Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - July 21, 2021, Activision Blizzard Sued By California

Patch 9.1 Hotfixes - July 21, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Druid
      • Born Anew's (Conduit) primary stat bonus reduces to 20 upon the beginning of a new encounter.
        • Developers’ note: The intent of this bonus is to provide a benefit when using resurrections in combat. But it is best to avoid situations where players might feel compelled to min/max something like this before starting a pull.
    • Priest
      • Shadow
        • Shadow Crash's (Talent) ground visual will now match the area effect.
        • Void Volley's (PvP Talent) ground visuals will now match the area effect and has more defined edges.
    • Warrior
      • Arms
        • Fixed an issue where Swift Patrol (Niya Soulbind) caused the auto-attack timer to reset.

Creatures ad NPCs
    • Players now have a 2 second grace period to keep their vision of targets within the area contained by the Soul Chains between the Soul Cages during the Mor'geth encounter.
    • Reduced the number of Prince Renathals in Sinfall. Press F to pay respects.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Sanctum of Domination
      • Defeating Sylvanas Windrunner on Mythic difficulty will now reward 2 Vengeance’s Reins.
      • Remnant of Ner’zhul
        • Players can no longer cause a second orb to become non-interactable while carrying an Orb of Torment.
    • Plaguefall
      • You must now defeat the first three bosses of the dungeon before the door to Margrave Stradama opens on all difficulties.
        • Developers’ note: The first two bosses of the dungeon were frequently being skipped in lower-difficulty dungeons, typically by groups who were trying to earn Renown much faster than intended. To improve players' Renown earnings, we've also added a chance for Renown to be earned by completing layers in Torghast (see hotfix below).

Items and Rewards
    • Teleporter Repair Kits should no longer have a Unique count and will now stack to 50.
    • Repaired Riftkeys will also now stack to 50.
      • Developers’ note: Early in development, Teleporter Repair Kits and Repaired Riftkeys were only available from the vendor. Based on player feedback of not knowing if they were worth purchasing, we decided to have them drop occasionally as well. Now that these items dropped and became out of player’s control, we should have removed the unique cap on the Teleporter Repair Kits then. Also, since you have access to purchasing the Teleporter Repair Kits or Repaired Rift Keys, we are disabling them from going to mail if you loot one with a full inventory so they will no longer fill up your mailbox.

• The item levels of Conduits sold by the Rated PvP vendor have been corrected.
    • Fixed an issue where the Salvaged Fusion Amplifier was not dropping for Marksmanship and Beastmaster Hunters.

Quests
    • Fixed an issue during “Nal’ragas” that caused internal text to be visible to users of certain nameplate addons.

Torghast
    • Renown is now a possible reward from Torghast completions, with better chances at Renown coming from higher Torghast difficulties.

Activision Blizzard Sued By California
    According to a Bloomberg law article, Activision Blizzard is being sued over a 'frat boy' culture after a 2-year investigation by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing. For more information, check out the article below, and read the full court filing.

15+ Year Old Account
    About time they made that change to plaguefall. Allways seemed silly you could skip so much - so many wanting to be “effective” they find as many ways they can to basicly avoid playing the game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frat boys yeah kinda saw that but didn't know it was this bad, I can no longer support WoW or any product by Activision! This was one 2 year investigation and it looks really bad!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    About time they made that change to plaguefall. Allways seemed silly you could skip so much - so many wanting to be “effective” they find as many ways they can to basicly avoid playing the game.
    Yeah frankly I like this change. While I didn't mind skipping bosses, in PUG's someone would asspull something or whatever, there would be too much drama, and it was frankly just annoying (the drama, I don't care about ass pulls). Glad they made this change.

How the mighty have fallen. I want to believe this was not the norm when Metzen, Morhiem and that bunch were running things, so that’s what I’m going to tell myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we know why Afrasiabi left Blizzard suddenly and deleted his social media, he is quoted on the lawsuit as basically being a creep and harassing young female Blizzard employees.
    Also that explains why J. Allen Brack just went live yesterday into the Game Maker's Notebook podcast for 1 hour to talk about female rights and the "inclusion" Blizzard is doing .. they are on active damage control.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Now we know why Afrasiabi left Blizzard suddenly and deleted his social media, he is quoted on the lawsuit as basically being a creep and harassing young female Blizzard employees.
    Also that explains why J. Allen Brack just went live yesterday into the Game Maker's Notebook podcast for 1 hour to talk about female rights and the "inclusion" Blizzard is doing .. they are on active damage control.
    When afrasiabi left and there was no.. 'We wish him well in future endeavors' and otgher platitudes, and everything about him seemed to be scrubbed, I had a feeling something like this was coming eventually. 'Frat Boy' culture in Video Game Companies (and a lot of Tech to be honest) is not really uncommon, its despicable and needs to be curtailed, but this in no way shocks me(Hell, anyone who has been to BlizzCon and heard earshot of what some blizzard employees were saying about 'Blizzard Bunnies' shouldn't be shocked). There has been a LOT of turnover at blizzard in the past few years, including a lot of higher up positions, some of that may have been pre-emptive damage control (this investigation has been going on for years, Blizzard would have to be completely incompetent to have not caught wind of this shit by now)

15+ Year Old Account

lol. I feel vindicated after years of saying blizzard sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    How the mighty have fallen. I want to believe this was not the norm when Metzen, Morhiem and that bunch were running things, so that’s what I’m going to tell myself.
    The investigation started 2 years ago .. my (very uninformed) guess is that's why they stepped down.

But yeah, I share your sentiment

Just read through a bit of the report. My God, what a fucking terrible place to work.

In before whiteknights.

oh please,metzen was a walking talking frat boy stereotype

I worked at 3100 ATVI HQ, and I have never seen any of this. We have many female leadership at HQ too, far more than any other placed I worked at. This is probably isolates to studio level at Blizzard. I'm not saying this is right or didn't happen.

Is this a new culture? Like has this been going on for over a decade without us knowing or a recent problem?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Is this a new culture? Like has this been going on for over a decade without us knowing or a recent problem?
    Well, when it comes to light that it was THIS entrenched and widespread in the company culture the safe assumption is that it was going on for way longer than you think.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    sounds like it goes back to atleast 2013.

https://twitter.com/skrutsick/status...06293495762944
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by fearcazic View Post
    I worked at 3100 ATVI HQ, and I have never seen any of this. We have many female leadership at HQ too, far more than any other placed I worked at. This is probably isolates to studio level at Blizzard. I'm not saying this is right or didn't happen.
    It's at both and multiple levels. There's complaints specifically talking about Blizzard and Activision

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, they had the power, they have part of the responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    "California Department of Fair Employment"

Government agencies often twist everything out of context to try and be as obnoxious as possible. Willing to bet most of the accusations are greatly exaggerated.
    lol if this isn't sarcasm then I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    "California Department of Fair Employment"

Government agencies often twist everything out of context to try and be as obnoxious as possible. Willing to bet most of the accusations are greatly exaggerated.
    You're not going to score any points white-knighting for Blizzard on this one, I'm sorry to say.

They have and will have plenty of testimonies to back this up. Sounds like it was a cesspit there that tried its damnedest to make you think it was the most magical place on earth.

The only place more 'frat boy' than a big video game developer is a video game publisher, and ActiBlizz is both.