Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    When the stress test alphas were happening in August 2004, I knew today August 2021 that I would be here on MMO-C.com (Even though I've only been coming here since 2007) - just for posts like this: WoW Is DEAD, why even play

Seriously though: if people just come here to say the games dead, why even waste your time? It was dead in 2004, it was dead in 2005.. its been dead the WHOLE TIME right? lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Bellular analyses WoW's health.
    Who? And why would I give a shit what they think?

And what does M+ have to do with anything? I've been playing since vanilla and I don't run M+. I don't enjoy 5-man content; I miss the 72-man raids from EQ. If his point was that M+ is shit, then I agree. But M+ doesn't affect me, a very long term player, because I don't run those. That would be like posting the numbers of players who completed pet battle dungeons; sure, it's a number, but it does not reflect the health of the game.

So is that where we're at on this website now? Letting advertisements go on for hundreds of replies?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I suspect his numbers are a rough estimate, but not totally inaccurate. No one I know plays the game anymore. Anectdotal? Sure. How many of you have a lot of gray names in your guild and friend lists?
    we've lost 2 due to recent events, gained more though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Bellular pumped out about 100 videos without doing any research and analysis. He did nothing but eviscerate and ridicule Blizzard over things that have been going on since WOD. But, he didn't see it because he was too busy evangelizing the game like a googly eyed fanboy. 4-5 months later, he decides to do some actual and look at the numbers and you praise him and promote his video. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Luxeley; 2021-08-22 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    There is no data the can be recorded on the entire playerbase via third party. Just based on that, there will never be convincing evidence for the latter unless bliz outright show the data.

We can only go off of what can be trusted and raider.io is fairly popular enough to be a credible source. How its presented can be a different story.
    Yes tere are. That data are literaly pulled out of WoW armory.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So we're not allowed to talk about any youtube videos for fear that somebody, like yourself, only perceives it as ''free advertising''?
    Bellular won't ever notice you just because you advertise his videos on a random website.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Why again is what this dude says worth discussing?
    I mean fame is sooner something to be held against him because, frankly, the majority is stupid and most famous-because-of-media people tend to reflect that strongly.

I mean we wouldn't care if, say, Kim Kardashian pretended to know something either would we?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Since we are allowing just blatant advertisement with no substance, here's a meme to reflect this thread starter: I call it "YouTuber who doesnt Play WoW Cannot Stop Making WoW Videos"

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-08-22 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Yes tere are. That data are literaly pulled out of WoW armory.
    Then why are people having a bitch fit over the data? They cant handle the truth?
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Bellular is just the worst. He's been shitting on the game in his videos for many years now and he hasn't really accomplished anything in the game either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Who is this guy anyway?

The graphs pretty much sum up what everyone knows though. We're nearing rock bottom with no light at the end of the tunnel.
    He's a youtuber that started small with some WoW news and his thoughts and shit, tried to branch out into other games and failed, tried to make his own game and failed, and then switched to clickbait and wow bashing to keep his channel alive once he realized what was making him money. It's kinda sad and funny to see his video thumbnails change through the years.

How many of you have a lot of gray names in your guild and friend lists?
    Between TBCc and Retail, my friend list hasn't been this active in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Not if his audience loves to see WoW die. Just look at this forum. There are people here who haven't played the game in years and still they come here to share their uninformed opinion.
    i haven't played 'retail' in 2 years, and i haven't played 'classic' in 1 year, please tell me as someone who has played the game at the highest levels, and as a casual player on and off for the lifespan of this game, how am i 'uninformed' when i have said 'WoW is dying/dead' for years now, and the trend has just kept going, it's not rocket science to see a trend, identify that it will get worse, and here we are, it got worse, and now everyone is surprised to find out that (not counting china) worldwide the game has barely 1 MILLION total unique players assuming an avg alt count of 2-3/person.

there's been memes about 'WoW is dead' since the enormous sub fall off in cataclysm, however the difference at that time was that WoW really was the only go to option for this type of game, and even the utter dogshite expansion of WoD and its catastrophic sub decline weren't enough to kill the game because again at the time it was really the only place to get the kind of gameplay and wealth of content that the game had, now today, there's so many different games within the MMORPG genre that are comparable and/or BETTER than WoW, that people are leaving for good in their droves, this isn't an 'opinion' this is an immutable fact, and those that leave are not coming back, as seen by the raiding numbers alone, sure the whales are whaling harder than ever before now to keep the game 'profitable', once they have been pushed to breaking point you will quickly see what most critics and sceptics have been saying for years and years now, but if your ignorance and delusion allow you to sleep better at night then by all means keep being a closed minded ignorant fool defending a washed up piss poor excuse for game developers and a game studio living 10 years in the past.

I suspect his numbers are a rough estimate, but not totally inaccurate. No one I know plays the game anymore. Anectdotal? Sure. How many of you have a lot of gray names in your guild and friend lists?
    From a group of 20+ who started at various stages from Vanilla through to Cata, 2 still play, everyone else has moved on - all since SL launched except for 2 who quit late BfA. Im sure there are just as many who will say the opposite though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Less than optimal when the business model relies on monthly subscriptions.
    Hence why they despreately need to move away from subs. Expansion price with no sub free, most people would play if that were the case. People would still buy gold for tokens and more stuff from the store.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Less than optimal when the business model relies on monthly subscriptions.
    Except it has become far far far less reliant. The thing that will hurt is revenue from esports amid the current "scandal".

- - - Updated - - -

His audience would shrivel without WoW so for him to have some kind of vested interest in the game dying seems a bit suicidal.
    That would just prove you're a garbage streamer. I watched Ryukahr with Mario Maker originally, but I see a lot more other games like Pokemon games now and he's still entertaining to watch regardless so I watch him.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    He's a youtuber that started small with some WoW news and his thoughts and shit, tried to branch out into other games and failed, tried to make his own game and failed, and then switched to clickbait and wow bashing to keep his channel alive once he realized what was making him money. It's kinda sad and funny to see his video thumbnails change through the years.
    It also became funny/sad when a couple of months ago two videos came out a week apart wherein one he was complaining about the entirety of wow was too hard for people to get into and in the other complaining about how wow was too easy to get into. Two complete opposites that can't exist in the same game, yet somehow both are true according to Bellular.

I'm seeing people keep saying that player numbers don't matter when "WoW is increasingly focused on whales".

Well, you said it yourself, didn't you? If a game has to become dependent on whales, then the game isn't truly popular anymore. It's being subsidized by a small group of wealthy addicts. It's like saying comics are still popular because a few hundred comic addicts keep buying the super collectors edition covers and such. ​X-Men was cancelled for "low sales" in 1969 but it was still selling almost 250,000 copies per issue per month. Marvel was selling a million books a month. Today, a "good run" is selling 5,000 books total. We're talking a 95% reduction in sales compared to the good 'ole days. That's where WoW is at right now. This game used to have 12 million subscribers! And now it likely has 1.2 million or less (class WoW and retail WoW players combined). And Shadowlands' launch barely made a blip in the gaming news, unlike prior expansions. There is no way to spin that as "so what? My the game I worship is still doing fine! Bobby Kotick is smarter than you!".

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    And Shadowlands' launch barely made a blip in the gaming news, unlike prior expansions.
    ... it was fastest selling game in a history, but sure, barely made a blip

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    "if we guess and assume and think this WITHOUT ANY BASE WHATSOEVER wow have 1.2m players"

well, if i assume the data saying 3m active chars are incomplete and only count 1/10 of players wow have 30m players...
    sure, its wrong, but it have the same basis as that 1.2m guess (i refuse to call it estimate when it have absolutely nothing to lean on)