Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why would Blizzard care about retail subs when half the playerbase is on Classic and these print the same money with the same sub without having to invent any new content whatsoever because the path is already laid in front of them?

Add new "inventions" like TBC boosts and "character cloning" and deluxe editions with new mounts and you're squeezing more money without having to increase your sub count.

There's very little financial motivation for Blizzard to keep investing in retail if it's classic what keeps the franchise afloat. If only half the subs are on retail they can half-ass it and just drop another 6-month sub with a free mount if you give them the credit card numbers (tokens / prepaid time don't work).

Classic launched halfway BFA, we would have to compare current numbers to pre-Classic launch numbers to have any form of comparison.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2021-08-22 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They fudged the definitions of the numbers to make the "first day" (sic) sales seem larger than they actually were.
    Especially with preorder periods becoming longer and longer..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    curious...how is it a perverse charting trick?
    Pre-orders and first day buyers are the same people who wants to play on the 1st day of the release. There's no reason to differentiate the two...
    A game that offers no pre-order can only be bought on the first day, or later, naturally it would perform more if it has preorders.

In the end it shows how good the marketing and hype were doing since both of those audiences are going in "blind".
    Yeah. Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Especially with preorder periods becoming longer and longer..
    And don't forget the Youtube embargos on the first couple of days after launch "to avoid spoilers" lmao.

It just sucks because I really like this expansion from a gameplay perspective. The story is shit, but I feel like I have so much control over my class and my performance. I wish more people played/did keys at 15+ (now that there's a reason to).
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2021-08-22 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    A game that offers no pre-order can only be bought on the first day, or later, naturally it would perform more if it has preorders.
    Yeah? And a game with less marketing will sell less than another... that's what marketing are for. I still didn't get an answer why it's important to differentiate the two.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

U only worry bout the number of people playin this game if u can’t treat ppl w/ respect. If u can treat ppl w/ respect there’s plenty of ppl to play the game with.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I don't get the hate. I thought it was a decent analysis based on numbers you can get. It remains an estimation but you can compare estimation from different point in time.

It is anecdotal, but it is not all worthless.

Oh I am one of those who don't raid, do M+ and PvP.
    dont know about hate, the criticism is well deserved though, he compares 7m long period with less than 2m period in different "position" in expansion, and make estimates based on numbers he just... guessed (like number of alts) from data that are most likely incomplete from unoficial source...

sure, its just estimate, but this estimate might be of mark literaly by milion to any side, perhaps even more...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-08-22 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It surprises me that WoW still performed bad during a freaking pandemic.
    I know right that’s quite an accomplishment honestly considering everyone was inside. Shows you how bad the game has been lately.

One content patch since the game was released almost a year ago. One!
    Last edited by muto; 2021-08-22 at 02:54 PM.

Using numbers of a tier that has been out for less than 2 months makes easy sensational titles. Because if you compare Uldir to Castle Nathria, you have pretty much the exact opposite storyline showing huge growth at start of the expansion compared to BFA. The game has been seasonal/cyclical since Legion, but hey, bashing and throwing random "facts" around gets a lot more viewers!

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO champ needs a new forum rule that auto locks and hides threads created by a YouTubers marketing team dummy accounts. Tired of seeing this crap

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    MMO champ needs a new forum rule that auto locks and hides threads created by a YouTubers marketing team dummy accounts. Tired of seeing this crap
    This. So much this. Think for yourselves instead of worrying about what some moron on Youtube said this week. Next week they'll change it to whatever they get paid to say then.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Using numbers of a tier that has been out for less than 2 months makes easy sensational titles. Because if you compare Uldir to Castle Nathria, you have pretty much the exact opposite storyline showing huge growth at start of the expansion compared to BFA. The game has been seasonal/cyclical since Legion, but hey, bashing and throwing random "facts" around gets a lot more viewers!
    Yeah not to mention these two dudes who “go off” and “rip into” Blizzard oh so savagely are just so corny with their clips channel. But I’m not knockin it, they out there chasin paper. To be honest tho half of it isn’t even them bein corny, it’s that crazed radical portion of their fan base that sets them up to look corny. As if these guys are responsible for bringing down Blizzard. If I’m not making sense, just head to the comments section of any of their clip videos. So much cringe in the comments section.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    dont know about hate, the criticism is well deserved though, he compares 7m long period with less than 2m period in different "position" in expansion, and make estimates based on numbers he just... guessed (like number of alts) from data that are most likely incomplete from unoficial source...

sure, its just estimate, but this estimate might be of mark literaly by milion to any side, perhaps even more...
    Sure you have seen the video, since the data shown are from the first month of each patch.

A lot of overly defensive people in this thread. Simping for a company like Activision-Blizzard. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I mean the main argument is about people that logged in during 9.1, the raiding, m+ and pvp numbers were just to confirm that the trend can be observed in all aspects compared to previous data.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

yeah yeah soon enough wow has a great patch and everyone are playing it again. Soon enough people have forgotten 2021s shitshow(s) and flock back to a decent 10.0 xpac.

You can hate it as much as you want. You can go mental on the forums and scream at the screen, but its going to be like that.

Luckily for Blizzard people can actually spend theyre time playing other MMOs or games cause they find current wow so shit, so thats a natural break for many players. Thats a good thing. I think MANY wow players would have benefited of just taking breaks from the game from time to time. To many are obsessed logging in every day, even when they find the game utter shite. Can you really believe that - people keep on playing a game day in, day out, even though they hate it. So sad.

Anyways. 9.1 is allright enough, far from the worst patch in wow. Excited for what they have in store for 9.2, even more excited about 10.0. Meanwhile i'll play wow from time to time, while venturing into other worlds(games).

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    This. So much this. Think for yourselves instead of worrying about what some moron on Youtube said this week. Next week they'll change it to whatever they get paid to say then.

Why would someone of 'Bellular's marketing team' embed all of the most relevant screenshots of the video, thereby ensuring fewer people will watch the actual video, as is clearly evident by many of the comments in this thread? What an asinine accusation and what a sorry excuse for avoiding the topic.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-08-22 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    OMG he's so smart with numbers he should be game director.

PS. Can't wait for his game.
    Was that sarcasm?

Why would someone of Bellular's marketing team post the most relevant screenshot of the video, thereby ensuring fewer people will watch the actual video. What an asinine accusation.
    Your first mistake was to even mention a youtuber or streamer on this forum. This always gets people frothing at the mouth, you pretty much lost any chance for a relevant discussion at that point, because a bunch of very sad existences lost all reason when they saw the title of the thread. They could have an open source cure for cancer and people would accuse them of shilling for big pharma..

Next time get the data yourself, the forum even has some basic graph tools iirc.

Why would someone of 'Bellular's marketing team' embed all of the most relevant screenshots of the video, thereby ensuring fewer people will watch the actual video? What an asinine accusation and what a sorry excuse for avoiding the topic.
    Because some people’s favorite anime is Naruto.