore characters such as Cho'gall, Dentarg, Mogor.

But I guess we could use one more variation of Elf I suppose.

because no one cares about orgres

Blizz hates the old Horde and everything to do with it.

They are too big.

Because we had a whole expansion on Kul Tiras not on non-existent Ogre Land.

Sexism I'd say.

No one wants to model an actually ugly fat lady because no one thinks people will play them.

It's the same kind of mentality that brought the blatant sexual dimorphism in orcs, trolls and draenei. Males can look like hulky or shabby monsters, but females have to be either cute or fuckable.

If you look at the difference between the concept art for kul tirassian women and the actual model ingame, you'd probably see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sexism I'd say.

No one wants to model an actually ugly fat lady because no one thinks people will play them.

It's the same kind of mentality that brought the blatant sexual dimorphism in orcs, trolls and draenei. Males can look like hulky or shabby monsters, but females have to be either cute or fuckable.
    You can call it sexism all you want, but men in general are attracted to "fuckable" women = young, tight and firm = women that are in the breedable age.
    That is how we are programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    You can call it sexism all you want, but men in general are attracted to "fuckable" women = young, tight and firm = women that are in the breedable age.
    Yeah. And since games are still targeting a mostly male audience, you need pretty women to appeal to them, but you can have ugly mugs for men.

But women are "attracted to "unfuckable" men"?

If the females have to "fuckable" why don't the males have to be "fuckable" too?

Sexism I'd say.

If you look at the difference between the concept art for kul tirassian women and the actual model ingame, you'd probably see what I mean.
    Tell me, Pony person, are you absolutely sure no one would consider Orcs, Trolls, Draenei cute, fuckable OR both? Because assuming that is kink shaming and you're going to jail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sexism I'd say.

That's the stupidest thing I've read and I read this forum a lot.

I bet that if Allied races were a thing during WoD, Blizzard would have included them. But at that point adding a race was supposed to be this huge thing, with their own starting zone and 'capital' so they couldn't justify adding Ogres.

However, there's still this Ogre continent. So there's hope:

Lol, what? That sounds extremely adolescent and old pig at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post

If the females have to "fuckable" why don't the males have to be "fuckable" too?
    A lot of the male characters are already muscly men. To me this "fuckable" art direction is pretty even. It's mostly enemies that tend to be fat and ugly, and those are usually men which I wouldn't say is a positive thing.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Women have a wider variety of factors that decides whether a man is "fuckable" or not:
    Youth helps, but isn't mandatory, as men can breed until they are very old. Women stop being able to breed at a much younger age than men.
    Beauty is a factor, but strength is also a factor, so a strong man who isn't beautiful can be attractive as well.
    Succes/leadership etc. also influences whether a man is "fuckable" or not.

So if we combine the above factors then a man can be "fuckable" even if he isn't young and beautiful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Lol, what? That sounds extremely adolescent and old pig at the same time
    The boner never lies.

Women are attracted to men with resources, titles and power.

Men are attracted to attractive women.

We're wired to want different things. Women want security, men want fertility and good genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Because we had a whole expansion on Kul Tiras not on non-existent Ogre Land.
    No. We had a single zone of kul tira land.
    We had an entire expansion with ogre land (WoD)

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Women are attracted to men with resources, titles and power.

Men are attracted to attractive women.

We're wired to want different things. Women want security, men want fertility and good genetics.
    I know quite a few women who would say they're attracted to... attractive men.

Well as I said, video games still targets mostly a male audience, plus we now know the kind of guys who made the universe.

Males don't need to look fuckable, because the industry doesn't (didn't at the time) care to appeal to girls. So they need to look cool and monstrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Tell me, Pony person, are you absolutely sure no one would consider Orcs, Trolls, Draenei cute, fuckable OR both? Because assuming that is kink shaming and you're going to jail.
    Twitter and tumblr have proven me that people can thirst over any kind of creature. But even if the original is kinda ugly, they'd usually draw them in a way that is much more appealing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    That's the stupidest thing I've read and I read this forum a lot.
    Maybe but I think it's also mentioned in John Staats book on WoW development that ogres were not made playable in vanilla because no one wanted to model theire females.

Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    No. We had a single zone of kul tira land.
    We had an entire expansion with ogre land (WoD)
    Yeah. And at no point in BFA were ogres mentioned in the war efforts of the Horde. Hence why would you make them playable at this point ?

Women are attracted to men with layers. And ogres have layers.