Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    1) We never stepped foot on ogre land in WoD. That's that bottom left part of the map.

2) Ogres were literally the enemy, not an allied race to us.
    At first it was implied that Goria was another continent, they later revealed that Goria was the same continent in the past, and not much remains of the ogre empire.

The only hope for playable "ogres" is Mok'nathal, using Rexxar's new model.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Kul Tirans are just reskinned humans.
    Females, yes. Males, no. At most, they may have started with vrykul skeletons, but they're so heavily modified, they may as well be considered their own thing.

The big Kul'tiran has a unique animation, though it seems similar to pandaren. Probably derived from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sexism I'd say.

No one wants to model an actually ugly fat lady because no one thinks people will play them.

It's the same kind of mentality that brought the blatant sexual dimorphism in orcs, trolls and draenei. Males can look like hulky or shabby monsters, but females have to be either cute or fuckable.

If you look at the difference between the concept art for kul tirassian women and the actual model ingame, you'd probably see what I mean.
    Well they did model the absolute terror that was the Beta Female Troll before they were changed into essentially human females with troll hands and feet with tusks on their face:

And the Female Tauren and some of the dwarf and gnome females had some really strange face textures before the visual overhaul. Not to mention they made Therazane and Princess Theradras with no issues. If anything I'd say it's more likely they haven't planned for Ogres to be a playable race and didn't think it was necessary to make a female version all this time. Also as an aside, regardless of sex aren't Kul'tirans the least played race anyway?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Blizz probably feels that Ogres aren’t interesting enough to make into a playable race. They were mostly hurr dumb in WoD and even in Exiles Reach, much later, they’re still hurr dumb with no real nuance to them.

They’re probably aware there’s an older fan demand for Ogres but I would guess they think they’re not interesting enough to do a race of. Kul Tirans have their continent full of culture and the “huge human” aesthetic that is lacking in Alliance while Ogres don’t bring anything new to Horde.

Kul'tirans aren't ogres. Cmon now. It's not like you could give the model to the horde and call them ogres with a new paint job.

Horde got Vulpera, instead of those sea goblins and Alliance was still stuck with the mechagnomes.

If you want Ogres, well... i want Sethrak on the alliance. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Draenor was ogre land before the rise of orcs and the arrival of the draenei. Shattrath was litterally constructed on the ruins of the ogre capital.
    Yea, that's cute and all but emphasis is on 'was'.

Ogres were not an allied race on Draenor so they are not an "allied race". I hope that makes sense, I can't put it any simpler.

Main universe ogres have literally nothing going on for them to even be considered worth the effort of making playable models and write a story around them.
    Not even mentioning how you would even make that big a race playable.
    We literally had problems with Zandalari trolls being too big for certain things that were fixed constantly.

Its deeeeeply buried at this point, but, pre wc3, ogres reproduced by capturing women of other species. PRIOR to that, they more or less were created via Titans and devolved through interspecies mating into Ogres from the Gronn.

Sorry. Its pretty hard to spin that into playable race that represents men and women when ogres can ONLY make other male ogres. (There are exceptions in other literature of Ogress', but given the corp culture of Blizzard, i guess that explains that)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Women are attracted to men with layers. And ogres have layers.
    Onions have layers too, but hopefully no one is trying to put the moves on one.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

i think there is 3 issues with it.
    1 The only Orges in the horde are the Stonemaul i believe and they are very few in numbers lesser then the void elves(lore wise)
    2 in all of wows lifetime, we have not seen a single female
    3 This is regarding classes, because Mana users, IE mages, Shamans warlocks, which id guess they all have,Orges skilled with magic, tend to have 2 heads so like how do you work that in for the PC? A special racial? a chnce for spells to double cast? Double Intellect?

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Because we had a whole expansion on Kul Tiras not on non-existent Ogre Land.
    Pretty much this, the races were added because they tied into the expansion, and there wasn't a single ogre to be seen on Kul Tiras.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This thread went from zero to one hundred in no time.

On topic: Ogres and Mok'nathal would be really cool and thematic. Rexxar is still one of the meanest looking mfs in the entire game. I guess Blizzard didn't think this allied race thing through. Most of these races like Void Elves, totally-not-Tauren, Draenei² or the nu-Tirasians are complete garbage. It just shows how stupidly out of touch Blizzard is with their own setting that they'd rather introduce these asspull races instead of giving us long established races people wanted to play for ages like High Elves, Vrykul, Ogres/Mok'nathal etc.

I mean, there would have even been a lore reason for some of the Vrykul to join the Alliance since the Warchief of the Horde literally tried to enslave the leader of the Valarjar.
    Oh well, instead at least we got *checks notes* fat people.
    Rexxar has a super unique and cool model.. that could have been made into more.. add some extra bulk and you got a pretty mean looking ogre that actually looks cool. The ones we saw in wod etc.. lets be honest that model was never appealing.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard are immune to good ideas.

Instead of Vrykul, Alliance got allied race: fat people. Instead of Ogres, horde get furry bait vulpera
    Me not that kind of Orc!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Blizzard are immune to good ideas.

Instead of Vrykul, Alliance got allied race: fat people. Instead of Ogres, horde get furry bait vulpera
    High elves? pff no, you get these totally new elves no one asked that robbed you of your chance of getting krokul
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well they did model the absolute terror that was the Beta Female Troll before they were changed into essentially human females with troll hands and feet with tusks on their face:

And the Female Tauren and some of the dwarf and gnome females had some really strange face textures before the visual overhaul. Not to mention they made Therazane and Princess Theradras with no issues. If anything I'd say it's more likely they haven't planned for Ogres to be a playable race and didn't think it was necessary to make a female version all this time. Also as an aside, regardless of sex aren't Kul'tirans the least played race anyway?
    Yeah those are good points. And as you say, they made ugly troll females but backpedaled to human girls with less toes. So the fault doesn't lie onto the art team, they are ready to make ugly girls. It's more of a market thing I'd say.

And the Kul tirans are the least playable race ? Then that means the playerbase is not ready for fat ugly girls, even with a compromise as dull as the tirassian dolls faces.

So not only female ogres are still not deemed marketable in this day and age, but the playerbase actually makes the point that they are not.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yeah. And if you compare the models and concept arts of the Kul tiran women, you'd see that they were intended to be of the ugly Ursula type. But someone along the process got cold feet and decided they should have doll's faces with just a bunch of scars to make them look tough.

Their models are ugly not by the design, but because they failed to follow through with the original design.

It's almost like the pandaren females not being allowed the same level of morbid obesity as the males, because it was more appealing to have them curvy and cuddly.
    Which we got, Lady Ashvane.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Which we got, Lady Ashvane.
    Yes. As an antagonist, and her ugly mug was not made playable.

Ogres would have made so much sense to be playable on multiple occasions. In TBC we see Rexxar play a more active role where he visits his father and we meet a lot of other ogre tribes where at least one of them could be joining the Horde. Cata/MoP had Garrosh recruiting new members for the Horde, yet for some reason he left the ogres out. WoD has so much ogre content aswell and would have been ideal to introduce as a new playable race. In BFA we again search for new allies, and again the ogres are left out.

There are a few issues with playable ogres. The obvious one being the lack of female ogres, IMO they should just have a male only option even if it means that girl players might miss out on playing their own gender. You could also add harpies as a playable race to be female only to make up for it. The other issue if their height so they wouldn't fit through doors, could be solved to just give them the size of a tauren or Kul'tiran.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Ogres would have made so much sense to be playable on multiple occasions. In TBC we see Rexxar play a more active role where he visits his father and we meet a lot of other ogre tribes where at least one of them could be joining the Horde. Cata/MoP had Garrosh recruiting new members for the Horde, yet for some reason he left the ogres out. WoD has so much ogre content aswell and would have been ideal to introduce as a new playable race. In BFA we again search for new allies, and again the ogres are left out.

There are a few issues with playable ogres. The obvious one being the lack of female ogres, IMO they should just have a male only option even if it means that girl players might miss out on playing their own gender. You could also add harpies as a playable race to be female only to make up for it. The other issue if their height so they wouldn't fit through doors, could be solved to just give them the size of a tauren or Kul'tiran.
    I mean orge females could just have the same body as male orges barring genitals. The idea that sexes must have different builds isn't a universal thing across different species.

Same could hold true for harpies though with their sexualization it wouldn't really make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Onions have layers too, but hopefully no one is trying to put the moves on one.
    Women love men who make them cry, just like onions.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Oh, regarding the ogre females... We do know what they look like:
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20200401120159
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180301182529

Oh and this is an ogre kid, for the lulz: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20150103133815

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. As an antagonist, and her ugly mug was not made playable.
    The art in the artbooks aren't exactly the be-all, end-all of design though. Lots of them are just ideas and concepts.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann