Poll: Will you upgrade to Windows 11?

Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Cool Will you upgrade to Windows 11?

Windows 11 is bringing Sexy back!

So by now we've all heard of Windows 11. Windows 11 is an upcoming major version of the Windows NT operating system developed by Microsoft. Announced on June 24, 2021, with an expected release in late 2021, Windows 11 is the successor to Windows 10, released in 2015.

As for me, I don't think I will upgrade to Windows 11. I am still very much happy with Windows 10. Well, at least, I'm not in any hurry to upgrade to Windows 11. And because of the stupid TPM (Trusted Platform Module) requirement. The TPM is basically something that makes PCs more secure (has something to do with storing encrypted keys). Most people with newer PCs (I say at least 2015 and Newer!) probably, most likely will have the TPM chip or TPM in the BIOS even if it is turned off, and won't have to worry and be able to upgrade to Windows 11. But you can simply go into your BIOS and enable the TPM chip. I understand why Microsoft is requiring the TPM. I watch alot of Linus Tech Tips on Youtube! It's to make Future PCs more safe and secure! And I am all for it too! Making Future PCs more secure in this technological digital age where every home has at least one PC!

Windows 11 looks really nice with a much needed, fresh and new more modern look!

Will you upgrade to Windows 11?

P.S. I like the rounded corners, though. Finally, Microsoft! Finally. We finally get Rounded Corners. Is all I have to say.

And I don't really think the TPM is stupid. It is a very much needed requirement for PC Computer Safety and Security in Today's Digital, Online-connected World!

Ignore what I said in the 2nd option in poll. I don't think Windows 11 will be just another Windows Me. Windows 11 looks to be very promising and looks to be a very strong and stable OS version update just like Windows 95/98 (for those that grew up in the fun and campy 1990s Nineties era!), Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 10!
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-11-26 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I will upgrade once it releases properly.

Maybe I'll delay by a month depending on what I read, just for M$ to iron out some issues if there are any.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'll upgrade. I'm assuming MS will do the same as they did with Win10 and offer an upgrade for free for the first year, or has there been no news about this yet?

well if they force TPM no.... my gaming ring from 2016/2017 doesn't have one and I'm not building a new rig anytime soon when this is playing what I play fine. I also think TPM for the average user is overkill. It makes sense for corporate images and windows servers but for the normal users nope.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    no as the requirements are crazy and i dont have that hardware security thing installed

Nah...If the Win 10 turn to be unusable for some reasons..Linux...Win 11 look totally screwed up already and it is not even released yet...

looks really impractical, more about fashion and less about functionality so i will pass.

Not compatible with it... so even though I want to, I can't.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Upgrade - no. If I will buy new gaming PC - will just use Windows 11.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I only upgraded to Win10 because some games didnt work on Win7 anymore. Will be the same with Win11. As long as I can use Win10 I will use it.

I don’t know. Maybe?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Won't rush to be the first, but I'll upgrade. Already fiddled around with my PC (I build my own) to enable TPM in preparation for it.

I would recommend waiting for a good 6 months for most games to support it. Usually there is something in a version upgrade that causes a number of games to have problems, and the game companies never work ahead of time to support the OS upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The requirements are basically a PC from the last 5 years or so. If that’s crazy you should have seen the original Windows requirements.

- - - Updated - - -

2016 is when TPM became mandatory for new processors. Soooo…
    ran the check not supported, check BIOS can't turn it on.. soooo..........there is an add-on for my MB that would work but not doing that either. TPM for home systems is overkill if my next system happens to have it then I'll upgrade then. I can even see TPM required for Win 11 pro, but home version recommended but not required.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

If they allow win10 users to upgrade for free. If not I'll wait until i build a new rig. I think my mobo has virtual tpm, so I'm okay as far as that goes.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, I am planning to buy iMac Pro once it gets released. I tire of Pc's. There is always something that doesn't work as intended.

TPM 2.0 module...So no. My PC is just fine for what I use it for.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Maybe a year or two after it's release, but no as of now. Only new thing that remotely interests me is Android app support, but who knows how that's going to work out.

I doubt ill be able to afford it legit. Are they saying how much it will cost? Ill hold off getting it as long as possible. I won't get it until I really need it.
    I kept using windows 7 for as long as could.
    I switched to windows 10 because it seemed to work a lot faster than windows 7.
    I don't think the TPM is for making your computer more secure. Sounds like it would be more about stopping piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    No, I am planning to buy iMac Pro once it gets released. I tire of Pc's. There is always something that doesn't work as intended.
    So you will go with an ARM cpu that barely supports anything? You gonna run into so many problems then. I mean...What games support arm yet (I know Blizzard quickly added it for wow), maybe 2nd gen will help, but nope. I never have any real problems with my PC and its now...gasp 6 years old.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So you will go with an ARM cpu that barely supports anything? You gonna run into so many problems then. I mean...What games support arm yet (I know Blizzard quickly added it for wow), maybe 2nd gen will help, but nope. I never have any real problems with my PC and its now...gasp 6 years old.
    I'm going to buy this computer for just music making purposes. I guess I will still play games on my PC and I don't think I need Windows 11 for that. My Pc is so packed that it should be able to handle future games as well for at least maybe 5 years if not more. I hope there will be M2 already when they release iMac Pro.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-08-21 at 11:33 PM.