Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tales of Eternia and BoF imo

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Twin Snakes

You can only play these games on the PS3 and Gamecube respectively and I would love to see these re-released on modern platforms.

Armies of Exigo
    KKND

would love those.

And maybe LOTR:BFME
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-22 at 07:02 PM.

Terranigma or better the entire Soulblaze series, the creator of those games mysteriously disappeared and cannot be found, so there is no push into doing new games, sequels, remakes, or remasters, but its a very unique action JRPG and deserves better.(one of the greatest OSTs too)

Actraiser 1(same developer as Terranigma, Quinted)

I bet most people on this board do not even know those games existed for the SNES back in 1990-1995, because at least Terranigma was never released in the U.S. but Europe and Japan, what is pretty ironic, as Final Fantasy 2(IV) and FF(VI) was released only in the U.S. and Japan excluding Europe. Back in the days, those game devs had a strange handling of releases.

Fallout 1+2, in beautiful 2D and their turn based combat intact.

Final Fantasy IV and VI, like the PSP version with added content, still 2D, but maybe the higher difficulty of the DS versions. Wouldn't mind sequels to those games.

Age of Wonders 1(great SP campaign)

Age of Wonders 2(great MP)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divada View Post
    Soulblazer. Illusion of Gaia. Terranigma.

Come on SquareEnix, you cowards.
    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...assic_snes_rpg

Looks like some of the quinted devs of the past want to make that remaster.

Actraiser 1 could have that too, from the same team and one of the earliest SNES games of its kind.

Dragon Age Origins could do with one. The game was fantastic, the soundtrack was beautiful, but the graphics have not aged that well.

Or the first Spellforce game. Again, decent story, lovely music, interesting gameplay systems, but dear gods does it look old. And it could really do with adding a few modern day conveniences in RTS gameplay. Even just a "Select all units" button would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by THC BANDIT View Post
    Legacy of Kain

Vampire the Masquerade Redemption
    yeah, Blood Omen 1 (LoK) needs UREGENTLY a good remaster, its one of the greates vampire action rpgs that exists, yet, its ps1 release had bad coding and too much load pressure just to access your inventory and weapons and in additon got burried under the more populate soul reaver series, that is more of a Tomb Raider clone and does not compare to Blood Omen1.

Its a pity...

10+ Year Old Account
    i could probably reel off a huge list of games i feel should be remastered and re-released on modern hardware, but if the last few years are anything to go by and the utter shite that gets put out as a sick joke to pull on nostalgia to milk money out of people i don't think there should really be anymore until there's an industry standard applied to prevent utter disasters like W3 or the like from happening again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    yeah, Blood Omen 1 (LoK) needs UREGENTLY a good remaster, its one of the greates vampire action rpgs that exists, yet, its ps1 release had bad coding and too much load pressure just to access your inventory and weapons and in additon got burried under the more populate soul reaver series, that is more of a Tomb Raider clone and does not compare to Blood Omen1.

Its a pity...
    while i would love to see a soul reaver remaster, it's not possible since most of the cast are no longer around anymore (either dead or no longer working in the industry), and i think that's going to be some of the more challenging issues with older titles especially from the 90's, many of the older games would be technologically impossible to remaster and would need to be rebuilt from the ground up which for a lot of developers is too much work for not enough profit at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Masters of Orion
    Umm...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...ster_of_Orion/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Armies of Exigo
    KKND

would love those.

And maybe LOTR:BFME
    just download and play the 'age of the ring' mod for BFME2, it's as close to a 'remaster' as we're ever going to see since the original game and the sequel are technically abandonware now but EA being EA while no longer owning the copyright and/or rights to the games will never let anybody touch them, it's why BFME reforged is still 'in development' after being in development for the better part of 3-4 years, granted it's a fan project and not an official project but still, any kind of 'update' to the game that tries to be released just gets a cease and desist letter threatening legal action which is why i doubt that the 'reforged' version will see the light of day for a VERY LONG time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Jedi Knight II: Outcast
    Jedi Knight: Academy
    Totally this.

Twisted Metal Black

Chrono Cross

Legend of Dragoon

KOTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    if i'm forced to pick 1 game i would say Jade Empire, and maybe add more games into the storyline since it was left open ended and never followed up on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Twisted Metal Black

Chrono Cross

Legend of Dragoon

KOTOR
    so much fun

meh could be interesting i guess

yes please a very good game overshadowed by FF at the time

i think star wars games are too saturated in the market and honestly needs to stop being churned out by EA etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    How could I forget about Freelancer... too bad its creator is fleecing people with vaporware now.
    Well, there are plenty of other Microsoft-owned studios that could develop it since it is a Microsoft product.

- - - Updated - - -

To answer the question I'd say from a personal POV the games that need remastering are basically:

Any game that got a US/Japan release but never made it to Europe.

Crazy Taxi 1 through 3.
    Einhänder.
    Nightmare Creatures 1 & 2.
    Kuon.
    Nier Gestalt, because I like papa Nier more than skinny brother Nier.

Heroes of Might and Magic III
    Final Fantasy VI
    Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Silent Hill 1 and 2
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Skies of Arcadia
    Exhumed/Power Slave

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...assic_snes_rpg

Looks like some of the quinted devs of the past want to make that remaster.
    Great find, thank you! There is hope.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doom 2: Hell On Earth using the Doom Eternal graphics engine and just as many hordes of enemies as the original.

MechWarrior 3/MW3: Pirates Moon. By far one of my favourite games plus its expansion. Mainly because it's difficult to get running on new versions of Windows and you can't play online at all because the services for it have been defunct for over two decades now and we are no longer playing on dialup internet. Pretty much impossible to run even on a virtual PC using XP because the graphics tech is wildly different.

MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries + expansions. Another of my personal favourite games and one that Jena right pain in the arse to get running without a Windows XP emulator, which even then it suffers performance problems.

Super Mario RPG, which I don't think needs any explanation as to why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Heroes of Might and Magic III
    Final Fantasy VI
    Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Silent Hill 1 and 2
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Skies of Arcadia
    Exhumed/Power Slave
    I thought I read somewhere that Power Slave was getting an entry of some sort, don't remember if it was a remaster or not.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I would really really like a remaster of Dragon Age Origins and hope we get one eventually. They don't have to wait to remaster the whole trilogy like they did with Mass Effect I would personally be happy with just Origins getting a remaster for the moment.
    tbh I wouldn't even touch with ten feet pole the rest of DA series. DA:O is a masterpiece and I replay it from time to time and will in the future, remastered or not.

As for ME... I tried it two or three times. I was never able to force myself through more than 40 mins gameplay. Either part. I tried em all. Not my cup of tea.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is the best example in that department. So far I do not need remaster to replay it as well. The last scene still puts me into shivers. I'm fine, thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Dragon Age Origins needs to be remade with DA:I mechanics if not even more action combat-y ones.
    No. It needs not, thanks. DA:O is perfect as it is.
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2021-08-22 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

I'd love Betrayal at Krondor remake (remaster might not be enough for this stoneage game :P).