Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Finaly, Blizz is saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Let's say they have a budget of 1000 dollars, and they divide that among their games. Now they need to pay for a book, let's say 5 dollars. They have to take those 5 dollars from somewhere. So one, or all, of the games will now have less of a budget. If they had 1005 dollars from the start, that should have all already been tied up in the games. So they either took money out of the budget for the games, or they had leftover money that they should have put towards the games, but didn't.
    It's shocking how stupid shiit people are spreading on the internet without even thinking for a second. I mean you are probably proud of what you wrote? Such clever thinking. Too bad it only makes you look like complete clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    True. Now it's time to sit down and think. Why on Earth did it end up like this? You don't get an antagonistic, jaded, perpetually complaining fandom accidentally.
    yeah, It's a general trend tbh.. not just warcraft. Also, it's a personal responsibility thing, it's on you if you indulge in it or not.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The company spent money on this. Money was not spent elsewhere.

It had an impact, but if you're too stupid to understand that, you can't be helped.
    Like always, you deliver.

No one said the joke about this costing a raid tier yet? Disappointed!

Shadowlands is saved!
    Shadowlands.....is...FREEEEEEE!

I used the popcorn recipe from the last book before reading this thread. Totally worth it.

I think this time I will get one, the recipes look crazy and I mean that positive, people will look at my creations and smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    OMG! Just what EVERYONE has been asking for...
    Looks like many people have asked for it, have you even clicked the amazon link? People buying it pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    I think this time I will get one, the recipes look crazy and I mean that positive, people will look at my creations and smile

Looks like many people have asked for it, have you even clicked the amazon link? People buying it pretty fast.
    155 IS quite a few. I concede...

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    As someone who -does- know how publishing works, I can say this would only cost a few ten thousand dollars to produce, [...] At most 100k+,
    Ok, so you -DO- work in the industry and you can give us the tight range of costs ranging from a few ten thousands to 100 thousand plus. Right, nice ballpark. It could be 20 to 150 thousand? You have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBerzerko View Post
    Wonder if they have their Sexual Harassment Soufflé recipe in there
    Damn... that guy went full berserk with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I wonder if there's a 'bill cosby special' in there, I hear Blizz devs really look up to Bill...

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever heard of a cake?
    That’s not cake that’s bread.

Just because they both rise doesn’t mean they’re the same.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-08-21 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0mura View Post
    Shadowlands.....is...FREEEEEEE!
    When did Blizzard make expansions or wow FREEEEE?

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Wtf? Who gives a shit about a wow themed cook book? Just make the game good ffs then we can look at cook books... jesus.
    You are aware that the team who made the cook book is a completely separate team from the devs right? This has no effect on the game whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

It had an impact, but if you're too stupid to understand that, you can't be helped.
    NO it didn't because YOU are the one who doesn't get it. If the money is not spent on the cookbook, it is not spent at all. That money was not taken from the game nor was it going to be magically spent on the game if not the cookbooks. Also, you shouldn't insult others when the insult can be easily directed right back at you.

If you don't understand that, you can't be helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Although I agree, surely this has taken -something- to make, right? If Activision Blizzard, as a multi-dollar company has to allocate 50 dollars to have this heap of garbage made, it's 50 dollars less they have to spend on the heap of garbage that is WoW.
    But they were never goinng to spend that $50 on the game,. Ever. That $50 was a part of the marketing budget, no game development budget. So, no, nothing was taken from the game. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    For God's sake... some of you people are piece of work. The author is not a game developer and doesn't work for Blizzard. http://https://www.simonandschuster.com/authors/Chelsea-Monroe-Cassel/2098331628
    Technically, she has a contract with Blizzard to make the cookbook.

Its made by someone NOT working for blizzard with a license on blizzard products, If anything. This only made blizzard money. Not taken away from it. It was not written by blizzard or a blizzard employee, it was not published by blizzard and it did not in any way shape or form take anything away from blizzard

The chick of wrote the book also have elder scrolls cookbooks, game of thrones cookbooks. I guess that took away from blizzard aswell, am i right ?

That Bread of the Dead looks like a one way ticket to the burning legion domain.

The creampie special is a personal fav!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    yeah, It's a general trend tbh.. not just warcraft. Also, it's a personal responsibility thing, it's on you if you indulge in it or not.
    I mean no disrespect, but you sound like somebody suffering from a bad case of denial.

"Surely Blizzard never did anything that might piss off their fans ever in the past ten years or so. This is just the time we live in. And all the bad people"

I can list for you plenty of things Square Enix did with FFXIV that personally doesn't bother me but I know for a fact that it was an unwelcome change for many. You can like something and be critical you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

But they were never goinng to spend that $50 on the game,. Ever. That $50 was a part of the marketing budget, no game development budget. So, no, nothing was taken from the game. Period.
    It is truly amazing how few people get this. And this is definitely not exlusive to WoW. A lot of FF fans seem to think that a dungeon was sacreficed for male Viera to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You are aware that the team who made the cook book is a completely separate team from the devs right? This has no effect on the game whatsoever.
    Are you aware that that a large portion of WoW gamer base, and gaming in general, are absolutely retarded.

Just look at various forums, Twitch, Youtube, Twitter or social media in general and you'll pretty quickly come to the conclusion that your left shoe is more intelligent than a chunk of gamers. They're the village idiots given a voice via social media.
    "“I gave you the chance of aiding me willingly, but you have elected the way of pain."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    When did Blizzard make expansions or wow FREEEEE?
    Nah he meant the literal place in universe. Like old Grommash who proclaimed Draenor is free and all the Draenei were okay with it and conveniently forgot the many years of attempted genocide.

Lovely flavor, with a hint of sexual harassment.